X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninkasi Winter Series #4 ~~Dexter Inversion~~ 2/20/10

just thought i would get this thread up there.

!kraP etatS retxeD ta dleh eb lliw seires isakniN tsal ehT/The last Ninkasi series will be held at Dexter State Park!

this will be the second year in a row we have held this tournament, and for those of you that were there last year, you know what to expect. Dexter in reverse...

more info soon...
    Last edited by Dr. Zaius; February 8th, 2010, 09:49 PM.
    May the wind be in your favor...

OMG!! . . . Shiverin' with anticipation . . . seriously, man . . . Us Southern Oregon peeps have speculated about the actual layout, but, hmmmmm, I can't wait to see and play with all speculations aside . . .

-Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

dang, i was hoping to get to play in this. to bad the date conflicts with our trip to the gentelmans club challenge am weekend.

oh well, at least i will be in vegas getting wasted. HA!

good luck devin

Comment

Awesome! Les Claypool is performing at the McDonald Theater that night (02/20). I have a feeling it's gonna be a long fun filled day!

Comment

Originally posted by sodrifter View Post
          dang, i was hoping to get to play in this. to bad the date conflicts with our trip to the gentelmans club challenge am weekend.

oh well, at least i will be in vegas getting wasted. HA!

good luck devin
          thanks! good luck to you as well. Thats sweet your making the trip. Kick some tail for Oregon
          -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

Look forward to it.

Ryan
            =====================
            http://www.Hazardiscs.com
            =====================

Comment

I remember one hole in particular from last year's Inversion.

You stand near the short position on hole three and play back to the basket on two. Which means that you have to throw between the guardian trees and land your disc on or past three's tee-pad.

A very scary shot since you're trying to land on a well-guarded shelf and anything to the left or right or too short means you're headed for a four (at least).

Playing back up the fairway on five posed a similar challenge. The trees defining the fairway near the tee become even more problematic when they define the only realistic path to the basket.

If you want to play, get there early. This final Ninkasi will fill.

Comment

I parked three to two with a turn over forehand last year and still think of it as one of the best shots I threw all year.

Comment

Do you utilize the cement tees during the Dexter Inversion IPA?

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
                    Do you utilize the cement tees during the Dexter Inversion IPA?
                    Some, but generally no. Some of the baskets are on teepads as we are playing the course more or less backwards.

Comment

Dr Z.
                      I am willing to offer my Mach Lite basket for the tourney (don't want any more chain outs on crappy baskets!) if you need it. Can't wait for this one....was a blast last year.

Comment

I can bring my white Tirnanog and my Innova ProCatcher . . . how many baskets are needed?

-Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

we will need somewhere around 10 - 12 baskets. derek if you can bring those two, that would be great. other than that, i think our club can provide the others...

as matt said, we do not generally throw from any teepads. if anything, we are throwing either to baskets on teepads, or the previous holes basket past the teepad.

once again, we will have food (thanks gene), and a whole bunch of swag that we need to get rid of. we received a new batch of discs (thanks pure disc golf) and another run of different colored shirts for scip. i am going to add 4 holes for a total of 22 holes to accommodate 100 people (or 3 ghost groups). we will most certainly cap it at that to make sure we get done in time...

the first 84 people over the age of 21 will receive a free ninkasi 22, 1 time. thanks ninkasi!
                          May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                            we will need somewhere around 10 - 12 baskets. derek if you can bring those two, that would be great. other than that, i think our club can provide the others...

Consider it done . . . See ya there . . . Dexter Inversion Saturday, Wildlife Safari Sunday . . . this is gonna be a VERY long weekend!

-Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

Originally posted by chainsmasher View Post
                              Dr Z.
                              I am willing to offer my Mach Lite basket for the tourney (don't want any more chain outs on crappy baskets!) if you need it. Can't wait for this one....was a blast last year.
                              I don't understand that post. Now if it had read:

I am willing to offer my Discatcher Pro basket for the tourney (don't want any more chain outs on crappy baskets!)

or

I am willing to offer my Mach III basket for the tourney (don't want any more chain outs on crappy baskets!)

then I would understand it.
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X