Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds to me like Will was playing in the right place. It's a moot point, however. After the next ratings come out he should be ~907, and not eligible to play MA3.

Comment

It seems funny that at first there was complaining about people NOT signing up for AM3, But then there is complaining about WHO ended up winning??

It brings up the issue of WHERE a non-member should be allowed to play.
      NEXT year that problem will go away, with a new "membership" plan that Cris Belliger proposed to the PDGA at the last summit meeting.

ALL players will become "members" by paying the "temp fee".
      They will be given a number AND have ratings tracked but this info WILL NOT be posted unless the player is an "Active" member (pays yearly dues)
      ALL this info will be avail. to the TD so that Non-members can be tracked better AND placed in the divisions that they are allowed to play in.

This is a good trend as MOST orgs have a Membership list AND an "Active" membership list. By giving EVERYBODY a number it will increase the rosters of the PDGA membership, which in turn looks better when going for corperate sponsorships.

Comment

Im not complaining at all about who won MA3. He beat me fairly. From playing with him at our local courses, I knew he shoul have been in MA2, but it was his first PDGA event and on courses he has never played before. He whooped on us, but once he gets his PDGA membership and a rating, he will most likely not be eligible anymore for MA3.
        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
          Im not complaining at all about who won MA3. He beat me fairly. From playing with him at our local courses, I knew he shoul have been in MA2, but it was his first PDGA event and on courses he has never played before. He whooped on us, but once he gets his PDGA membership and a rating, he will most likely not be eligible anymore for MA3.
          I contend that Will was playing right where he belonged: At the top of MA3.
          As I understand, Kent played him pretty close. The only reason he beat up on you is because you are technically a MA4 player, playing up. (Ratings based, and I admit - just barely).

Comment

yeah technically I am an MA4 rated player, an yeah he did beat up on me and Bob pretty good. after the first round I was within 5 strokes, no biggie, I had a chance to comeback. The 2nd round wasnt pretty after somehow twisting my ankle right before the round. it was my planting foot, so I was screwed for that round and my chances shot. 1 night, 3 Vicodins, and many beers later, I picked up 9 strokes on my previous round, so overall I feel good with my weekend.
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

And that is the most important part...
              Frankly in the last year I've learned to care way less about how everyone else is doing and just try to play my best.

How many times have we all fallen into this trap... oh man there is some guy on my card who is lighting me up... so I make some really stupid "aggressive" plays to try to catch up... three more bogies and I drop three cards because I was trying to play someone else's round and ignoring my own.

Barry Shultz's advise... practice until your average is better then everyone else's best... I'm not there yet so I don't expect to win... Sure there are those that need the ego massage of winning or "competeing" (didn't we all pay the same entry?)... but they are baggers and if you understand the origin of the term sandbagger you will see that really they are just slowing themselves down. Divisions are good because it helps us to play with people who are about equal to us... But if you want to win stop worrying about who is and who is not playing in your division and try to throw fewer shots on the golf course!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X