Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sows # 8 > safari 2/20-21/10

Feb. 20 & 21, 2010
    Wildlife Safari, Winston, Or.
    Here we go with the first of the 2 day split division format.
    All amateur and advanced players will play on Sat. and all the pros on Sunday.
    Tee times for both days is 9:00am.
    Camping will be available for Friday and Saturday nights.
    There are $10 spaces and $12 for full RV hookups (water, elec.)
    There will be hot food available both days.

Things to expect if you dare to play in this gig.
    A physical workout
    No flat holes
    Lots of poison oak
    Some mushy tees (we're working on some of them)
    Some water OB
    Some road OB
    A few 600' plus holes
    Chances of very many pros (if any) ending up par after 2 rounds

Things you'll miss if the above sounds like more than you want to endure.
    Lions roaring while you nail your putt
    Hyenas laughing when you chunder
    A few 600' plus holes
    Some brand new holes
    Beautiful views no matter what
    The whole experience
    Last edited by Flatroc; February 7th, 2010, 06:27 AM.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

lions and tigers and bears oh my!

I hope my 1st post hasn't scared anyone away that thought they might attend.
    It's sort of a diamond in the rough at this point, with a very good chance of 1, 2 maybe even 3 permanent course's going in.
    This is truly one of the most unique disc golfing experiences around.
    Lots of prizes for Am day and possibly some added dinero for Pro day.
    There will also be a raffle to try and raise funds for the Safari.
    SOWS golfers have raised $200 so far.
    Whoever has the most throws decide's which animal/department the funds go to.
    Unless it dries up a bit, camping on site may NOT be an option.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

I heard a rumor that ams and adv. golfers can play both days, if they want to pay pro entry on pro day? Would be a good lesson for any golfers that want to see what the competition is like. The course is going to be best in the 4 years I've been playing this event! Hope to see a lot of you north state golfers. I understand if the chance of getting eaten by a lion or gourd by a rhino would scare you off not to mention, some of the hardest golf shots or course walking, or natural tee pads you will ever play. Some of the views we will see out does whistlers, just something about tee off and seeing a lion, or elk, or rhino, etc.
      Last edited by putter anonymous; February 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM. Reason: for got something
      My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

Now Brant don't pick on the golfers from north of us. I know most of them are spoiled and soft, some of them are pretty good.

Comment

Come all ye who dare. I just got word back that the winner in advanced today shot 128 for two rounds! Thats 20 over par! This course is playin very tough so lets see if anyone can break par tomorrow on the pro day. See ya there bright and early. nothin like playin a course where the air horn is followed by a lions roar!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X