2009 / 2010 Bad Ace Travelling Winter Handicap Series Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2009 / 2010 Bad Ace Travelling Winter Handicap Series

    I will be running the Bad Ace series again this year, I appologize for the late notice, however I have a 6 month old daughter and I was not entriely sure I could get away with it (see angry wife syndrome) however i have my wifes blessing and she is even going to play!

    Any ways the format is...
    New course (two rounds starting at 10AM) every other Sunday starting October 25th. We will be playing a total of 8 courses over 16 weeks and your top 5 scores will count, meaning you need to make atleast 5 courses to get your monies worth. You will earn points for every player you beat each round after handicaps are figured in, as well as one point for attending each round.

    Entry fee is $30 for the entire series, and I am going to add a bag tag to the mix, which will be included in your entry fee. The bag tag will be seperate and continue on for one calendar year and have its own glorious prize to be announced later. To calculate handicaps, I will use 80.4% of your round score from par, your previous handicap, and 80.4% of the average score from par for the entire group for that round. In other words your previous handicap, plus your cureent round handicap, plus the overall groups current round handicap, divided by 3 will give me your handicap for the just completed round and I will subtract or add to your round, thus producing your actual score.

    The schedule is...
    October 25th - Cascade Gateway (Salem Airport)
    November 8th - Champoeg State Park ( St.Paul/ Newberg/ Donald area)
    November 22nd - Hornings Hideout (North Plains $3 fee to play all day)
    December 6th - Adair Village (7 miles North of Corvallis)
    December 20th - Woodmansee (South West Salem)
    January 3rd - Keizer Rapids (West Keizer/ North Salem)
    January 17th - Ewing Young (South West Newberg)
    January 31st - Wortman Park (McMinnville - Awards ceremony to follow)

    There will also be a running ace pot which will be $2 per course, $1/ round.
    Any ace pot monies not won by the end of the series will be awarded by a CTP after the final round at Wortman on January 31st.

    Please feel free to give PM with any questions comments or concerns!
    or give me a call 503 302 8789, leave a message or text me for immediate response.

    Last year we had 15 paid entrants, I am looking to double that this year, but either way it will be a blast. the weather gods looked out for us as we played in the rain for a total of 20 minutes through all 14 weeks!
    Last edited by CarlitosBonitos; November 13th, 2009, 03:46 PM.
    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

  • #2
    Sounds awesome.

    Will there be weekly payouts, or just the series payout?

    I'm not sure I totally understand the how the handicaps work. How will they be set the first week? Or is the first week non-handicapped?

    Comment


    • #3
      Jeni is going to try to make it with me as well
      sounds like 4 already

      Comment


      • #4
        There will be a series payout at the end... we will pay out to the top 3 finishers unless there is more than 20 players paid in, in which case we will go to the top 4 or 5 depending on the field size. There will also be trophy's unless something changes, and these are some sweet trophies better than any I have seen at a tourney!

        for the first week, after the first round, I will add up everyones score, then I will get the average and multiply by 80.4% to find the average handicap, Then I will take your first round score and multiply by 80.4% to figure your handicap, I will double weight this for the first round as it will represent your previous handicap and the current round handicap, since there is no previous handicap. Iwill divide by three and subtract or add to your score appropriatly.

        here is an example...
        first round at Cascade Gateway October 25th. Hypothetical 20 particpants and an average score of 59.4. The par for that course is 54, so as a group the handicap is
        54(par) - 59.4(group average) = -5.4 * .804 = -4.34

        You shoot a 56
        54(par) - 56(your first round) = -2 * .804 = -1.61

        Double weight for the first round with no previous handicap so your handicap would be (-4.34) + (-1.61) + (-1.61) = -7.56 / 3 = -2.52
        Your 56 would then turn into a 53.48.

        for the second round you shoot a 51.
        I would use the new group average for the second round (lets assume it stays the same so I dont have to do more math 59.4)
        so your established handicap of -2.52, along with the course average of -4.34, and your current round of +2.41 (54-51=3 * .804= +2.41) would give me a handicap of (-2.52)+(-4.34)+(2.41)= -1.48
        So your score of 51 would turn into a 49.52

        -1.48 would be your carry over handicap to be factored in for the next events first round.

        I hope that makes sense!
        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
          Jeni is going to try to make it with me as well
          sounds like 4 already
          Aww heck yeah... I have 9 confirmed as of this moment, but it is early and I can see all of last years participants coming back, possibly picking up a few Salem golfers and I would love anyone elses partcipation! Should be a minimum of 18 participants!
          Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

          Comment


          • #6
            I might be interested in some, but probably won't make all. I haven't checked.

            A suggestion - you may want to switch your weekends so they don't conflict with team disc golf. That is a lot of hard-core winter disc golfers who won't be able to make it to any of your series.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scott View Post
              I might be interested in some, but probably won't make all. I haven't checked.

              A suggestion - you may want to switch your weekends so they don't conflict with team disc golf. That is a lot of hard-core winter disc golfers who won't be able to make it to any of your series.
              Yeah, I know, but for the same reason I need to avoid Christmas, so I have gone with these dates, plus I tried ot get into team golf last year and it was difficult to say the least, so unless i wanted to play Saturdays, there was no way to make it work, This is fun and keeps us playing in the winter months, hope to see you otu there Scott and just so you klnow you only need to make 5 of the 8 events!
              Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

              Comment


              • #8
                Talked to a lot of players at the Willamette Open, looks lioke hte field should grow some this year, can't wait. The perfect amount of winter golf to keep things in shape for the dry season!
                Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Bad Ace Bag Tag order as of 10/24/09

                  1 Jesse $40.00 50%
                  2 Shaun $28.00 35%
                  3 Dennis
                  4 Jason
                  5 Mike A
                  6 J. T.
                  7 Mike
                  8 Randy
                  9 Brian
                  10 Mic
                  11 Joe
                  12 Cody
                  13 Jeremiah
                  14 Chris
                  15 Brandy
                  16 Carl $12.00 15%
                  Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Total Points after 1 Event

                    1st Jesse 29.5 $160.00 40%
                    2nd Shaun 28 $100.00 25%
                    3rd Dennis 25 $80.00 20%
                    4th Jason 24 $60.00 15%
                    5th Mike A 21.5
                    6th J T 20
                    7th Mike 18
                    7th Randy 18
                    7th Brian 18
                    10th Mic 13
                    11th Joe 11
                    12th Carl 9
                    13th Cody 7
                    14th Jeremiah 6
                    14th Chris 6
                    16th Brandy 2
                    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A few explanations...

                      So after one event, the leaderboards have been updated. I will printout the two spreadsheets that I use to calculate your handicaps and scores and points and have then with me at all times on the disc golf courses. Also PM with your email and I can email them to you! I am happy to go over and explain anything that is unclear with you indvidually. I have three more confirmed entrants for the series, so the Prize Dollar amounts will grow. Also I will continue to offer Bad Ace Bag Tags @ $10 to folks outside of the series, so that will also grow rapidly. Sorry I had to leave early, however thanks for everyones cooperation, IT was fun and I cant wait for a nuetral course... aka Champoeg. We will be playing holes 1-15 and three temp holes to be determined. I will have the temp holes set up by 9 am on sunday Nov 8th, so show up early to practice/ warm up. Don't forget you can play for Bag Tags as often as you like outside of the BAD ACE TRAVELLING SERIES. Let me know if you have any questions or need help setting up a ride to Champoeg! Thanks - Carlitos
                      Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        added holes

                        Great added holes. Nice to play 18 at the grove.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Event #2 is in the books!

                          The weather was awesome, barely any rain. Dont forget next event is moved to Horning Hideout, a switcharoo of Keizer Rapids and Hornings Hideout. We will be plaing the original course and then the short course, due to day light we will not try the new course. Let me know if you want the spreadsheet I can email it to you or I will have them at Hornings Hideout. Thanks every one here are the standings followed by the Bag Tag order.

                          PLACE NAME EVENT1 EVENT2 TOTAL
                          1st Shaun 28 33 61
                          2nd Jason 24 33 57
                          3rd Jesse 29.5 27 56.5
                          4th Mike A 21.5 22 43.5
                          5th Dennis 25 18 43
                          6th J T 20 22 42
                          7th Randy 18 20 38
                          8th Bryan 18 18.5 36.5
                          9th Mike B 18 17.5 35.5
                          10th Carl 9 24 33
                          11th Joe 11 18 29
                          12th Terry 0 23 23
                          13th Chris 6 10 16
                          14th Cody 7 6 13
                          14th Mic 13 0 13
                          16th Erin 0 6 6
                          16th Jeni 0 6 6
                          16th Jeremiah 6 0 6
                          19th Brandy 2 0 2
                          19th Hillary 0 2 2

                          BAG TAGS
                          #
                          1 Shaun
                          2 Jason
                          3 Jesse
                          4 Terry
                          5 Carl
                          6 J T
                          7 Mike A
                          8 Dennis
                          9 Randy
                          10 Mic
                          11 Brian
                          12 Joe
                          13 Jeremiah
                          14 Chris
                          15 Brandy
                          16 Cody
                          17 Jeni
                          18 Erin
                          19 Hillary
                          20 Mike Blakely
                          Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            perhaps you should change 11\22 course to hornings hideout to avoid confusion.

                            Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                            I will be running the Bad Ace series again this year, I appologize for the late notice, however I have a 6 month old daughter and I was not entriely sure I could get away with it (see angry wife syndrome) however i have my wifes blessing and she is even going to play!

                            Any ways the format is...
                            New course (two rounds starting at 10AM) every other Sunday starting October 25th. We will be playing a total of 8 courses over 16 weeks and your top 5 scores will count, meaning you need to make atleast 5 courses to get your monies worth. You will earn points for every player you beat each round after handicaps are figured in, as well as one point for attending each round.

                            Entry fee is $30 for the entire series, and I am going to add a bag tag to the mix, which will be included in your entry fee. The bag tag will be seperate and continue on for one calendar year and have its own glorious prize to be announced later. To calculate handicaps, I will use 80.4% of your round score from par, your previous handicap, and 80.4% of the average score from par for the entire group for that round. In other words your previous handicap, plus your cureent round handicap, plus the overall groups current round handicap, divided by 3 will give me your handicap for the just completed round and I will subtract or add to your round, thus producing your actual score.

                            The schedule is...
                            October 25th - Cascade Gateway (Salem Airport)
                            November 8th - Champoeg State Park ( St.Paul/ Newberg/ Donald area)
                            November 22nd - Keizer Rapids (West Keizer/ North Salem)
                            December 6th - Adair Village (7 miles North of Corvallis)
                            December 20th - Woodmansee (South West Salem)
                            January 3rd - Hornings Hideout (North Plains $3 fee to play all day)
                            January 17th - Ewing Young (South West Newberg)
                            January 31st - Wortman Park (McMinnville - Awards ceremony to follow)

                            There will also be a running ace pot which will be $2 per course, $1/ round.
                            Any ace pot monies not won by the end of the series will be awarded by a CTP after the final round at Wortman on January 31st.

                            Please feel free to give PM with any questions comments or concerns!
                            or give me a call 503 302 8789, leave a message or text me for immediate response.

                            Last year we had 15 paid entrants, I am looking to double that this year, but either way it will be a blast. the weather gods looked out for us as we played in the rain for a total of 20 minutes through all 14 weeks!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              well played sir well played
                              Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X