X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe too early to ask but...

Who is moving up (or down) to a new division next year? Why? Why not?

Let's hear boys...
    Who are you calling out?
    Who has your knees shaking?
    Which division is going to be the giant next year?

Me... I'm a pro now so there is nowhere to go and aside from a few annoyingly pouty golfers I'm really loving it... The golf is good... the pace is good... the people are good... and you can't call yourself a champion unless you are playing with the best...

Well I'm a movin' on up.....
    to the top (half in hopefully an event or two)
    to the deluxe division
    with those guys....

And then, since I'll be 40 next year, if I get my hat absolutely handed to me all year long I will switch to Masters in 2010 and try to take down Hagerty nad Magilla

Comment

Staying put one more year. Perhaps AM worlds next summer.
      Then AM worlds in 2010... Masters' divison for me, thanks.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

WOX was my last tourney as an am. kinda sad really. i'm going to miss coming home with a stack of plastic after every tourney. i finished relatively strong though. after a brutal hangover saturday morning and a +3 at willamette, i managed to shoot -6 and -2 at adair and a somewhat strong finish in the final 9.
        pro field here i come.
        May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Aw, Will... you can spend the cash you win on plastic and still go home with a stack...

See you eventually...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

you can run, sam, but you can't hide.

your cubs on the other hand...
            May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

I won't be moving up any time soon. I have had my ass handed to me one to many times in MA1. And I am still trophy less in Advanced with a rating of 934. My goal is win Pro Worlds 2011 in Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                you can run, sam, but you can't hide.

your cubs on the other hand...
                Brother, please... It's Turner that's the Cubs' fan. It's my Dodgers that are handing them their hats - in Chicago.
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I think I'm retiring for 2 years.. then back to intermediate.
                  Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Originally posted by larsonjeff View Post
                    I think I'm retiring for 2 years.. then back to intermediate.
                    I'm going to spend the next two years lobbying the PDGA to create a No-Breeze rule in AM2 to prevent that from happening.

Either that, or I could just spend the next two years actually improving and be out of AM2 by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      I'm going to spend the next two years lobbying the PDGA to create a No-Breeze rule in AM2 to prevent that from happening.

Either that, or I could just spend the next two years actually improving and be out of AM2 by then.
                      I'm spending the next 2 years retro-fitting my garage to manufacture new Breezes with the Breeze molds I just bought from Discraft.
                      Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

I'm dropping down to MA3 next year...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                          I'm dropping down to MA3 next year...
                          Because all of the participants in this division at the most recent event schooled many of the MA2 players, my guess is that there will be a new interest in participating in MA3.
                          While we appreciate your enthusiasm about dropping DOWN to MA3, we will be reviewing applications for the MA3 division and a person's entrance to the division will be based on a stict set of criteria that we reserve the right to change anytime and at will. One of the main criteria will be the following : Article A: At no time will any applicant be eligible to play MA3 if they have EVER been given the opportunity to play MA3 but passed on it to play outside of their rating and got their tails handed to them by the players who were playing according to their appropriate ratings. OR, if that applicant has EVER publicly on any forum stated that they will be playing up to the next division because they are too skilled to play MA3 but their rating doesn't reflect their obvious talent. again, please submit your application, cross your fingers, and hope you will be allowed to play in MA3.

Oh yeah, really there is only one rule, You have to be an incurable smart ass with a strong sense of humor, and just looking to have some fun while trying to throw plastic stuff. Please know I am just kidding and look forward to seeing this division prosper as it should be the incubator for MA2 and MA1 divisions.

I was talking with Jay Wood yesterday and he said that the MA3 division in a tournament he played this summer was totally packed! That is where the growth of the sport will come from.
                          Training to be a bagger

Comment

Speaking of Jay Wood... He needs to step up to advanced soon! 55 and 55 at Hab/ Rec through the rain?!?! That's crazy good for an intermediate player in those conditions!

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                              One of the main criteria will be the following : Article A: At no time will any applicant be eligible to play MA3 if they have EVER been given the opportunity to play MA3 but passed on it to play outside of their rating and got their tails handed to them by the players who were playing according to their appropriate ratings. OR, if that applicant has EVER publicly on any forum stated that they will be playing up to the next division because they are too skilled to play MA3 but their rating doesn't reflect their obvious talent.
                              Also known as the Darr provision.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X