Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass Creek Ice Bowl 2010 Current Registrations

Click Here

Also... we have enough gear to outfit 40 AM's. And we have 100 Minis.

Also... lol sorry almost forgot. Gawain we are offering Free Entry for 15 and under with 3 cans of food i beleive. The kids get a disc and 2 minis.
    http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Only 2 divisions?

I read here: http://discgolforegon.com/index.php?...mart&Itemid=64 that:
      "This is to register for the AM side of the Pass Creek Ice Bowl. All AM's will receive a Pass Creek Ice Bowl AM players Pack, and will play for Trophies and Prizes.
      There will be an AM and ADV divisions with trophies for each division."

Then I read here: http://discgolforegon.com/index.php?...mart&Itemid=64 that:
      "This is to register for the Pro side of the Pass Creek Ice Bowl. All Pro's will receive a Pass Creek Ice Bowl Pro players Pack, and will play for added cash."

That implied to me that there are
      TWO Amateur divisions, and
      ONE Pro division, making
      THREE divisions total

Am I mistaken? Is the posted information correct? Have I misinterpreted it? Thanks in advance for your reply.
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by discgolforegon View Post
        Pass Creek Ice Bowl 2010 Current Registrations

Click Here

Also... we have enough gear to outfit 40 AM's. And we have 100 Minis.

Also... lol sorry almost forgot. Gawain we are offering Free Entry for 15 and under with 3 cans of food i beleive. The kids get a disc and 2 minis.
        I'm almost giddy with anticipation!

Bob

Comment

D'oh!

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          Only 2 divisions?

I read here: http://discgolforegon.com/index.php?...mart&Itemid=64 that:
          "This is to register for the AM side of the Pass Creek Ice Bowl. All AM's will receive a Pass Creek Ice Bowl AM players Pack, and will play for Trophies and Prizes.
          There will be an AM and ADV divisions with trophies for each division."
          I don't remember discussing this with Nate, could have been during one our many late-night discussions.

We will discuss this in the morning and reply ASAP. The lack of pre-registrations replaced by intended day-ofs makes it difficult for us to plan ahead for split Am divisions. But, I can guarantee that everyone will be catered to. Final word, I don't foresee splitting Ams being a problem if there are enough Am entrees.

Thanks, for pointing this oversight out Gawain See ya soon!

-Derek

Comment

No sweat. Thanks for the clarification.

Another question: Will the teepads be natural surfaces? Will cleats be allowed/recommended?

Thanks in advance for all your efforts!

Comment

Man Treelove you are on top of this thing!

Comment

I have to say that I know that this is for charity and all but having only two divisions stinks. The tweeners - like myself - can either play PRO and just write Leland a check (or Andy if he is coming...) or I can play AM and get a rash of crap for doing so.

Splitting the AM pool into Advanced and Intermediate would not only benefit those like me but might also encourage more women to sign up as they could compete in the Intermediate field much more easily than they could in one large AM field, in my opinion.

Just my $.02. Looking forward to the event regardless of what is decided regarding divisions and sure it will be a good time.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Step up Sam, this is for charity anyways. So when are you going to come down to a SOWS event Sam?

Comment

I hear ya, Josh... just suggesting that a split in the AM field would get more interest from those who have this dilemma.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                      No sweat. Thanks for the clarification.

Another question: Will the teepads be natural surfaces? Will cleats be allowed/recommended?

Thanks in advance for all your efforts!
                      Here is some more lowdown to ponder...

When we thought of the ice bowl I think I remember telling Derek that we need to prepare for more than one AM division... Im sure i just left it in there as i don't proof read very well.

If there is enough people that show up we will make divisions to accomodate. We will have trophies prepared for Adv AM and Intermediate AM, as well as Top 4 Pro's for the final 9ers.

The other divisions that may come up will have to play for extra prizes... courtesy of DGO. We cannot prepare trophies for divisions that may not show.

When you arrive and check in / Pay you can indicate to me if you want to Play Intermediate, or Advanced.

As for the teepads... I would recommend wearing some good traction shoes. We will be using the same locations that the permanent teepads will use so tearing up the grass in those areas is of no concern.

We do however want to tread lightly on any other areas of the park. All teepads will be marked with a teesign, and flags. Natural teepad rules will be in effect... ie. If it gets too gnarly you can tee up to 10 feet back, etc. etc.

It's shaping up to be a great event, we have lots of prizes, and extras to give away. See ya there!!!

p.s. Registration list was updated to reflect Andy hock.

Comment

Word. This does indeed seem to be shaping up to be a great event.
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Come all

Just talked to Nate. If 2 or more women, or 2 or more juniors, arrive at the event and would rather play against each other, we will have plenty of extra prizes on hand to award the extra divisions.

So, come all, and enjoy!

-Derek

Comment

Camping??

It's looking like our Ice Bowl isn't gonna be very icy.

I just talked to Douglas County Parks, and am waiting for the park caretaker's phone to not be busy, as well.

I and a couple others will be heading to Pass Creek Park on Saturday to prep the course, camp, party , laugh , cry , pass out . . . uhhh, mostly just to prep the course and camp and laugh lots Feel free to come check out this beautiful park the day before, maybe even scout the holes; I will flag the layout first thing when I arrive, placing available baskets shortly after. A good way to show the park people our appreciation would be to stick around and enjoy the camping facilities, as well . . .
                            Campfire provided

Camping rates will probably be $15 per pair of tents, and a $2 discount to Douglas County residents will be available, as usual. Pass Creek Park has kind of a different camping layout with full hookups and group tent sites available. I am unsure as to how the "group" tent sites work, which is why I am trying to contact the park host But, if anything, the camping may be cheaper than we think.

Shoot me a PM, e-mail discgolforegon3@gmail.com, or phone call 5416430774 if you plan on stopping by and/or staying Saturday . . . or reply here

See ya there!!!

I'm so excited
                            -Derek

Comment

Originally posted by DiscGolfOregon3 View Post
                              It's looking like our Ice Bowl isn't gonna be very icy.

I just talked to Douglas County Parks, and am waiting for the park caretaker's phone to not be busy, as well.

I and a couple others will be heading to Pass Creek Park on Saturday to prep the course, camp, party , laugh , cry , pass out . . . uhhh, mostly just to prep the course and camp and laugh lots Feel free to come check out this beautiful park the day before, maybe even scout the holes; I will flag the layout first thing when I arrive, placing available baskets shortly after. A good way to show the park people our appreciation would be to stick around and enjoy the camping facilities, as well . . .
                              Campfire provided

Camping rates will probably be $15 per pair of tents, and a $2 discount to Douglas County residents will be available, as usual. Pass Creek Park has kind of a different camping layout with full hookups and group tent sites available. I am unsure as to how the "group" tent sites work, which is why I am trying to contact the park host But, if anything, the camping may be cheaper than we think.

Shoot me a PM, e-mail discgolforegon3@gmail.com, or phone call 5416430774 if you plan on stopping by and/or staying Saturday . . . or reply here

See ya there!!!

I'm so excited
                              -Derek

Camping?????????? Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Pondering, pondering, pondering...............

Bob

Comment

Ditto, pondering.....

Mostly, a hearty thanks for your quick responses to the questions!

(we "tweeners" (#18833=917) do appreciate more options for divisions...)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X