Turkey Triples at Willamette - November 29th Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Turkey Triples at Willamette - November 29th

    I haven't seen a triples tournament in a long time now, so I thought I'd run one for everybody! Should be a blast, probably going to see some pretty hot scores at Willamette Park! All the info you need is there, start getting your team lined up!

    Part of every entry fee goes to the April Fools Doubles on March 26th. Nate and I have some great ideas about what we're going to do to the course this year, hehe.

    TURKEY TRIPLES - NOVEMBER 29TH (SUNDAY)
    WILLAMETTE PARK - CORVALLIS

    SCHEDULE:
    7:00 AM - CHECK IN
    8:00 AM - PLAYERS MEETING
    8:30 AM - ROUND ONE START
    11:00 AM - LUNCH
    12:00 PM - ROUND TWO START
    AWARDS TO FOLLOW

    TEAM ENTRY FEE:
    $33.00 - PRO
    $24.00 - AM
    $21.00 - WOMEN
    $18.00 - REC

    ROUND ONE RULES:
    ALL THREE PLAYERS THROW OFF THE TEE; THE BEST DRIVE IS THEN PLAYED FROM. THE PLAYER WHO THREW THE BEST DRIVE CANNOT PLAY FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE HOLE. EVERY PLAYER MUST CONTRIBUTE SIX TEE SHOTS EACH DURING THE 18 HOLES.

    ROUND TWO RULES:
    TRADITIONAL “BEST SHOT” RULES, ALL THREE PLAYERS THROW A TEE SHOT AND PLAY FROM THE RESULTING LIE.

    ENTRY FEE BREAKDOWN:
    $3.00 – APRIL FOOLS DOUBLES MARCH 26TH AT ADAIR
    REST GOES TO PAY OUT
    PAY OUT WILL BE TO THE TOP THIRD OF EVERY DIVISION
    PAYOUT IN CASH TO PRO, DISCS TO AMS

    THINGS TO REMEMBER:
    CASH ONLY
    SIGN UP THE DAY OF - NO PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
    36 TEAM MAXIMUM
    MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO TEAMS TO FORM A DIVISION
    LOTS OF CTP PRIZES!

    [TD Contact: Dion Arlyn – kenpofoo@msn.com – 541-760-0013]
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

  • #2
    Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
    I haven't seen a triples tournament in a long time now, so I thought I'd run one for everybody! Should be a blast, probably going to see some pretty hot scores at Willamette Park! All the info you need is there, start getting your team lined up!

    Part of every entry fee goes to the April Fools Doubles on March 26th. Nate and I have some great ideas about what we're going to do to the course this year, hehe.

    TURKEY TRIPLES - NOVEMBER 29TH (SUNDAY)
    WILLAMETTE PARK - CORVALLIS

    SCHEDULE:
    7:00 AM - CHECK IN
    8:00 AM - PLAYERS MEETING
    8:30 AM - ROUND ONE START
    11:00 AM - LUNCH
    12:00 PM - ROUND TWO START
    AWARDS TO FOLLOW

    TEAM ENTRY FEE:
    $33.00 - PRO
    $24.00 - AM
    $21.00 - WOMEN
    $18.00 - REC

    ROUND ONE RULES:
    ALL THREE PLAYERS THROW OFF THE TEE; THE BEST DRIVE IS THEN PLAYED FROM. THE PLAYER WHO THREW THE BEST DRIVE CANNOT PLAY FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE HOLE. EVERY PLAYER MUST CONTRIBUTE SIX TEE SHOTS EACH DURING THE 18 HOLES.

    ROUND TWO RULES:
    TRADITIONAL “BEST SHOT” RULES, ALL THREE PLAYERS THROW A TEE SHOT AND PLAY FROM THE RESULTING LIE.

    ENTRY FEE BREAKDOWN:
    $3.00 – APRIL FOOLS DOUBLES MARCH 26TH AT ADAIR
    REST GOES TO PAY OUT
    PAY OUT WILL BE TO THE TOP THIRD OF EVERY DIVISION
    PAYOUT IN CASH TO PRO, DISCS TO AMS

    THINGS TO REMEMBER:
    CASH ONLY
    SIGN UP THE DAY OF - NO PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
    36 TEAM MAXIMUM
    MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO TEAMS TO FORM A DIVISION
    LOTS OF CTP PRIZES!

    [TD Contact: Dion Arlyn – kenpofoo@msn.com – 541-760-0013]
    Cool Dion! I've never played triples, is it "best drive is then played from" or "choose a drive to play from" (if you want someone to be putting for instance)?

    I'll try to make it but I don't know if I can get a pass for two days in a row (ninkasi series Sat.).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
      Cool Dion! I've never played triples, is it "best drive is then played from" or "choose a drive to play from" (if you want someone to be putting for instance)?

      I'll try to make it but I don't know if I can get a pass for two days in a row (ninkasi series Sat.).
      First round is choice. There is a bit of strategy as to who's drive you'll choose, potentially saving someone's drives for later. Every teammate has to contribute six drives.
      Team DISCRAFT
      NW Sign Up
      Gorilla Boy
      Paragon Disc Golf
      Odwalla

      Comment


      • #4
        Hmm, is anyone planning on attending?

        Pro:
        Team Speed Metal Trio
        Nate Sexton
        Colin Sexton
        Dion Arlyn

        Any Takers?
        Team DISCRAFT
        NW Sign Up
        Gorilla Boy
        Paragon Disc Golf
        Odwalla

        Comment


        • #5
          Probably put together an advanced team from McMinnville area... Can't wait
          Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

          Comment


          • #6
            I would like to attend, but I'd need a team and a ride from Monmouth. Any takers?
            Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

            DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
              Hmm, is anyone planning on attending?

              Pro:
              Team Speed Metal Trio
              Nate Sexton
              Colin Sexton
              Dion Arlyn

              Any Takers?
              Why don't I just give Nate my entry next time I see him and save myself a trip.

              Comment


              • #8
                Shane are you on here yet?
                You and I should put togeather a team and take speed metal down!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                  You and I should put togeather a team
                  Possible...

                  Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                  and take speed metal down!
                  Impossible...
                  Innova Champion Discs
                  Discmania
                  huk lab
                  Keen Footwear
                  Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                  Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                  Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
                    Possible...



                    Impossible...
                    You should look up James Moore rumor has it that he has Nate's game at Adair! Andrew Rich also has shown some serious game at Adair as well!
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We are playing Willamette not Adair Senor Flash
                      Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I wonder what the best score in each round is going to be. My guess is that the best round overall is going to be a -15. And I bet that Speed Metal Trio is the team to shoot it.
                        Team DISCRAFT
                        NW Sign Up
                        Gorilla Boy
                        Paragon Disc Golf
                        Odwalla

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          PRO: NOT 1000 RATED

                          Spencer Gausnell
                          Devin Cordell
                          Josh Gausnell

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
                            PRO: NOT 1000 RATED

                            Spencer Gausnell
                            Devin Cordell
                            Josh Gausnell
                            Sweet, glad to have you guys on board!

                            I also hear that Andy Hock, Shane Waters and Kirk McAllister formed a team! Team McHockwaters...right?
                            Team DISCRAFT
                            NW Sign Up
                            Gorilla Boy
                            Paragon Disc Golf
                            Odwalla

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Guess I should form an AM team and represent!

                              Bob

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X