X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    well in that case, Sassy and DGO need to talk outside this forum... More heads is always better
    exactly. sass and crew live in vancouver 3.5 hrs away, dgo live right down the road and have expressed a HUGE desire to run this event. they WANT it, and want to make it the best it can be.
    but alas, this is now out of the EDGC's concern, and will be left up to said company...
    May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Originally posted by sassalicious View Post
      Tom, Cris, Todd and I are planning to run the GNWO. The club was not interested in helping out again this year (EDGC) so we are planning on running it without their specific help. The EDGC has only played a support roll in this event for the past couple of years with the core TD/team being Tom and the Oregon Series Staff.

Again, this event will be run it as it has been for the last few years by the old core Oregon Series staff.

B***S**T

You guys have NO rights to this event at

MAYBE the GNWO...but then that has only been run by Tom the past couple of years.

WHY should an outside entity have the rights to a course that has "multiple" clubs VERY capable of running its own events?

The ONLY reason you did it in prior years was due to a rift between You & Yose...and that only involved the Oregon Series as it USED to be.

Again...B.S.

Comment

all2common... see what sassy said, EDGC showed no interest in receiving the torch, so they taking on the responsibility, i think that is great. No point in giving responsbilitiy to someone who dosen't want it...

Just read Zaius reply... well in that case, Sassy and DGO need to talk outside this forum... More heads is always better
        The UDA has been expessing the "desire" to run this event for the past year PLUS.
        It was my understanding that the EDGC was ready to "pass it on" back to the the local club....and THAT is what has been planned for.
        Funny (or no so) that NO ONE other than the UDA has contacted me about any dates for this event...surely not Tom, Chris, Todd or Teresa.

Comment

UDA or DiscGolfOregon or both should run this event. THEY put in alot of hard work to make whistlers what it is today, and are more than capable of running top quality events. Kudos to them. = my 2 cents

Comment

Thanks Jesse...

Yes DGO is up to running any event with the UDA. Always have been.

DGO will help ANYONE in OREGON with ANYTHING DISC GOLF!!! I have been shouting it for years!

Regardless of what happens with the GNWO, DGO would be down to host an Oregon Series Event.
            http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

then you guys need to start talking off the forum with eachother and decide who will do what etc and not on here... go shoo now... get busy

Comment

then you guys need to start talking off the forum with eachother and decide who will do what etc and not on here... go shoo now... get busy
                already in progress...

May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

So... I'm not sure why we are the bad guys on this one. We have been running this event (with the help of the EDGC) for the past several years. If someone wanted to be a part of it, or take it on completely, then why were we not contacted directly?

And no rights? I think all the work we have done to develop disc golf in Oregon gives us rights to running events where we want to. Whistler's is a public park and can be reserved and used by anyone.

You want respect, but are not wiling to give any? That's not how it works... throwing a public tantrum is counterproductive to your cause.

You want to discuss this further? Contact us directly.

sassy.tgb@gmail.com, crushthecourse@hotmail.com, crisnteresa@comcast.net, todd.andrews@orsdiscgolf.com

Comment

WOOT!

Comment

soooo how about that wonderful weather we are having. perfect for hukkin those new stalkers and buzzzes... can't wait to play GNO put on by like 10 people, gonna be champ...

Comment

I have spoken to those who's opinion actually matters........

The GNWO will happen...and YES anyone can run any event anywhere they so wish. I am still out on if that is the best plan or not.

The GNWO will be on April 17 & 18. TD'd, as T Bell said earlier, by the "Old" Oregon Series core staff.
                        AM Super Tour...Pro B Tier

The "locals" can always run an event of a different name any other time they so wish.

Play On!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X