Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not bitter about not getting in at all. I do think that qualifiers would be a great idea. I would like to see the best that the northwest offers, playing it out at our biggest tournament of the year. I do like that people from all over the country get to play, so how about qualifiers next year for 40 AMs and leave 40 spots open for online registration? If you were doing qualifiers, rather than scrip at the qualifiers, winners would get some of there BSF registration payed. Just an idea.

Comment

• I didn't get in last year. Got in this year.
      Sad last year. Happy this year.

Comment

• What's this talk about not getting in? It looks like the web store is still accepting registrations to me! The player list shows 142 right now, wasn't the cap like 160? I just successfully added one to my cart, and then removed it. Didn't get your email with the URL? I think that's what the SuperTour WaitList (it is not truly a waiting list UNTIL the event is full, like the Pro side is) link will get you, but this is not an official post. Or contact the TD! (Can we share the URL yet?)
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• I am #27 on the wait list. Pretty positive it's full.

Comment

• Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
            It is my understanding that only the MA1 side filled up in 2 minutes because there was only 80 spots in each pool. Sounds like pretty much all the crusties & women who signed up got in, so being a women (and a crusty too) I would not be in favor of quaifiers or a higher price. Seems to me the best solution to increase the number of players would be to go to a 3 day event. In an earelier thread it was posted that if it went to 3 days that would allow 300 players that would be 150 MA1s I do believe. The other two NTs the Memorial & Steady Ed that have am tournaments associated with them are both 3 day events.

Cindy
            I think we can be magnanimous with a 3 day tourney and only reserve 100 spots for age/gender protected divisions.

That should get most everyone in.
            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
              I think we can be magnanimous with a 3 day tourney and only reserve 100 spots for age/gender protected divisions.

That should get most everyone in.
              Might want to make that 150. Have you seen the size of the Adv. MAsters field? Holy Jebus, it's big.

Looking forward to playing with you and Gawain again. A little vengeance for TDG would be nice

Comment

• Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                What's this talk about not getting in? It looks like the web store is still accepting registrations to me! The player list shows 142 right now, wasn't the cap like 160? I just successfully added one to my cart, and then removed it. Didn't get your email with the URL? I think that's what the SuperTour WaitList (it is not truly a waiting list UNTIL the event is full, like the Pro side is) link will get you, but this is not an official post. Or contact the TD! (Can we share the URL yet?)
                So far, there are 142 paid registrants. Those are the names you see on the pdga page. The remaining 18 spots are people who received the magic e-mail, but have not paid yet (they have 72 hours to do so). If they choose not to pay, or forget to pay, they forfeit their spot and the next person from the wait list gets in.

The wait list consists of everyone past 80 in line for a particular pool. Yeah, you can still sign up on line. But you are not signing up for the tournament - you are signing up to receive the pre-registration e-mail. IF enough people in front of you drop, you would actually receive that e-mail.

That is how I understand the process. This is not an official post.

Comment

• Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                  What's this talk about not getting in? It looks like the web store is still accepting registrations to me! The player list shows 142 right now, wasn't the cap like 160? I just successfully added one to my cart, and then removed it. Didn't get your email with the URL? I think that's what the SuperTour WaitList (it is not truly a waiting list UNTIL the event is full, like the Pro side is) link will get you, but this is not an official post. Or contact the TD! (Can we share the URL yet?)
                  No you can not share the URL, ok sure but it does not work anymore. The first list was a pre-registration list and that is exactly what is was. A pre-reg list lets us control the sign up rate. If we did not do that there would have been 130 MA1's before the crusties and women could get in to have at least a 4 person division. We capped the MA1's at 80 because that is how many we can get through the course in one round of tee times. Also there were multiple entries by some people, not entirely their fault, so if we just sent out the URL some people might have interpreted this as an open invitation to sign up more than just themselves.

More emails went out today for the MA1's not a lot but a few. Should see the registered numbers go up over the weekend I hope http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9775
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash View Post
                    No you can not share the URL, ok sure but it does not work anymore. The first list was a pre-registration list and that is exactly what is was. A pre-reg list lets us control the sign up rate. If we did not do that there would have been 130 MA1's before the crusties and women could get in to have at least a 4 person division. We capped the MA1's at 80 because that is how many we can get through the course in one round of tee times. Also there were multiple entries by some people, not entirely their fault, so if we just sent out the URL some people might have interpreted this as an open invitation to sign up more than just themselves.

More emails went out today for the MA1's not a lot but a few. Should see the registered numbers go up over the weekend I hope http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9775
                    Thanks, as always, for the explanation, Flash! You rock!
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• Is it too late to make the 2010 BSF Super tour a 3 day event?

Just hoping......... 300 jpeople. Two pools: (A) all advanced (B) the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
                        Is it too late to make the 2010 BSF Super tour a 3 day event?

Just hoping......... 300 jpeople. Two pools: (A) all advanced (B) the rest.
                        Oh, no problem. ONE MEEELLLION DOLLARS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minordiety View Post
                          Might want to make that 150. Have you seen the size of the Adv. MAsters field? Holy Jebus, it's big.

Looking forward to playing with you and Gawain again. A little vengeance for TDG would be nice
                          I was thinking the exact same thing John. I am looking forward to playing some rounds with you guys. I had a blast playing TDG and maybe I can learn a few secrets from you old veterans.

Comment

• Has anyone EVER seen a MM1 field this big outside Worlds?

Comment

• no, and I'm honored that there will be 2 deaf in that division, i'm hoping lionel simmons makes a killing! That guy can huk

Comment

• Hello from Beaver State Fling Registration Central. It seems there is a little confusion on whether or not registration is closed or not for the Pro side. We are currently still using a wait list sign up format but we wanted to let everyone know that we still have room for competitors within the Pro Women, Pro Masters and Pro Grandmaster divisions at this yearís event. If you would like to register to play please fill out the Pro Waitlist in the store, http://www.beaverstatefling.com/2010/pro_waitlist

After I receive your wait list request I will send you an email with a link to sign up for the event. We currently have 20 Open Women, over 50 Pro Masters and over 20 Pro Grandmasters. Our goal is to try to allow all that want to compete a chance to do so. Obviously we have a limit but currently there is plenty of room for these divisions.

If you are an Open Men competitor you are encouraged to also sign up for the event if you want to play. We currently have people on the wait list to fill the remaining spots but if those contacted do not complete registration within their window of opportunity we will contact the next set of players on the wait list.
                                PDGA #25296
                                Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X