X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
    And some interesting results there. The Pro Masters winner would have won Open by one stroke, and pocketed $205 more. 2nd place in Pro Masters would have won 4th in Open.

The top seven finishers in Advanced would have cashed in Open and some of them have been winning Advanced tournaments for two years or more.

It actually makes the Advanced Masters winner look like less of a bagger!

Just a little ribbing folks, from a bitter old guy consistently 1-4 strokes out of the cash in Open.
    Even more interesting is the Pro Master winner started out playing in the Open Pool but complained after the first round that he could not keep up with the youngsters and wanted to be moved back to MPM like he signed up for. Tom was trying to do him a favor by making him play in the Open field but the MPM was having nothing to do with $200.00 more dollars in his pocket.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash View Post
      Even more interesting is the Pro Master winner started out playing in the Open Pool but complained after the first round that he could not keep up with the youngsters and wanted to be moved back to MPM like he signed up for. Tom was trying to do him a favor by making him play in the Open field but the MPM was having nothing to do with $200.00 more dollars in his pocket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash View Post
        Even more interesting is the Pro Master winner started out playing in the Open Pool but complained after the first round that he could not keep up with the youngsters and wanted to be moved back to MPM like he signed up for.
        I kind of wonder about switching divisions in the middle of a tourney. Sort of seems like once you play a round (or a hole) in one division you shouldn't be able to jump to something else. I'm guessing the TD can exercise discretion since I don't see it addressed in the rules or comp manual (but I haven't looked very hard).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim J View Post
          I kind of wonder about switching divisions in the middle of a tourney. Sort of seems like once you play a round (or a hole) in one division you shouldn't be able to jump to something else. I'm guessing the TD can exercise discretion since I don't see it addressed in the rules or comp manual (but I haven't looked very hard).
          I thought that was interesting too...I'm not trying to open up a can of worms BUT what if an Adv player, after playing a poor first round and a poor second round is looking at the prospect of not scripting in Adv but their score is only a stroke or two out of the Int div leader could that Adv player be moved (rating permitted) to the Int div at their request to be allowed to contend for the win in the last round?? Conversely, could an Adv player who is killing it at the tourney and sees that they are looking at mid-cash or better in Pro, be moved up mid-tourney, with a little extra cash to cover the difference between Am and Pro entry fees. Where's Chuck at for this one?

Although I want to make it clear that this is an outstanding event that is run very well and I appreciate all that the staff did to make this a wonderful tourney and I have had a great time all of the times that I have played this event!
          Last edited by OneDarkRebel; April 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM.
          Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim J View Post
            I think what actually happened is he signed up for Masters, the TD put him in Open against his wishes, and he asked to be put in Masters, albeit after the round. Whether that signifies tacit approval of his changed division on his part I don't know - maybe he just saw his name on a card and the starting hole and went there to tee off, and didn't know until after the round started that the TD had switched his division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
              I think what actually happened is he signed up for Masters, the TD put him in Open against his wishes, and he asked to be put in Masters, albeit after the round. Whether that signifies tacit approval of his changed division on his part I don't know - maybe he just saw his name on a card and the starting hole and went there to tee off, and didn't know until after the round started that the TD had switched his division.
              Matt is correct, Rob signed up in MPM but was placed in MPO and he rectified it after the first round with Tom!

Seems Tom had a greater faith in Rob's ability then Rob did.
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

• R U Serious?

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                Did Rob really complain that he couldn't keep up with the youngsters?
                Some peeps would do anything for $200 less in their pocket.
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                  Did Rob really complain that he couldn't keep up with the youngsters?
                  Some peeps would do anything for $200 less in their pocket.
                  Exact words out of his mouth, several people tried to talk him out of it!
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

• No, you really cannot change divisions once play has started. Rob confirmed with Tom he wanted to play MPO before play started, we just didn't have time to change the boards before the players were sent out for their first round.

Yes, I think Rob was wishing he'd stayed in MPO... but, as Tom pointed out, he may not have played as well those last 2 rounds if he had been playing in the MPO groups.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X