X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSF...How fast will it fill?

Is it too early to start taking bets on how fast the Beaver State Fling will fill this year? Can we take down the whole darn interweb? Will it even fill?

What do you think?

1: 1-2 hours
    2: 2-3 hours
    3: 3-5 hours
    4: 8-12 hours
    5: 24 hours
    6: What's the Beaver State Fling?

Bob

I will guess 3-5 hours.

I can't wait to help out with this. When does registration open?
    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
      I will guess 3-5 hours.

There is no date set yet, but expect it to be approximately 2 months before the event. I really don't think it can fill any faster than last year, but then again, who knows.

Bob

Comment

What is the "Beaver State Fling"?
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
          What is the "Beaver State Fling"?
          you are joking right?
          Throw What You Know.
          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
          PDGA# 45989

Comment

It's a government-sanctioned one-night stand with a semi-aquatic rodent.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Like those you see at Trojan?
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                I will guess 3-5 hours.

I'm just glad I'm not playing and have to worry about whether I can in or not.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                  I'm just glad I'm not playing and have to worry about whether I can in or not.

Bob
                  I might try and play this year... thoughts??
                  Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                  Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

playyyyyyy.... hey, maybe you could take early bird registration for an extra $10 per entry, good fundraiser there, 100 people register before the actual start of registration and you got 1k added cash to pro purse heh... and anyone's excuse for not registering and playing should be that it filled up before you could enter your credit card info in the first hour...

Comment

I like the idea of qualifiers. Dion rocked that last year.

I also like the idea of a lottery to get in. If you aren't drawn this year then you automatically get a spot the following year. If you don't get drawn, then you come volunteer.

"My way is very spotsmanlike"
                      Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post

I also like the idea of a lottery to get in. If you aren't drawn this year then you automatically get a spot the following year. If you don't get drawn, then you come volunteer.

I think that people who participated the previous year should have priority in registering..........but that could be because I did get in last year!

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post

Qualifiers!

Comment

Qualifiers, been saying it for years. More people, more money, more everything including volunteers.

Comment

I like all of your ideas but as you can see everyone has a different way to resolve the issue. That fact is that the sport it growing by a large number and the number of interested tournament players is increasing in proportion to the growth so to eliminate all those players by allowing last year participant to play seems unfair.

Qualifying is great but it eliminates the ability of people from other areas of the country to compete, after all this is an a A-tier which is the highest caliber event for Amateurs outside of majors. We want to bring in great players from other areas to allow some level of comparison of ratings between different regions of the country.

If anyone would really like to propose a legitimate solution to the problem that does not substantially increase the work load of the event for Jeff, myself or our volunteers I am ready to sit down and discuss it. Trust me when I say I would like make it bigger but not at the risk of reducing the quality of the event.
                              PDGA #25296
                              Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X