University of Oregon DGC doubles event at cottage grove feb 14th Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Oregon DGC doubles event at cottage grove feb 14th

First of all, i have to say we are waiting to hear back from city about using cottage grove course, but assuming we can...

University of Oregon Disc Golf Club will be hosting a bring-your-own-partner doubles event on valentines day! Sunday Feb 14th!

We are having a special bring your own partner doubles tournament with 2 divisions. The “Romance” division is for all pairs NOT consisting of 2 males, so it is designed for the men to bring their wives/a female partner out for a fun filled day of disc golf. The “Bromance” division is for teams consisting of 2 male players.
    We are planning on playing two rounds of 18 holes. First round is best-shot doubles while the second round is alternate-shot doubles.
    Cost (per team): $20 “Romance”/$25 “Bromance”

There will be prizes for both divisions! All tournament proceeds will go to the University of Oregon Disc Golf Club and will be used towards travel expenses during the 2009-2010 season. The team took 8th place at the National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships last year and we hope to get back there this year and improve, but we cannot do it without your support. So come play in the campus tournament, and help support a good cause!

My wife and I are in! Nice way to spend Valentines Day!

Bob

Comment

Dude... Anthony and I will represent in the Brosef division FO SHO! see ya there!

ouch. We might have a slight change of plans on this one. Anthony and I received an invite to play in the Bigfoot down in Aracata that weekend. Hrmm what to do.

Of course like 3 days after one of these tournies we are driving to Vegas... so... Maybe we should stay local... Heh answered my own question. LOL see ya there!
      Last edited by discgolforegon; January 16th, 2010, 05:51 AM.
      http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

I told my girlfriend about this and she agreed to come and play. This will be her first disc golf tournament.

Comment

awesomeeee!

we are trying to get the majority of prizes be gift certificates to restaurants, got a month to work on that

hope to see you all there!

Comment

just herd back from the city and they approved out event request, so the tournament is official now

Comment

Event Title and Am/Pro "Romance" Division split??

My wife and I are very entertained at the prospect of this event, being that I have personally discussed throwing a similar event in the past couple of years, referring to the idea as, "CUPID"S OPEN" and with only male/female teams. The U of O DG Club event idea with bromance and romance divisions is WAY COOLER, 'cept the posted name "University of Oregon DGC doubles event at cottage grove feb 14th" I dug around online, and as far as I can tell, the event name, "CUPID'S OPEN" is unused in the disc golf world. I would be honored and humbled if the U of O DG Club wanted to use the name, "CUPID'S OPEN" this year and henceforth . . .

Sunday, February 14th, 1st Annual Cupid's Open, Cottage Grove DGC, another sweet event ran by and supporting the University of Oregon Disc Golf Club . . .

Just a thought . . .

Thought/Question #2: My wife is a little nervous about competing against other male/female teams being that she is not very experienced (probably thrown less than 500 drives in the last year and a half since I talked her into playing) I explained to her that it was for a good cause, reassuring her with the fact that she will get to hang out with me ALL DAY at a disc golf tournament I'm not exactly a PRO either So the question at hand is, "With enough entries, would the U of O DG Cub be willing to split fields within one or both of the aforementioned divisions of "Bromance" and "Romance"

We will probably be coming either way, but just hoping to calm her nerves a little bit.

-Derek
              www.discgolforegon.com

P.S. Need any help and/or contributions for prizes and/or sponsors from the "south of Eugene" area ? ? ? Let me know . . .

Comment

Originally posted by DiscGolfOregon3 View Post
                My wife and I are very entertained at the prospect of this event,

Thought/Question #2: My wife is a little nervous about competing against other male/female teams being that she is not very experienced (probably thrown less than 500 drives in the last year and a half since I talked her into playing) .
                Derek, my wife is far from a pro also and will be coming as my partner. Tell your wife, nothing to worry about.

Bob

Comment

wifemate

laugh . . . will do!

-Derek

Comment

i will bring this all up at out meeting tuesday night!
                    Thanks for everyones input

Comment

everything is staying as planned.
                      It is not likely that this will be an annual event, so we dont want to go with the 1st annual cupids open title.

As for the divisions, most of us college kids are bringing girls who have never played before or who have never played a tournament/never played a round and kept score..ect so we are expecting most women to be complete beginners
                      We hope the Alternate shot round will even the results out a bit because teams will have to rely on both partners and not just one.

Any more questions, let me know.
                      Thanks

Comment

My wife and I are way excited; this will be the most female disc golfers in one place that she has ever seen!

I'm curious what "bromance" teams are brewing ? ? ? Just wondering . . .

Don't want to make it annual, eh? Bummer, this sounds like a fun event that could be ran every year to raise funds for the U of O Disc Golf Club . . . and I get to play dg on Valentine's Day with my wife's permission

Let us at DiscGolfOregon know if there is anything we can do or bring to help out, bro. Have you retained any sponsors for prizes and such?? Lemme know; I'm pretty good at pulling in last minute sponsors.

Thanks for throwing this event; I'm getting excited

-Derek
                        www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                          Derek, my wife is far from a pro also and will be coming as my partner. Tell your wife, nothing to worry about.

Bob
                          My girlfriend Brianna and I are super pros!!! Tell your wives to start worrying!!!!

P.S. Not sure if we can come or not but it is a great idea for a tournament.
                          Innova Champion Discs
                          Discmania
                          huk lab
                          Keen Footwear
                          Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                          Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                          Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

of course we could always use more sponsors, i walked around downtown eugene for a few hours a few days have gotten enough to payout 4 or 5 groups but mostly i am waiting to hear back from businesses that i sent or dropped off official sponsorship request letters.
                            who knows who will throw them away and who will actually contact me willing to help

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
                              My girlfriend Brianna and I are super pros!!! Tell your wives to start worrying!!!!

P.S. Not sure if we can come or not but it is a great idea for a tournament.

Laugh . . . no kidding; I remember Brianna kickin' my butt during my first 2008 EDGC Dexter handicap appearance . . . Ha Ha I hope you guys can make it, though

-Derek
                              www.DiscGolfOregon.com

P.S. I got my wife practicin' her puttin' . . . watch out . . . one of us needs to know how to putt

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X