Camp Taloali Deaf Youth Camp Fundraiser @ Jerry Miller DGC May 15-16 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nathan, you know I had a great time there. I always do around the hearing impaired. I love you guys and gals

OUt of the 9 of us in the Int men division, I was 2nd to last going into the final round and played well enough to end up 5th. I am happy with that, but could have done a lot better.

Nate said we raised about $700 for the camp.

This event along with the ODDGC last year has me inspired to learn a lot more ASL. I learned a lot of signs this weekend and communication was not a problem.

Nathan, I posted some pics on my facebook page if you want to see them. feel free to use any that you want for personal use.

I know I plan to attend every single deaf event I can from here on out!!!
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

There are various pictures on various facebook pages, ladybuzzz took pictures of the awards. I'll try to copy some and post on here in the next few days. I forgot to add that the trophies have space in the middle on the 1st and 2nd place trophies for the winners to have thier names put in either professionally or by themselves.
      As for the ratings for the other groups, I'm guessing I don't have enough PDGA members in there or have their numbers? I thought there would be enough but thinking there needs to be a few more, I'll look up the players names and see if i get a few more pdga numbers?
      Am still in Salem until tomorrow morning, then it's back down to california to my beautiful pregnant fiance who is missing her "Boyes"...
      I hope that someone hosts one of the winter series tournaments at camp taloali, every disc golf related event hosted at camp taloali gets 50 percent of the rental revenue from camping/cabin fees given to the course development fund. Todd and I are really wanting to get those alt pins and pro pads put in this fall, hopefully we can do it to generate more interest in the course from the public. I did share with my groups some of our plans and they were very excited to see the ongoing progress there.
      Thanks to all, I'll chime in again soon, gotta pack...

Comment

Snap, great courses, great weather, really great people and I even got to watch a bald eagle. Thanks for all your work, it really showed as the tourney went so smooth. Gawain, congrats on first place. It was amazing as you hit long put after long put. Can't wait till next year.

Comment

Awesome job running the tourney this last weekend! we had a blast...

Comment

Any of you that missed this, you missed a super fun event!
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys and gals... I updated a few more pdga numbers that I had to search for, ratings got changed a bit, not for the better like some of us had hoped. oh well... Camp Taloali along the river has tons of eagles and hawks as I used to go with my buddies rafting or tubing from mehama/lyons down the river to camp taloali on those hot hot summer days and you can see them on the river... just got home a few hours ago, whew what a drive, forgot how beautiful Oregon is compared to california...

Comment

I ended up with more discs leftover than anticipated. There are sparkle squalls and rogues, D Tsuami's and RDGA Reefs.
                The Reef and Tsuami's are $10 and the Sparkle's are $15. All these have the tournament stamp on them and all proceeds go to next year's fundraiser, which I will do again based on the popular request. I accept check or paypal. Shipping will be around $5 for the first disc...

Comment

submitted td report online a few days ago, haven't heard back. Will follow up with them next week if all is good. The td report does take time to do, but it's pretty simple I think...

Comment

A few pictures...

Comment

continued

Comment

tee sign sponsors got to take their signs home with them... here's one example..

Comment

Td report accepted by PDGA - Gentry...

Comment

Some more pics...

Comment

The 2nd annual Camp Taloali Deaf Youth Camp Fundraiser @ Jerry Miller DGC will be on May 14-15, 2011.
                              Expect this tournament to be twice as better as a few things will change for the better. The courses will be very different and much more challenging and FUN!

Comment

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62889
                                It's on the PDGA schedule, pdga sign up will be up and running within a week I hope. Flyer will be posted in a week or so as well. Hope to fill this baby up this year, it was a great one last year... 1 course this time but 2 different layouts, 1 using the main course, 1 using half and half and being par 64-66ish... 3 rounds not 4 this time.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X