Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it time for a come back? I've won this baby 3 times, twice with Embree, once with Mike Brown after being 7 back going into last round, sorry JD Lee ....Haven't been to a Yose event in a while though....Seems it may be time to talk up a partner somewhere...

I LOVE WHISTLERS!! Went there last week with Leland with weather in the mid 60's......Nice new pin locations fellas. Keep them coming. How about a new Tee-Pad on #16 that hugs the tree-line for a massive turnover shot???
    Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Drew..

im still lookin for someone drew since nick holcomb is not gonna play, let me know, im trying to find someone that i can have a shot at winning with.

Scott Withers
      Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
      Is it time for a come back? I've won this baby 3 times, twice with Embree, once with Mike Brown after being 7 back going into last round, sorry JD Lee ....Haven't been to a Yose event in a while though....Seems it may be time to talk up a partner somewhere...

I LOVE WHISTLERS!! Went there last week with Leland with weather in the mid 60's......Nice new pin locations fellas. Keep them coming. How about a new Tee-Pad on #16 that hugs the tree-line for a massive turnover shot???

Comment

Hey Scott,

Doesn't you being on the team put a damper on the whole winning principle....LOL

Just kidding man, it was good playin with you at Safari

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
          Registration info will be posted soon.
          Now you ask ...how long is soon?
          Hopefully by the end of next week.
          Bumpage....
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            Bumpage....
            Sure...bump the thread...does that mean we actually get to play this tourney this year?

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

should I stay or should I go?

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
              Sure...bump the thread...does that mean we actually get to play this tourney this year?

I sure hope you fellers get to play this year.
              Actually you were signed up to play last year.
              We have a special waiting list just for no show/no call peeps.
              FYI we may still NOT have an advanced masters division.
              Gawain, I know how sensitive this is to you, but just so you know, I'm approaching the SR GR Masters age and I still have to compete with/donate to the younger 'puppy' masters.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              - Anonymous

Comment

We have a special waiting list just for no show/no call peeps.
                The deep depression from NOT being able to play last year was all that I could stand. G was supposed to call...
                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

hole 10 @ WB

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                  The deep depression from NOT being able to play last year was all that I could stand. G was supposed to call...
                  I could only imagine the blues a feller would have for missin' this one.
                  No biggie on the no call, we always need a group to start on tee 14.
                  I figured he was just pissed because of the division thing, or maybe it was the slug mail registration, no wait... that was you.
                  Heck, IMO anyone who packed a basket to this gig for as many years as G did should get an automatic spot.
                  I hope to see you two there.
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

WBDS sign-ups?

Looking forward to WBDS.
                    I'm nervous about sign-up though.

Are mail-in's being accepted?

Address?

thanks,
                    Jay

Comment

limited fields

Whistlers Bend Doubles Shootout will be held on June 11, 12, & 13, 2010.
                      This event will be limited to 192 golfers.
                      Each flight will be limited to 48 teams.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

I'm really excited to play this one... I've only played WB once(tourney a few years back), and it was a ton of fun cruising down there with a bunch of friends in Jeff Elliot's RV, but this time I'm coming with a better set of clubs, greater skills, a bigger satchel... and a doubles partner!! BOOYA!!

I've got a few questions:

Should I bring a tube for floating the river, or are they easy to obtain in town?
                        Is it too late to look into a good private camping spot at the end, or a yurt? Who's got an RV they want to rent for the weekend?
                        Are there electrical outlets in the group camping area? I'm assuming the showers will be available...
                        Who's down for a croquet tourney on the side? Any chance of getting my nice croquet mallets back... they were picked up by the 'food pimp' a few years back-- someone mentioned that they still might be around...
                        thanks either way,
                        Toby
                        Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; April 25th, 2010, 10:27 AM.
                        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

answers

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                          I'm really excited to play this one... I've only played WB once(tourney a few years back), and it was a ton of fun cruising down there with a bunch of friends in Jeff Elliot's RV, but this time I'm coming with a better set of clubs, greater skills, a bigger satchel... and a doubles partner!! BOOYA!!

I've got a few questions:

Should I bring a tube for floating the river, YES or are they easy to obtain in town?
                          Is it too late to look into a good private camping spot at the end, or a yurt?
                          River campground is 1st come 1st serve. Yurts are prolly taken. (TL)
                          You can call 541 440 4500 to check on yurts.

Who's got an RV they want to rent for the weekend?
                          Are there electrical outlets in the group camping area? NO I'm assuming the showers will be available... YES....
                          Who's down for a croquet tourney on the side? Any chance of getting my nice croquet mallets back... they were picked up by the 'food pimp' a few years back-- someone mentioned that they still might be around...
                          thanks either way,
                          I think the Food Pimp feller is from PDX.
                          Toby
                          I hope this helped ya.
                          Yose
                          - Anonymous

Comment

I checked on Yurts yesterday . . . they are both taken

-Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                              Should I bring a tube for floating the river
                              The water WILL be be VERY cold this time of the year

Float away.....and turn a nice shade of blue while your at it...

Comment

Kinda off topic but...the Doubles Shootout will be my first time playing at Whistler's Bend and I want to bring my dog. Will I get yelled at if he's on the course with me? (he golfs with me as much as possible & has very good eitquette)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X