X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Championships

I think a state championship event would be really cool to have, but just like the World Championships, it should not include an intermediate division. You should be able to be the Am champion or the Pro champion in a couple of different age and gender protected variations of course. I think there was once an INT world champion, but it doesn't make much sense so they removed it, it encourages playing down a little too much with an important title on the line.

Also, that 8min 53 second MTA by Zane must have been something to see, sickening that it only got him 2nd place, as that breaks the world record by about 8min 36 seconds. Now had that event been sanctioned he would have a place in the record books, or at least whoever beat him would have. Imagine that, throw the fastback up there, go to the car, drive out of the park and grab a coffee, all the while it is just hovering up there, then speed back in and catch it one handed...pretty cool.
    Innova Champion Discs
    Discmania
    huk lab
    Keen Footwear
    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
      Also, that 8min 53 second MTA by Zane must have been something to see, sickening that it only got him 2nd place, as that breaks the world record by about 8min 36 seconds. Now had that event been sanctioned he would have a place in the record books, or at least whoever beat him would have. Imagine that, throw the fastback up there, go to the car, drive out of the park and grab a coffee, all the while it is just hovering up there, then speed back in and catch it one handed...pretty cool.

Yea, I like that one as well.......

My best is just over 11 seconds.....

Id venture to say that the 8 mins 53 seconds was for "Disc-a-thon" which MOST overalls did back in the day....

Comment

MTA is where you throw it to yourself and catch it?

Have I mentioned that I am glad that we do not have so many abbreviations in DG? Seriously... I would totally deliver a RHBH to anyone who suggests that we need more.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

you had to be there

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
          You really had to be there to appreciate it.
          I think Roland Van Bibber won first place throwing a poly roc.
          Roland, if I remember right, threw his plastic, drove to a tavern and came back and caught it with a beer in the other hand.
          Without spilling any nonetheles.

Wait....... who was editing the ol Valley Golfer back then?
          TYPO ALERT
          Zane's toss was 8.53 seconds.
          Also, I think it WAS sanctioned.
          Maybe by Wiff Diff, U. S. Disc Sports and/or the PDGA, or all of them.
          Mike said he was going to check on this.
          PS Nice comprehension there Nate.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

fun stuff

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            MTA is where you throw it to yourself and catch it?.
            MTA = Maximum time aloft, where you throw it and go for hangtime and catch it cleanly with one hand.
            TRC = throw run and catch, where you go for D which means distance.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X