Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one idea. Only let people who have a pro membership with the PDGA register for the pro side of the BSF. Is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
      I have one idea. Only let people who have a pro membership with the PDGA register for the pro side of the BSF. Is that possible?
      Wouldn't that cause the AM side to fill faster? Last year the AM side filled much faster. I think it was about six hours, opposed to approximately 48 hours for the pro side.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Wouldn't that cause the AM side to fill faster? Last year the AM side filled much faster. I think it was about six hours, opposed to approximately 48 hours for the pro side.
        I don't see how the AM side would fill any faster due to that stipulation. I do see how more top pro's would be able to get in though since an AM wouldn't be taking their spot.

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
          I don't see how the AM side would fill any faster due to that stipulation. I do see how more top pro's would be able to get in though since an AM wouldn't be taking their spot.
          If an AM can't sign up in the Pro division, wouldn't they just sign up for the AM division instead, causing it to fill faster?

Comment

I like the idea of limiting the pro registration to people that have joined the PDGA membership as "Pro" though perhaps limit that stipulation to a week or perhaps two. I am not sure that would really help based on how fast it filled last year, but it may give more "Pro's" from across the country chance to compete as well. Just a thought anyways.

Comment

Not a perfect solution, but one thing you could try that might help would be to have a few stages of registration, say 50 spots at a time or so. I was able to get in last year, but I know a lot of people complained that by the time they were home from work and able to use the internet, it'd already filled. If you could stagger the times that the stages would open up, that'd be more fair for everyone.
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

• Qualifiers would eliminate some players from other areas.
                • Online registration at 9am would eliminate people that don't have access to the internet at that hour.
                • A golden ticket eliminates people that aren't very lucky.

The best solution is going to be a combination of solutions.

Here's one more, go to 5 BSF work parties and earn pre registration.
                • Work party pre registration eliminates lazy people and people that work on the weekends.

Comment

A lottery sytem with current PDGA members only would be another way to do it. Those who don't make it in this year would have double the chance next year by the TD's providing an additional lottery credit for those who could not get in. I know that this is a "Local" but it is also a National event where demand has exceeded capacity. The most likely option may be going with Am and Pro on different weekends in the future.
                  Training to be a bagger

Comment

If there was a way to increase the number of women in each division I think that would be awesome. In the FM1 division there were only 5. It would be awesome if it could get to at least 8 this year. I know there are that many FM1s at least just in the Pacific NW alone. In FW1 there were 12, and for sure I think that division has the potential to go to 16 or 20. Can you imagine 4 or 5 full cards of FW1 women that would be freakin awesome. In the Hope Open we held spots for women until at certain date to try to increase the number of women participating. We ended up with 24, which for a C tier in fall was pretty darn good. That is over 38% women as compared to the 2009 BSF with about 13% am women. Anyway I am just putting some thoughts out there. I will hopefully be able to get in, and hopefully enough other women will get in too.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post
                      • Online registration at 9am would eliminate people that don't have access to the internet at that hour.

• Work party pre registration eliminates lazy people and people that work on the weekends.
                      Who said the work parties were on the weekends?
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

Comment

What about makeing it a two weekend event????

Comment

supply and demand says to charge more...
                          www.soulpancake.com
                          www.bahai.org
                          http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Auctioning off the last few spots in each division could be a huge fundraiser. I like Tim's idea of staggering the online registration-- it'd be hard to argue against it being more fair. I plan on being at the ready, with mouse in hand... may the power of FIOS be with me.
                            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I had somebody offer me $400 for my spot last year!
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post

While a noble suggestion . . . the work party concept doesn't really seem fair given that would eliminate your personal chances not once, but twice Dan.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X