Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just in... Roseburg Hydroponics Just donated 100$ CASH to the Pro Purse. That means about 250$ total added cash for this event.

AND!!! We are still gonna raise about $300 for UCAN, and hopefully... 300lbs of food for FISH food Pantry.

SO STOKED! see everyone on sunday! or Saturday for the brave ones!
    http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Whoo HOO!!!

We have so much to give away!!! WOOT!!

Epic!

-Derek

Comment

Yayyyyyyy

My wife has two friends comin' with her Sunday (maybe 3)!

I'm hittin' the road. I look forward to seeing everyone there!!

Thanks for all the DGO support everybody!

Weather is lookin' pretty darn spiffy; come camp with us . . .

Campfire still provided . . .

-Derek

Comment

Is this as easy to find as it is being made to sound? Or should I search out detailed directions from exit 163?
          Boys! Boys! Nobody owns Cory and Trevor. -Bubbles

Comment

Originally posted by JK_Aviar View Post
            Is this as easy to find as it is being made to sound? Or should I search out detailed directions from exit 163?

get off at exit 163 and take a right on curtin park rd. you run right into it.
            May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

you showing up too Burr? Im so stoked and thanks for calling me a caveman....
              Boys! Boys! Nobody owns Cory and Trevor. -Bubbles

Comment

Originally posted by JK_Aviar View Post
                you showing up too Burr? Im so stoked and thanks for calling me a caveman....
                yeah i'll be there. it's too close and the weather will be too nice.
                we're all cavemen if you think about it.
                May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Thanks everybody for making the Pass Creek Ice Bowl a success!

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THAT SHOWED UP AND ENJOYED THE FESTIVITIES!!

We will give a final accounting of food and money raised; UCAN will weigh the food when we turn it in and we raised around $250 cash!

Thanks to all for the spoken praises of Pass Creek Park DGC's layout and natural beauty. I'm ecstatic that the Open division enjoyed the course so much. Most of the Ams enjoyed themselves, as well (usually directly relative to how much plastic they lost)

Thank you Jesse Seibel and Will Larson(?) for bringing the Golden Retrievers!

IMO, Pass Creek's inaugural was a hit!

Thanks again,
                  -Derek

Comment

Hey did anyone go in after all of the lost plastic? I lost a really sweet firebird in the water short of hole 9 and I would probably give a reward if it were returned safe.

Comment

Lost plastic at Pass Creek . . .

Hey there, Andy.

We will be scheduling work parties in the coming spring and/or earlier for course preparation and plastic removal. We'll keep ya posted.

-Derek

www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Pass Creek Ice Bowl was a blast! The staff did a great job, and the players were awesome! The course was gnarly, and a lot of fun. I am very glad we went to the Pass Creek Ice Bowl! I enjoyed the amenities like tee signs with distances (est.), CTP prizes, hot lunch, free beer (you heard me), lots of trophies, player packs, age- and gender-protected divisions, pro shop, videographers, camping with hot showers (Bob), water holes, OB strings, tee flags, good baskets (mostly full-weight and double-chain), and more!

Looking forward to:
                        * scores on line
                        * food donation total
                        * next year's event!

Thank you sponsors:
                        Roseburg Hydroponic
                        Lions Club
                        a local Beverage Distributor
                        many others (TD: please re-list)

Thank you staff and volunteers!
                        Thank you Disc Golf Oregon!
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                          Pass Creek Ice Bowl was a blast! The staff did a great job, and the players were awesome! The course was gnarly, and a lot of fun. I am very glad we went to the Pass Creek Ice Bowl! I enjoyed the amenities like tee signs with distances (est.), CTP prizes, hot lunch, free beer (you heard me), lots of trophies, player packs, age- and gender-protected divisions, pro shop, videographers, camping with hot showers (Bob), water holes, OB strings, tee flags, good baskets (mostly full-weight and double-chain), and more!

Looking forward to:
                          * scores on line
                          * food donation total
                          * next year's event!

Thank you sponsors:
                          Roseburg Hydroponic
                          Lions Club
                          a local Beverage Distributor
                          many others (TD: please re-list)

Thank you staff and volunteers!
                          Thank you Disc Golf Oregon!
                          I'll save a lot to typing because TreeLove just put my thoughts in to words. Thanks G!

Yep, what he said!

Bob

Comment

Results are Online.

Click Here for the Results

Final Numbers are as follows:

Total players: 50
                            Total Pro: 20
                            Total AM: 29
                            Total JR: 1

Lowest recorded 9 hole rounds:

Jesse Seibel and Andrew Rich - 22 Strokes Total 9 Length 2915 CURRENT COURSE RECORDS

Total Pro Payout: $420 + $100 added cash to top 4 Pro

Total trophies: 19

Total Food est: 200lbs

Total Cash Donated: $220

Total Discs Lost est: 60+

Total Sausages consumed: 72

A little recap from me, and thanks:

First off I want to thank everyone who showed up and braved a really TOUGH 9 hole layout at Pass Creek Park. The teepads were slick the water hazards a plenty. The weather held out with only Overcast skies. Not a real drop of rain until we started packing up.

I really had a good time TDing this event with my Co-TD's Derek Brown and Anthony Salee. I'm sure that I speak for them when I say next year will be bigger and badder. Hopefully on teepads with installed baskets! mmm sounds nice.

Secondly. Thanks goes out to all of our sponsors, without them the event would not have been such a success!

Roseburg Hydroponics - $100 Pro Cash
                            Pandoras Box - 2 / $25 Gift Certificates
                            Roseburg Lions Club / John Hughes - Provided Insurance
                            Zing Custom Flying Minis / Craig Myers - Sweet Deal on our custom minis
                            Western Beverage Company - Beer, and assorted Swag.
                            Staples - Sweet Laminated signs!!! Thanks again!
                            Pure Disc Golf / Andrew Rich - 2 Glow TL's and 1 Hotstamped VooDoo
                            State of Jefferson / Big Al Springer - 1 Glow CFR disc and 2 SOJ glass Bagtags
                            Rick Rothstein and the ICE BOWL Organizers, without Whom the Ice Bowl would never be.
                            Kristie Wilson and all of the Douglas County Parks Department, without whom Pass Creek Park DGC would have never been possible.
                            All of the other names im forgetting who helped setup and tear down... Thanks to everyone who brought baskets!!!
                            Thanks to the PARK HOST!!!

Thank you and good night. see ya next year... Sanctioned? Burgers?
                            http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Please note that Sam was not the biggest bagger at this tournament... the winner in Int AM would have been one stroke out of the cash in pro.

Pass Creek is in the running as the worlds best nine hole course! Think Trojan with a couple of big bomber hole thrown in the middle. Very challenging, especially #3 an island hole with water less than 20ft from the basket on two sides and #4, the bosses office, a 400ft straight gap with water and OB on both sides and within 20 ft to the right of the pin (I watched half of the lead card in pro lay this one up off of the tee, AWESOME).

Highlight of the day... Andrew Rich CTP'd a hole that I would guess measures out at over 500 ft... he threw a destroyer (i think) to about 8ft. WOW... Derek can you post the video?

Thanks again DGO... you guys continue to put on innovative quality events.

Comment

Pass Creek Park support

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                                Please note that Sam was not the biggest bagger at this tournament... the winner in Int AM would have been one stroke out of the cash in pro.

Pass Creek is in the running as the worlds best nine hole course! Think Trojan with a couple of big bomber hole thrown in the middle. Very challenging, especially #3 an island hole with water less than 20ft from the basket on two sides and #4, the bosses office, a 400ft straight gap with water and OB on both sides and within 20 ft to the right of the pin (I watched half of the lead card in pro lay this one up off of the tee, AWESOME).

Highlight of the day... Andrew Rich CTP'd a hole that I would guess measures out at over 500 ft... he threw a destroyer (i think) to about 8ft. WOW... Derek can you post the video?

Thanks again DGO... you guys continue to put on innovative quality events.
                                Thank you, so much for your kind words, Andy . . . I continued this subject/thread within the "new courses" area until Pass Creek DGC is added to the DG course list . . . Pass Creek Park DGC Final Layout

-Derek
                                www.discgolforegon.com
                                Last edited by DiscGolfOregon3; January 12th, 2010, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X