Camp Taloali Deaf Youth Camp Fundraiser @ Jerry Miller DGC May 15-16 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Taloali Deaf Youth Camp Fundraiser @ Jerry Miller DGC May 15-16

As mentioned a million times already, I am hosting a PDGA Charity Endowment Fundraiser Tournament! Originally it was going to be a Tier-B but apparently there was a misunderstanding and it must be a Tier-C, but however, that is not going to stop me from adding as much cash as I can to the Pro purse. The entry fees will be a little low so that people have more money to spend on lodging, doubles, glow rounds, and other activities, which will benefit everyone!
    The amateurs will be getting a super players pack and "trophy only" while Pro's will be purely CASH!
    There are quite a few details to be worked out but all is going smooth.
    I am still looking for a few volunteers to help me in a few areas, please email me or ping me... snap7times@gmail.com.
    I also will need to borrow baskets for the temporary course as well so please let me know if you bring a basket for us to borrow for the weekend.
    Sponsors will mean a lot to this tournament and if you are interested in sponsoring, please email me.
    Tee Sign Sponsor - $20 for one hole; $30 for 2 holes; $50 for 4 holes
    Disc stamp sponsor - $75 *Limited spots

Registration will be done on PDGA and all Open divisions will be $40 and all Amateur divisions will be $30. There will be NO "Non-Pdga membership fees"! So this is a good tournament for non members to play in as well!

A simple example of breakdown of entry fee for Open would be;
    $4 - automatic requirement from PDGA to be donated to Charity - Camp Taloali
    $9 - 25% requirement to be donated to Charity - Camp Taloali
    $3 - DDGA/Operation fees *PDGA and DDGA sanctioning fees
    $24 - Payout

My goal is to have at least $500 added to the payout *I had over $700 added to the payout for ODDGC which only had 20 registered players in all the open divisions combined.

There are 10 cabins that sleep 8 each with heat and individual lockers. These will be $10 per person per night. Camping/5th wheel is $6 per person per night. There are 5 RV hook ups available for $30 per night.

There will be 4 rounds, 2 rounds on each course. The permanent course plays a bit easy but some holes will have their tee boxes moved to add difficulty.

There will be a camp bonfire on Friday and Saturday night plus glow both nights for a small fee to cover glow equipment provided. There are hot showers and clean bathrooms on the main grounds. Fishing is allowed on the river, but of course licenses are required. NO pets please, there are many wild animals that roam the camp, especially deer. Hot coffee will be provided on both mornings.

I'll add more info as we go along. Volunteers for small duties and sponsorships will go a long way to helping me out. This tournament is to help the Deaf Youth Camps that occur during the summer and to prove that Disc Golf was a good investment to the Camp board as well..

Any questions, ask away! A flyer will come out in a few weeks once a few more details are worked out in player packages and so forth. PDGA sign up should be up in less than 2 weeks hopefully.

so quiet? bump...

Comment

Sounds like a total blast, can't wait for the flyer and for registration to open up - I want one of those RV sites!
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

The temp course around the main grounds will be put in special for this event only. Will need 18 baskets for this, already got 4-5 baskets, so 13-14 left to go.
        The temp course measurements is looking like this; rough estimate
        500+ - 1
        400+ - 2
        300+ - 6
        300 and under - 9

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          The temp course around the main grounds will be put in special for this event only. Will need 18 baskets for this, already got 4-5 baskets, so 13-14 left to go.
          Will you accept Innova traveling basket as temporary basket? I have one with me.
          PDGA 38506
          ODDGA 27
          DDGA 176
          2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

If I am unable to get enough "real" portables like mach's, m-14's, disccatchers etc, I'll be forced to use traveling baskets, hope it dosent come to that, so just bring your baskets and ofc let me know what kind it is...

Comment

online registration should be up and running next week, submitted the online sign up info today...

$40 for Open
              $30 for Amateur
              Trophy only for AMS and player pack will be 2 discs from Discraft. Planning on Stalker, Nuke, soft focus and buzzz... see what happens. Added cash to Open.

Comment

Registration is up on PDGA....

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1267392594

Comment

bump...

Comment

only one registered player so far? is there something I don't know that is going on that weekend that is preventing anyone from coming to this tournament?? I've got more sponsors than players! geee... Get those registrations in, help the camp, help the COURSE!

Comment

I plan on registering after my april payday. I imagine some people are waiting to see if they get in the BSF.

Comment

those who want a flyer go to;
                        www.oregonddga.com

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                          those who want a flyer go to;
                          www.oregonddga.com
                          Snap nothing comes up when I click on that link.

Cindy
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

works fine for me... type in www.oregonddga.com?

Comment

oregonddga.com works fine but when you click on the link for the flyer, it doesn't come up as it says "sorry, no posts matched your criteria"

Can you post the flyer here on this thread?
                              PDGA 38506
                              ODDGA 27
                              DDGA 176
                              2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X