Possible tournament fundraiser for Western Oregon Disc Golf Team Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible tournament fundraiser for Western Oregon Disc Golf Team

I submitted my application for a club today, so I probably won't know for a little while. But if I am successful at starting a club, I would like to host a Tournament Fundraiser to start us off well and I'm wondering if and how many people would be interested in attending.

I would like to hold it at the new Dallas course if possible, just because it's new and I think it would be nice to get the word out about that course. The only problems with that is 1) I've never played it and don't know how it is 2) It's only got 9 holes so the number of participants and length of rounds would be shortened.

If the Dallas course doesn't work, I will try Adair if that's possible.

Also, if anyone would like to help with this, anything is appreciated. I've never TD'd (Tded?) before so anything would help.

That's all, if there's any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you
    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

I'm a student at Western also and I'd be willing to help out. I just played the Dallas course and I think it would be a good place for newer players than Adair, even though Adair is second home course and I love it. The only problem with the Dallas city park course is that last two holes cross fairways, I think with one or two temp baskets a good flowing tourney layout could be made.

Comment

Sweet. I was only aware of a couple of people at Western. Do I know you? :P And do you want to be a part of the club? Haha

Comment

My name is Shaun I live in McMinnville, you probably don't know me but I would be down to join the club and help with events

Comment

Sweet. Thanks

Comment

awwww man, i graduated from WOU, why couldn't there be a club back when there was the 9 holer on campus, i assume it's still there, hole 4 was the best....

Comment

They're actually doing construction now so half of the grove is gone but once some of it's cleared out i'm going to work on making an even better course. I'm also going to try to get some tee signs, I doubt I'll be able to get concrete but that's fine, and I might try to get new baskets or at least repair the ones we have.

Comment

construction on the grove??? what the heck were they thinking? that the only good patch of land left on campus for having a good time...

Comment

It's true, it is, but they're putting in another dorm. I do think though that the new course will be a lot better. And that's not just because I'm putting it together. Haha

Comment

This got kind of got off topic.

So who would be willing to go to tournament in Dallas to help Western Oregon Disc Golf? We're only the second collegiate team in Oregon (that I'm aware of).

This is still largely in the planning phase, but I would just like to get a rough estimate of how many people so I can plan accordingly.

Also, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                      This got kind of got off topic.

So who would be willing to go to tournament in Dallas to help Western Oregon Disc Golf? We're only the second collegiate team in Oregon (that I'm aware of).

This is still largely in the planning phase, but I would just like to get a rough estimate of how many people so I can plan accordingly.

Also, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
                      I would most likely be there.

Bob

Comment

I would definetely be interested and could probably be able to drum up a couple others to play. I went to high school in Dallas and ran cross country through that park. I am very ineterested in how they laid out the course. Could possible help too.

Comment

Thanks, anything helps

Comment

Make a great event, tons of people will come. Ask folks if they will come to an event they know nothing about: many people like myself won't commit up front, but the more we learn about it, and the more we like what we learn, the more likely we will show up! I am certainly in favor of collegiate disc golf, because, I think that increasing the popularity of disc golf will result in more courses... for me (& everyone) to play on!
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

hey im from the UO Club/helped start it. So if you have any questions let me know. If you have your tourney on pretty much any Sunday besides Nov 8th, then we would probably bring a car or two full of guys to come up and play

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X