X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willamette Open Ten (WOX)

WOX is full and the wait is list is over 5 deep in both pools.

We are currently working towards gaining local sponsors and cleaning up both courses.

We will have two ghost groups at both courses so the play might be slow. I am seeking volunteers who can stay at Adair both days and help spot on the major trouble holes.

Spotting Holes are: 3, 4, 8, 10 (on berm), 14.

Thanks for the update, Mike.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

tyler blais wants to volunteer.. he was asking me how to contact mr storrs...

Comment

pm mike

Comment

Mike,

I noticed there is a ton of sub 900 rated players registered for MA2. Have you had any response back from the letter you sent out? It seems like several of those sub 900 players would have a good shot at a trophy in the MA3 division but very little shot at cashing in MA2 . I appreciate it that you sent the letter and made contact with them regarding MA3. I am hoping to see at least 8 or more change their registration from MA2 to MA3. The outcome of the MA2 at the Eugene Celebration clearly indicates a need for the MA3 division.

Thanks,
          Training to be a bagger

Comment

I was also wondering if anyone else has switched to MA3???

I talked to Darr yesterday and he was considering going back to MA2 if possible. He was saying that if he plays MA3, he will smoke the competition. Yeah he is currently the highest rated player in the division, but at those courses, even I think I could take him out. I know Will and Kent have a damn good chance as well. I say we do what we can to keep him in our MA3 division and whoop some ass on him.

I would love to see more play MA3. as it stands now, only 2 of us will make it to play the final 9. the more players we get in the division, the more we have to play the Final 9. I was the last place finisher MA2 at my last ORS event ( 's) but i think I can at least make it to the final 9 at WOX!!!
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
              I was also wondering if anyone else has switched to MA3???

I talked to Darr yesterday and he was considering going back to MA2 if possible. He was saying that if he plays MA3, he will smoke the competition. Yeah he is currently the highest rated player in the division, but at those courses, even I think I could take him out. I know Will and Kent have a damn good chance as well. I say we do what we can to keep him in our MA3 division and whoop some ass on him.

I would love to see more play MA3. as it stands now, only 2 of us will make it to play the final 9. the more players we get in the division, the more we have to play the Final 9. I was the last place finisher MA2 at my last ORS event ( 's) but i think I can at least make it to the final 9 at WOX!!!
              I figure with Patrick's track record, If he is even close to winning, I will move into his head and not move out until he is down by 40 strokes to the field. Nice try Darr. You are staying. Besides Will should be the person we all gun for. that guy is a legitimate middle of the road advanced player all the time. Since this is his first PDGA event, he has to start somewhere. I say we pour exlax powder into his water while he isn't looking.
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Are baskets at the two courses in tournament positions? If not, when will they be moved? Thanks.

Comment

Time to Practice

Both courses are now in the Saturday tournament layout. Several baskets at both courses will be moved for the Sunday layout. Hole #3 at Adair on Saturday will be a portable basket on top of Mt. Everett and will not be put into position until Friday afternoon tournament weekend (permanent basket is in the Sunday position). Mt Everett is flagged and I would throw to both positions if you make it for a practice round.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
                    Both courses are now in the Saturday tournament layout. Several baskets at both courses will be moved for the Sunday layout. Hole #3 at Adair on Saturday will be a portable basket on top of Mt. Everett and will not be put into position until Friday afternoon tournament weekend (permanent basket is in the Sunday position). Mt Everett is flagged and I would throw to both positions if you make it for a practice round.
                    Thanks for the info Dave. Anyone know where I can find the pool assignments?

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                      Thanks for the info Dave. Anyone know where I can find the pool assignments?
                      Try here:

http://www.orsdiscgolf.com/willametteopen.php

Then click Reg Form tab

Comment

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Everyone that I emailed about playing MA3 has either not replied or have said they want to stay. I really hope people don't start jumping all over from one division to another.

Comment

Sorry for not starting a new thread but,

I noticed that there are 3 players signed up for Intermediate that are rated over 930: 931, 936, and 940.
                          A friend of mine played his first PDGA event in '06 Intermediate at the BSF. After this first event he was rated higher than the 915 cusp. His second event was the '06 WO where he was required by the director to play Advanced.
                          I'm not sure if 930 or 935 is the cutoff but I was wondering, will these players fall into the same situation or......
                          Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                          Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                            Sorry for not starting a new thread but,

I noticed that there are 3 players signed up for Intermediate that are rated over 930: 931, 936, and 940.
                            A friend of mine played his first PDGA event in '06 Intermediate at the BSF. After this first event he was rated higher than the 915 cusp. His second event was the '06 WO where he was required by the director to play Advanced.
                            I'm not sure if 930 or 935 is the cutoff but I was wondering, will these players fall into the same situation or......
                            The cutoff is 935. On occasion, a TD can allow higher ratings if a player's rating just went over the limit at the last update and the player is competing in a series. I haven't looked to see if this is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by mikestorrs View Post
                              Hey guys. Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Everyone that I emailed about playing MA3 has either not replied or have said they want to stay. I really hope people don't start jumping all over from one division to another.
                              That is too bad. Could have made for some killer drama in two divisions instead of a little drama for 10 guys in intermediate and SOL for the rest of that field. I gotta say I am stoked to play in my proper rated division and stoked to be playing with the dudes in MA3. We are going to have a blast. See you Friday.
                              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X