Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bvdisc View Post
    So, how did it go??
    Great turnout, great weather, great course!

Comment

NWDGS

Originally posted by bvdisc View Post
      So, how did it go??
      It was lots of fun and the turn out was great! I heard there was just over 100 participants. The weather was awesome for this time of year and the course is fun and fair!

Hats off to everyone who worked so hard to make this course a reality and to the NWDGS team!!!!!

To bad you weren't there Ben, We missed you! The results should be posted later today!

Comment

Thanks to everybody who came out to "The Grove" on Saturday! I had a great time, and I think everybody did as well. I am going to try and get this thing into the local paper. I think this course / park will be a big hit for this town if we get the word out. Saw some locals checking it out during tourney play yesterday. That stokes me... If anybody has any feedback on the course design / layout.. let me know. this is the first course I have designed, so I am taking as much feedback as possible to make it better! Cody Cornett gave me a great criticism about course flow. Hole 5 will now become hole 15. makes less walkouts, and fairway interference. Great tip. the more feedback early in the game the better! Some folks were whining about teeing off from OB on 14 and 15, (path and left was OB); comments on this? I think for the most part is a great way to play it. You can always take an easy 3... but wanted to hear feedback from others who played it. I think alot of great courses are moving in the direction of more OB.. anyways.. thanks again for the turnout!

Tom

Comment

As far as course flow goes, the problem is that you've got two six (or so) hole loops that you're trying to connect. You come in on the southern edge (hole 4) and then play the north loop before coming back to the south loop.

If you went right from hole 3 to hole 10 you could play the south loop first. You could then play hole 4 and go right to hole 6. When you finish hole 9, you'd play 15 and then you're all set.

Comment

scores will be posted tonight.

so sorry to the pro field. we shorted the field about 100$ in cash as we missed counted the field (in the dark mind you). this will be corrected and the cash will be distributed accordingly.

thanks for the HUGE turnout, the positive energy, the food, the quick play for 101 people (7 ghost groups, and 2 5somes), ninkasi being awsome, disc golf oregon being awesome and donating sweet plastic and decals that will be given out at the next tourney cause we didn't have any time to do anything other than play and count scores... :HUGEBREATH.

thanks to tom embree for helping me out in my time of need...

keep yer eyes peeled for scores and more info about our next Ninkasi Winter Series tourney...
            May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

NWDGS

That was an awesome event!! Thanks to all you hard working people who put the sweet course in the ground (The Grove? is that its official name??). A big thanks to the crew that made the event happen. It was a great day of golf, couldn't get much better weather.

I'm proud to say that this was my first win in the open division. hopefully not the last

I cant wait to see all you at dexter in a couple weeks.

-Devin C.
              -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

The Grove

thought the tourney was great, my first one. Considering the turnout I thought it went well.As far as hole 14 and 15 teeing off from out of bounds I thought it was fine. Wouldnt change that at all. As far as changing 5 to 15 and such whatever you can do to make the course flow better should be a plus. I thought the course was real good and will play agian soon for sure.Thank you to all who made the course possible.
                Originally posted by Wakemaster137 View Post
                Thanks to everybody who came out to "The Grove" on Saturday! I had a great time, and I think everybody did as well. I am going to try and get this thing into the local paper. I think this course / park will be a big hit for this town if we get the word out. Saw some locals checking it out during tourney play yesterday. That stokes me... If anybody has any feedback on the course design / layout.. let me know. this is the first course I have designed, so I am taking as much feedback as possible to make it better! Cody Cornett gave me a great criticism about course flow. Hole 5 will now become hole 15. makes less walkouts, and fairway interference. Great tip. the more feedback early in the game the better! Some folks were whining about teeing off from OB on 14 and 15, (path and left was OB); comments on this? I think for the most part is a great way to play it. You can always take an easy 3... but wanted to hear feedback from others who played it. I think alot of great courses are moving in the direction of more OB.. anyways.. thanks again for the turnout!

Tom

Comment

Here are the results. I didn't post the scores for the round because we had to get crafty and use the back of the scorecards for scrip. Also, as i mentioned above, the MPO division were payed incorrectly, and I am setting aside the remainder of all who cashed in envelopes for the next time i see any of you. If you want the remainder mailed, please pm me your info. if anyone sees any other problems, please pm me and i'll correct them.

Division/Place/Paid/Series Points
                  Pro Open
                  Devin Cordell 1st 132$ 31
                  Buck Smith 2nd 90$ 30
                  Nate Sexton 3rd 68$ 29
                  Marx Ramierez t-4th 47$ 28
                  Nate Bush t-4th 47$ 28
                  Kirk Mcalister t-6th 32$ 26
                  Shane Waters t-6th 32$ 26
                  Andy Hock 8th 26$ 24
                  Scott Heath 9th 23$ 23
                  Phil Ormsby t-10th 20$ 22
                  Cody Cornett t-10th 20$ 22
                  Tom Embree 12th 17$ 20
                  Will Larson t-13th 19
                  Dustin Keegan t-13th 19
                  Greg Meyer t-15th 17
                  Matt Somer t-15th 17
                  Anthonly Salee t-17th 15
                  Tom Chrestman t-17th 15
                  Scott Withers t-19th 13
                  Ben Dowdy t-19th 13
                  Kristian Skyback 21st 11
                  Victor Cervantes 22nd 10
                  Bob Goodrich 23rd 9
                  Shawn Barnett t-24th 8
                  Jesse Seibel t-24th 8
                  Xander Waibel t-24th 8
                  Sean Mcelroy 27th 5
                  Al Sankton 28th 4
                  Zack Thompson t-29th 3
                  Derrick Penfield t-29th 3
                  Leland Odriscol DNF 1

Pro Women
                  Teresa Bellinger 1st 36$ 3
                  Maggie Drews 2nd 18$ 2
                  Sarah Johnson 3rd 1

Pro Masters
                  Jim Johnson t-1st 4
                  Bruce Sisson t-1st 4
                  Dan Lucachick 3rd 2
                  Tim Long 4th 1

Adv Men
                  Richard Burch 1st 32
                  Noah Politzer 2nd 31
                  Josh Kinligh t-3rd 30
                  Jessie Graseth t-3rd 30
                  Ben Chilton t-5th 28
                  Mark Scheid t-5th 28
                  Zach Jones t-5th 28
                  Tyler Blais t-8th 25
                  Mike Key t-8th 25
                  Josh Johnson t-8th 25
                  Dave Stewart 11th 22
                  Nate Baker 12th 21
                  Joe Hiatt 13th 20
                  Bryan Luoma 14th 19
                  Jason Turner 15th 18
                  Cody Freeburg 16th 17
                  Scott Gummow 17th 16
                  Randy French t-18th 15
                  Brandon Hansell t-18th 15
                  Forrest Mcharry 20th 13
                  Shane Cunni. 21st 12
                  Ralph Alvarado t-22nd 11
                  Casey Sixkiller t-22nd 11
                  Warchild Lupton t-22nd 11
                  Adam Bell t-22nd 11
                  Stephen Cromd. t-22nd 11
                  Travis Edmoston t-27th 6
                  David Errington t-27th 6
                  Tab Weis t-27th 6
                  Chris Cusack 30th 3
                  Ryan Myrmo DNF 1
                  Doug Heiken DNF 1

Adv Masters
                  Bob Fultz 1st 7
                  Clyde Davison 2nd 6
                  Bob Burton 3rd 5
                  Randy Huntoon t-4th 4
                  Don Richter t-4th 4
                  Ralph Huntoon 6th 2
                  Bob Guessford 7th 1

Int Men
                  Gavin Hayward 1st 17
                  James Morse 2nd 16
                  Eric Perrinoud 3rd 15
                  Sam Girard 4th 14
                  Ian Gregory 5th 13
                  Daniel Gwill 6th 12
                  Sott Wales 7th 11
                  Jason Demeter 8th 10
                  Adam Rubino 9th 9
                  Greg Hayes 10th 8
                  Mike Gwill 11th 7
                  Jeff Levell 12th 6
                  Dallas Steely 13th 5
                  Ken Humphreys 14th 4
                  Joe Cuellar 15th 3
                  Marty Kovach 16th 2
                  Craig Stanks 17th 1

Int Women
                  Mary Heath 1st 3
                  Holly Dewitt 2nd 2
                  Rebecca Hedges 3rd 1
                  Last edited by Dr. Zaius; November 15th, 2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Great job Devin

Comment

flow

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
                      As far as course flow goes, the problem is that you've got two six (or so) hole loops that you're trying to connect. You come in on the southern edge (hole 4) and then play the north loop before coming back to the south loop.

If you went right from hole 3 to hole 10 you could play the south loop first. You could then play hole 4 and go right to hole 6. When you finish hole 9, you'd play 15 and then you're all set.
                      wouldn't you want to play hole 4 then go to hole ten?

Comment

If any of you get out there to play the course again soon, please keep a look out for my bright green Champion Sidewinder. It's old and well loved, and has a Rebels stamp on it. My name and number are in it but have faded badly. I lost it on hole 13 when it crossed the water and buried into the bank on the other side. I believe it went over just before (or between) the clump of fir trees on the right. Thanks, sj

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfer50 View Post
                          wouldn't you want to play hole 4 then go to hole ten?
                          That'd work too, since walking from 4 pin to 10 tee wouldn't interfere with anyone and walking from 3 pin to 10 tee might interfere with 4 tee (I think, have to try it.) Might need a new path.

You'd probably want to measure the walkouts and go with what's shorter.
                          Last edited by Jim J; November 16th, 2009, 08:55 AM. Reason: fix typo

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post

then you have to cross hole 5 fairway. How does that work? I think your holes are mixed up. I think I see what you are saying though, but you ahve to invision what happens after you play hole 9, you would have to walk around the back of hole 5, and back up to 16... I think the best remedy is to make 5 hole 15, and all the holes preceding 15 till 5 are bumped down one number. That makes the least about of walking, and no crossing fairways. The only long walkout, is then moving from the current 9 to the current 10; which would be changed to 8, and 9. The only drawback I see from this change is now the course isn't divided at the half way point (9), at the start of what bruce calls the lefty hell road, after the walk out... good name by the way. glad I'm a righty. muhahaha
                            Last edited by Wakemaster137; November 17th, 2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Alton Baker

so I know its still a month away but.....
                              Is the field gonna be limited?
                              How are the overalls gonna be calculated? (best 3 events?)

Im excited to play Alton Baker. I was bummed that I didn't get too make it to the NW series that happened there this summer.

I cant wait. The last 2 tournies have been a blast
                              thanks NINKASI and all the hard workin people running these tournies.
                              -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

the field will be limited this time for sure. 84 is the maximum we will take this time. that's 3 ghost groups which is more than enough.

as stated earlier there will be trophies for the top finishers of their best 3 events. ninkasi and i have some ideas for these trophies.

alton baker will be set up in nearly the same fashion as it has before, with some minor tweaks, mayyyyybe some major ones.

rumors of the 4th tourney are started to bubble up. it looks like ninkasi might be seeing an inversion......

see all you guys in a few weeks and have a safe and kick ass new year! Go Ducks!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X