Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bigger tournaments are choosing to provide only adv for whatever reasons unknown to me. It makes everything easier on the td's and scheduling is much easier to do. Regardless, you will play with players who are playing at your level at that tournament in the 2nd and 3rd rounds anyways, just play....

Comment

Originally posted by Will of Doom View Post
      Advanced only. Well I won't be attending this one. After placing well last year I was really looking forward to it. Oh well. Looks like it's the RCO for me then. You guys have fun.
      Will, I'd love to have you and Shannon still be a part of the BSF. I need LOTS of volunteers this year. The two of you would be a HUGE help to me. Think about it and let me know.

Bob

Comment

QUOTE=snap7times;54992]bigger tournaments are choosing to provide only adv for whatever reasons unknown to me. It makes everything easier on the td's and scheduling is much easier to do. Regardless, you will play with players who are playing at your level at that tournament in the 2nd and 3rd rounds anyways, just play....[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. I'll have to mull it over.
        According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          To each his own. According to the PDGA guidelines, my rating has NEVER qualified me as an Advanced player, yet I played Advanced for years.... To each his own. I won a total of ONE trophy (3rd place) in Intermediate. For that matter, in my years as an Advanced player, I only won one trophy, and it was also just 3rd place. Why did I move up to Advanced when I did? So I would not plateau and stagnate. To each his own.

On the other hand, I know of a player who has played his entire career in one division. He has won 45 trophies, is rated WELL above the guidelines for that division, and yet continues to play in the same division. Year after year. And he wins. Over and over and over again. Doesn't seem too challenging to me, but then, to each his own.
          do i know of this san....errr..gentleman?

Comment

Guess you've got to give the Intermediates and Rec's something to do. Can't have them mulling around the parking lot when the good players are on the course. Look out AM1! This AM2 player is going to kick at least one of your asses. Say no to DFL.

Comment

Is it still Advanced only, when we are having two weekends?

Comment

The Super Tour event is scheduled to be an Advanced Amateur tournament...
                We're still working out the details as far as the number of rounds and total number of players.

VOLUNTEERS will play and always will play a major role in the success of an event...Thank you to those that have already committed to helping and those that committed today after the split decision announcement! If anyone would like to volunteer for either weekend please contact our volunteer coordinator on the Beaver State Fling website under contacts!
                www.beaverstatefling.com

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X