X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sah Hah Lee Glow Golf! - November 14th

Come out and join us for the first ever Disc Golf event at Sah Hah Lee golf course!

Secure your spot now (only 48 available!) for a chance to play Disc Golf on beautifully manicured Sah Hah Lee ball golf course. This event is a “Glow Golf” tournament with a casual and friendly atmosphere. With your entry fee, you will be participating in a 12 hole round of glow golf, shooting along the fairways already in place for ball golf, as well as a BBQ dinner provided by Next Adventure and access to Sah Hah Lee’s stellar miniature golf course.

A limited number of glow discs of varying weights and models will be available at the event for purchase. Bring your headlamp/flashlight or other lighting aid.

Non-playing guests/caddies are welcome at a cost of $10, which includes dinner and miniature golf.

Due to the fun and casual nature of glow golf, we will be limiting divisions to AM and PRO, Male and Female.

For specific questions about the event, feel free to contact Ryan at discgolf[at]ryangwillim.com In the event of truly nasty weather, the event coordinators reserve the right to cancel the event. In which case, the event may be rescheduled to Nov. 21st, OR a full refund will be given to participants.

Online Registration is now OPEN!

*There is a $5 late fee for registrations received past Nov. 9th
    Last edited by gwillim; November 11th, 2009, 04:22 PM.

What time/date?

Are LEDs allowed?

Comment

November 14th. Congregating at 5pm.

LED are dandy!

Comment

Spots are filling up. Signing up soon would be highly encouraged!

Comment

I'll be taking registrations this Saturday at the Leverich Park Anniversary Celebration!

Comment

Due to the not-so-thrilling weather forecast, or many other possible factors, our registrations have dwindled badly after the initial first surge. We have decided that we will need to cancel the event if we do not get 30 registered players by Wednesday.

We have decided to waive the $5 late fee, and offer registration from now until Wednesday for the normal price of $25. If you want to play this event, it imperative that you sign up between now and Wednesday. We currently need about 15 players to reach our goal.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have brought on anyone.

Comment

Why are you needing to cancel the "event"? Sounds like you have about 15 maybe 20 people who have paid and are willing to play a glow round on a new course possibly in poor weather. Doesn't seem like such a bad thing to me. Is there an option for registered players to play outside of the perscribed "tournament". I bet a bunch of these people would still like to play even with a low turnout. Let's call it a casual round of glow golf for "fun" if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Harpua_OR View Post
                Why are you needing to cancel the "event"? Sounds like you have about 15 maybe 20 people who have paid and are willing to play a glow round on a new course possibly in poor weather. Doesn't seem like such a bad thing to me. Is there an option for registered players to play outside of the perscribed "tournament". I bet a bunch of these people would still like to play even with a low turnout. Let's call it a casual round of glow golf for "fun" if that makes a difference.
                Part of me agrees with you here, but another part of me doesn't want our first gig at Sah Hah Lee to be a poorly attended, miserable cold, wet & rainy night.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Harpua_OR View Post
                  Jason,

The issue is multi-faceted. For starters, it doesn't make sense for us to do the event if we have less than 30 people from a financial standpoint. The owner of the course is giving us a killer rate for this event, much lower than he usually charges, and for that we thank him. However, it's still much higher than using a pre-existing disc golf course for free. Then we have Next Adventure providing food. Again, it's much more feasible for Bryan to cook for a larger number of people. And so on.

I have talked it over with Bryan of N/A and with Steve Carson and we just don't see it as being feasible with less than 30 participants. The numbers just don't stack up. If we still ran it with 15 players, we would be in the hole.

I hope this helps you understand our decision making.

Comment

I would be there if I didn't have a Mac & Cheese cook-off to win that night. Hole 1 would be a blast if it followed the same hole as the ball golf course. Mini top of the world glow? Awesome!

Comment

this looks like so much fun! I'm sorry we can't attend this weekend... if the date changes, I'd love to play Thanks for organizing it all.. it looks like an awesome facility

Comment

We were unable to reach our quota, and we are canceling the event. I'll make sure that everyone who signed up gets their refunds, etc.

Keep an eye out for a future event at Sah-Hah-Lee, I'll be working toward getting another event up on the schedule soon, and hopefully we can make everything work out alright.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                          We were unable to reach our quota, and we are canceling the event. I'll make sure that everyone who signed up gets their refunds, etc.

Keep an eye out for a future event at Sah-Hah-Lee, I'll be working toward getting another event up on the schedule soon, and hopefully we can make everything work out alright.

Cheers.
                          I would be into it on another date...the 14th was my youngest daughters 14th so it was a no go...on the glow.Count me in on the next attempt and I will try to get some more people to go...for the glow

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X