X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOX - Predictions

Wow did I catch a rash of crap from my last predictions... even though I was right. Anyway... no guts no glory, right?

Open - Nate Sexton. Betting against this guy at Willamette and Adair is not bright.

Open Women - Teresa Bellinger.

Open Masters - Redfern. I think this one is his.

Advanced - ME! I WANNA WIN! (But seriously... I think Mittl and Yanoch are the ones to watch here, obviously.)

Advanced Women - Sadly, Jamie cannot compete to kick ass. She hurt her ankle again and will have to drop out. I say Vieve wins this one again.

Advanced Masters - 1-6-3. 1-6-3.

Advanced Grandmasters (what a field!) - Brad Huggins will win this one running away.

Intermediate - CRAWDAD! And if not Crawdad, Hanley-bagger.

Intermediate Women - Smashley Peterson
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Wow did I catch a rash of crap from my last predictions... even though I was right. Anyway... no guts no glory, right?

Open - Nate Sexton. Betting against this guy at Willamette and Adair is not bright.

Open Women - Teresa Bellinger.

Advanced - ME! I WANNA WIN! (But seriously... I think Mittl and Yanoch are the ones to watch here, obviously.)

Advanced Women - Sadly, Jamie cannot compete to kick ass. She hurt her ankle again and will have to drop out. I say Vieve wins this one again.

Advanced Masters - 1-6-3. 1-6-3.

Advanced Grandmasters (what a field!) - Brad Huggins will win this one running away.

Intermediate - CRAWDAD! And if not Crawdad, Hanley-bagger.

Intermediate Women - Smashley Peterson
    It almost feels like you left MA3 out of your predictions on purpose there Sammy. I am not taking it personally. Will is my bet. Although I have been working my butt off to be in a position to whoop him.
    Training to be a bagger

Comment

At least 2 of us will have to disagree.....probably more..

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
        It almost feels like you left MA3 out of your predictions on purpose there Sammy. I am not taking it personally. Will is my bet. Although I have been working my butt off to be in a position to whoop him.

Everybody knows MA3 isn't a real division, you bagger!

My money is on SMO. Go get 'em, bro...

Comment

It almost feels like you left MA3 out of your predictions on purpose there Sammy. I am not taking it personally
          Almost... but you are right to not take it personally. I've tried to be quiet because someone said that I should do that if I don't have anything nice to say. Feh...

Dude... you shot -18 at Orchard for 18 holes and have been playing for more than two years. I don't think that that you are doing yourself a service playing down. My $.02...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
            At least 2 of us will have to disagree.....probably more..
            Heehee... that was a lot nicer than what SOMEONE said to me regarding my Eugene predictions...
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Everybody knows MA3 isn't a real division, you bagger!

My money is on SMO. Go get 'em, bro...
              You bastage! get out of my head! I know you too well.
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Almost... but you are right to not take it personally. I've tried to be quiet because someone said that I should do that if I don't have anything nice to say. Feh...

Dude... you shot -18 at Orchard for 18 holes and have been playing for more than two years. I don't think that that you are doing yourself a service playing down. My $.02...
                It would seem like that on paper but for some reason I can not get out of the cellar in MA2. So, If the PDGA is going to create a division for guys that play events as poorly as me, why wouldn't it make sense for me to be in that division. There are at least 10 other MA2 players that should be playing with MA3 this weekend, but for their own reasons are not. I am tired of trying to convince myself that I should be in the top 15 in MA2 when I just chunder and end up PO'd about ending up at the bottom. Plus, the poor bastages on my card in MA2 must get tired of watching me explode. It is only fair to give some other guys the benefit of watching that in person. MA3 is the right division for my rating and the right choice for me this weekend. It will be very competitive and a killer time. Just wish some of the other chunder prone MA2 players could recognize the benefit of building an appropriate division. Believe me, if they are reading this, they know who they are.

Oh and as for Orchard, I was along for the ride on that one. I had never even been close to that, ever. Let's give credit where credit is due. You are seriously ready for a breakout tourney. I look forward to seeing you play the final 9. go get em you long haired hippy freak
                Training to be a bagger

Comment

Sure hope all the competition doesn't:

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post

Sure hope all the competition doesn't:

Bob
                    Dude, are you as freaking stoked as me or what? This is going to be so fun. It is going to be a weekend of hanging with the brothers and sisters and having a blast. I am not going to even sleep between now and doubles on Friday. Let's freakin rock! Thanks for suporting the MA3 division. I have already heard how bummed a couple of guys are that they aren't going to be hanging with the proper gents this weekend. Cheers to you.
                    Training to be a bagger

Comment

It would seem like that on paper but for some reason I can not get out of the cellar in MA2. So, If the PDGA is going to create a division for guys that play events as poorly as me, why wouldn't it make sense for me to be in that division. There are at least 10 other MA2 players that should be playing with MA3 this weekend, but for their own reasons are not. I am tired of trying to convince myself that I should be in the top 15 in MA2 when I just chunder and end up PO'd about ending up at the bottom. Plus, the poor bastages on my card in MA2 must get tired of watching me explode. It is only fair to give some other guys the benefit of watching that in person. MA3 is the right division for my rating and the right choice for me this weekend. It will be very competitive and a killer time. Just wish some of the other chunder prone MA2 players could recognize the benefit of building an appropriate division. Believe me, if they are reading this, they know who they are.
                      I guess it comes down to agreeing with the PDGA decision to go to four amateur divisions or not. I, for one, disagree with them and think that - while it was a good idea for them - it doesn't encourage people to get better, in my opinion. It just encourages people to get trophies. Anyway, I am glad that you are not doing it for the trophy reason.

Oh and as for Orchard, I was along for the ride on that one. I had never even been close to that, ever. Let's give credit where credit is due. You are seriously ready for a breakout tourney. I look forward to seeing you play the final 9. go get em you long haired hippy freak
                      I appreciate the kind words and would love to be there.... just going to play smart (and practice putting a lot between now and then).

And you were with me stroke for stroke at Orchard, Kent. Stop selling yourself short. I shot -12 with Gilmore and -13 or -14 with Larson. It was only when I got a top-notch partner did I win.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

oh you two, get a room already
                        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                          oh you two, get a room already

Ok, I re-read the blog and you are right, we should probably butch this up a little.
                          Training to be a bagger

Comment

I don't think that that you are doing yourself a service playing down. My $.02...
                            Well, he's not. He's playing exactly where the PDGA says he belongs. Approximately half of every AM2 field (in ORS events) are actually playing up, which is why it's the same five guys competing for the top every time.

Comment

Originally posted by mikestorrs View Post
                              Everyone that I emailed about playing MA3 has either not replied or have said they want to stay. I really hope people don't start jumping all over from one division to another.
                              If Mike doesn't I plan on playing Intermediate. That still leaves four of you so I don't think there should be a problem. I think it would be cool to play with you guys but I definitely have the potential to do well if not win Intermediate. I think I've had thirty something rated rounds and played well above my rating a handful of times (2 961's ). It's really just a question of relaxing and putting 3 together (you'll notice my shake out the Ya Yas on every tee this weekend
                              I'm not saying I'll crush REC, I'm just saying I like my chances against the Baggers.

Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X