Camp Taloali Deaf Youth Camp Fundraiser @ Jerry Miller DGC May 15-16 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spent about 10 hours on the trophies.... so sweet...

Comment

Can't wait Snap! Going to be a blast this weekend for sure!

See ya Saturday morning nice and early. I'll bring the basket with me then. This event needs more pro players by the way...
      Team DISCRAFT
      NW Sign Up
      Gorilla Boy
      Paragon Disc Golf
      Odwalla

Comment

This event does need more players. This is the week to flood Snap with emails of "I want to play! Put me on the list, and I'll pay when I arrive!"

This event promises to have it all: 4 separate events, glow, camping, PDGA points, raise money for the deaf youth camp, cabins, hot showers, RV hookups, TWO 18-hole courses, sweet trophies, lunch nearby, and much much more!

I hope to see some you all out there. This will be a great time! I can tell a lot of effort has gone into this tourney, and I know from experience that is what it takes to make a great event . Let's support Snap and his crew, Camp Taloali, deaf kids, and go have a great time playing disc golf while doing it!
        Last edited by TreeLove; May 15th, 2010, 09:14 PM.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Alright, arrived up in Oregon last night, spent 5 hours setting up the Temp course today. Got all the teesigns in, teepads flagged and painted, the pin placements flagged and painted as well. Baskets will go in as soon as they arrive from various people on Friday and saturday but those who want to practice the layout, go for it. I did my best with what I had to work with and think the last 6 holes are especially sweet, I might be just being paranoid and the whole thing is sick haha.... Hole 12 is sadistic, hard mando left with the basket on the little berm next to the river for a must par 3.
          Trophies - check
          Player pack discs - check *1 sparkle and 1 D for first 47 AMS that register, currently at around 24.
          Tee signs - check
          Temp course set up - check
          Permeant course ready to go - check - will move a few tees farther back in the morning Friday
          There will be a $1 per throw, no limit on throws, on Sunday for CTP to win a gold metal prize mini basket!
          There will be no food provided, but am working on someone selling lunch on Sunday. Sorry Gawain.
          Both courses have been mowed extensively by the caretaker as he is really going all out to prep the grounds for this tournament! Big thanks to Richard and his family.
          I have 120 glow sticks and tape ready to rock for the 2 rounds of glow.
          The stamp on the tournament discs was done by a deaf artist who gave disc golf a try and did a great job!
          This will be a very top notch C tier tournament! Probably easily confused with a B tier if all goes well
          Where are the PROS??? As of right now, all added cash goes to first place? We don't want Dion taking all the money and the sweet first place trophy which valued at $45 do we!? The 2007 Deaf National Champ is recovering from ankle surgery but heard about playing with some top notch Oregon pros and is gonna put his name into the hat!
          Come show up for 1 or 2 or 3 or all 4 of the events! Everyone will get their money's worth and feel great about contributing to our youth of tomorrow!
          I'll be at Taloali at 10am Friday and working all day making everything smooth. See you there! Don't miss this!

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            Alright, arrived up in Oregon last night, spent 5 hours setting up the Temp course today. Got all the teesigns in, teepads flagged and painted, the pin placements flagged and painted as well. Baskets will go in as soon as they arrive from various people on Friday and saturday but those who want to practice the layout, go for it. I did my best with what I had to work with and think the last 6 holes are especially sweet, I might be just being paranoid and the whole thing is sick haha.... Hole 12 is sadistic, hard mando left with the basket on the little berm next to the river for a must par 3.
            Trophies - check
            Player pack discs - check *1 sparkle and 1 D for first 47 AMS that register, currently at around 24.
            Tee signs - check
            Temp course set up - check
            Permeant course ready to go - check - will move a few tees farther back in the morning Friday
            There will be a $1 per throw, no limit on throws, on Sunday for CTP to win a gold metal prize mini basket!
            There will be no food provided, but am working on someone selling lunch on Sunday. Sorry Gawain.
            Both courses have been mowed extensively by the caretaker as he is really going all out to prep the grounds for this tournament! Big thanks to Richard and his family.
            I have 120 glow sticks and tape ready to rock for the 2 rounds of glow.
            The stamp on the tournament discs was done by a deaf artist who gave disc golf a try and did a great job!
            This will be a very top notch C tier tournament! Probably easily confused with a B tier if all goes well
            Where are the PROS??? As of right now, all added cash goes to first place? We don't want Dion taking all the money and the sweet first place trophy which valued at $45 do we!? The 2007 Deaf National Champ is recovering from ankle surgery but heard about playing with some top notch Oregon pros and is gonna put his name into the hat!
            Come show up for 1 or 2 or 3 or all 4 of the events! Everyone will get their money's worth and feel great about contributing to our youth of tomorrow!
            I'll be at Taloali at 10am Friday and working all day making everything smooth. See you there! Don't miss this!
            Nathan, you ROCK! Sound so SWEEEET! I can't hardly wait to go today! There are 2 ladies signed up, so we need more ladies!! Pretty please! It is gonna to be a great cause for our next generation deaf players!!
            PDGA 38506
            ODDGA 27
            DDGA 176
            2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Gettin picked up at any time. Heading to the Depot to load up the trailer and get on our way as soon as possible. Cant wait to get there
              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

What a weekend, i'm exhausted... hopefully everyone had a blast and left very happy. Scores are updated... i did very good considering I was preoccupied the whole weekend. Thanks to Dion for dragging those pros to the tournament, that made it that much more successful. All the hole sponsors and those who brought out the portable baskets, so sweet, thanks! Made all the difference, hope everyone enjoyed the layouts that I made right before the tournament. Thanks to all who came, $700 got raised for the camp! Maybe next time we can double the numbers and make it $1500. The rounds went unbeliveably smooth and fastttt... everyone was back on the road by 4pm... yeah baby... Ok time for bed zzzz...

Comment

Great job, Snap. The event was a blast, and went off without a hitch. The weather was fantastic, the courses were great, the camp was beautiful. The people were awesome, I had a great time playing with Snap, Shane, Dan, Craig, & Jerry on my cards! It was cool meeting some new people, and seeing all the mid-valley die-hards. The trophies are cool, the mini basket prize was sweet. If you missed this event, I strongly suggest you catch it next time, it was really fun!

Regarding the scores:

* Craig Nielsen is missing from the leaderboard, he shot 207 to tie Dan Hammett, and Dan won the playoff.

Comment

Hey, wow, boy was I tired last night when entering those scores, just went through and corrected a few misentries and sorry to Craig, didn't see his name wasn't checked on the upload. Hopefully it looks right now.
                    Those who went to the tournament, I totally spaced on the pdga tournament evaluations, since this was my first pdga tourney, i would appreciate those who went to print one out and email to me @ snap7times@gmail.com or mail to 4722 kingdom way ne, salem, or 97301.
                    http://www.pdga.com/documents/event-evaluation-form
                    Thanks! Hope to hear more from others what they thought of the weekend. For those who can't tell the difference in the names on the tournament listing, there were 25 hearing players and 14 Deaf players, but I am sure everyone will say it went smoothly and communication was easy all around.
                    Justin Skinnell won the playoff for 2nd in the Open division and Dan Hammmett won the playoff for the adv masters.
                    Justin David had a fantastic weekend and the open guys are gonna have a "talk" with him soon, but am sure Justin slept with his new trophy last night heh.

Forgot to add, new course records for both courses, Shane, Justin, Brice, Josh, and Justin David all share the -11 record on the Jerry Miller course. Justin skinnell has the temp course record at -12 and is unofficially 1032 rated.
                    Brice Lang hit his first PDGA tournament ace in the first round on Jerry Miller hole 18.
                    Congrats to Shane Waters for his first PDGA win, was nice playing with him twice, and being on the lead card for open, didn't think I would have a chance in "heck" to ever compete with these guys, it was great!
                    There was $242 added to cash payout for total of $485 to pro purse, 1st took $200, 2nd $125, 3rd 90, 4th $70 but 2nd and 3rd tied so $107 each for 2nd and 3rd.
                    Last edited by snap7times; May 17th, 2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                      Just spent about 10 hours on the trophies.... so sweet...
                      Snap,
                      Congrats on running your first PDGA event. Sounds like it went well.
                      Any chance for a photo of one of those trophies??

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                        Snap,
                        Congrats on running your first PDGA event. Sounds like it went well.
                        Any chance for a photo of one of those trophies??
                        You can always stop by and see one IN PERSON in my trophy case...

Comment

Well done, Nathan!! He did good job as last year's ODDGA T.D., and now he did outdo himself by doing a great job running his very first PDGA event!! It was nice to see the mixture of hearing and deaf players in the first round, and watching those players keep paying $ 1.00 after and after in the C.T.P contest to win sweet mini basket after 4th round. Thank you to everyone for coming down to the event to support the efforts to bring disc golf to deaf youth campers!
                          PDGA 38506
                          ODDGA 27
                          DDGA 176

Comment

Snap:

Another question: Why don't round ratings appear for the Rec, Intermediate, & Advanced Women? Is it because there were never enough propagators in their pool? Can that be rectified? Will it affect ratings for our pool?

Again, great job, and wow am I sore after playing my second 72-hole 2-day tourney this year!

Comment

enclosed a picture of Camp Taloali trophy to get an idea.
                              PDGA 38506
                              ODDGA 27
                              DDGA 176

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
                                enclosed a picture of Camp Taloali trophy to get an idea.
                                Thanks LadyBuzzz! Nice trophies Snap.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X