X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slosh #1 - Nanook Open - December 19th

The first of the Stumptown DGC hosted Slosh tournaments will be Saturday Dec. 19th at Timber Park in Estacada. It is a PDGA sanctioned C-tier event. On line registration is open at

http://j.mp/slosh1

The registration fee is $35 for all divisions, and an additional $10 for non-PDGA members. Each player will recieve a custom stamped tournament disc (I believe they are innova champion plastic). There is a 72 player limit. Two rounds of 19 holes, standard layout.

Last year for the same event we had quite a bit of snow during the day out there - about 7 inches - we'll see what will happen this year.

If you have any questions feel free to call or email me. I rarely make it onto this forum so it may take a while for me to answer a question if you post it here. Thanks and hope to see you there....

Bart Yanoch
    byanoch@gmail.com

Standard layout?
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

I think that's what he meant by :

"There is a 72 player limit. Two rounds of 19 holes, standard layout."

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post

smarty pants

Comment

Well, originally I had planned on an 18 hole safari course that used many of the existing baskets and tee pads. It played about a par 58 or so. But due to Dec. 19 being almost the shortest day of the year, people obviously being unfamiliar with the safari course, and weather perhaps being difficult, I decide that it would just be easier to play the standard layout. The safari course is really fun and challenging though, and hopefully can be used this spring or early summer in a tournament...

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post

Thanks, Lund. You should have read what I originally posted before I edited it to ask the next stupid question.
            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

If I sign up now and the weather doesn't allow me to travel will I be refunded my entry fee?
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Are there really 70 out of 72 spots still open in this tournament?
                Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                PDGA #37890
                Stumptown #157
                ODW TDG 10-11
                3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
                  Are there really 70 out of 72 spots still open in this tournament?
                  Nope. 69... Now
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

December 2nd, 2009 09:36 PM
                    REDFIVE - "If I sign up now and the weather doesn't allow me to travel will I be refunded my entry fee?"

Sure - if it's something like the I-5 being closed then of course. However, if it's because it's raining and you don't feel like playing or driving then no.

Registration is up on the PDGA site here....

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9738

Looks like a little bit of snow might be coming this week. If it keeps up then I'll make sure to bring the rock salt. Regardless I'll have a couple of heaters at tournament central and a big fluffy dog you can cuddle with...

Comment

Is this event expected to fill and/or will day-of registration be accepted? I ask because I would like one last tourney before I am Masters' eligible and might be able to make this.

Sounds like fun, Bart. Thanks for stepping up to run this.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Is this event expected to fill and/or will day-of registration be accepted? I ask because I would like one last tourney before I am Masters' eligible and might be able to make this.

Sounds like fun, Bart. Thanks for stepping up to run this.
                        Sam, with a week to go and 7 players registered, there should be a CHANCE you can get in.

Bob

Comment

2 weeks to go.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            2 weeks to go.
                            In that case, no probably no chance.
                            Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                            PDGA #37890
                            Stumptown #157
                            ODW TDG 10-11
                            3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

OK. So we'll go to Orchard and Lunchtime tomorrow instead. No point practicing Timber in that case.

~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X