X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smobro View Post
    That is too bad. Could have made for some killer drama in two divisions instead of a little drama for 10 guys in intermediate and SOL for the rest of that field. I gotta say I am stoked to play in my proper rated division and stoked to be playing with the dudes in MA3. We are going to have a blast. See you Friday.
    Not to mention that, if you play the way you've been playing the last couple of weeks you will be by the end of the weekend.

I'm really that I won't be there to spoil you party.

Comment

predictions?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        The cutoff is 935. On occasion, a TD can allow higher ratings if a player's rating just went over the limit at the last update and the player is competing in a series. I haven't looked to see if this is the case.
        The 940 (BAGGER) did just go above cutoff at last update, and he has been playing MA2 all Oregon series.... I vote to let these guys (who obviously were signed up for the division prior to ratings update) play MA2.

Comment

Originally posted by overstable, underthrown View Post
          The 940 (BAGGER) did just go above cutoff at last update, and he has been playing MA2 all Oregon series.... I vote to let these guys (who obviously were signed up for the division prior to ratings update) play MA2.
          Wow, doesn't that sound familiar....

Comment

That would be allowed only IF the Series Coordinators had submitted a request to the Comp Director before the season started.
            I do not believe that they have done that, but I could be wrong.
            There is also a limit on how many points above the cut off you can be to use that rule. Off hand I do not know that exact number...

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
              That would be allowed only IF the Series Coordinators had submitted a request to the Comp Director before the season started.
              There is also a limit on how many points above the cut off you can be to use that rule. Off hand I do not know that exact number...

Hey, with a couple of the MA2 "baggers" out of the way, I might have a chance. Luckily my rating is still plenty low to justify playing MA2 Next year is a different story. Don't worry, McGrew, we'll get a few rounds in on the same card next year.

Comment

Don't worry, McGrew, we'll get a few rounds in on the same card next year.
                So you're stepping up to open next year?

Actually, the way I'm "playing" I'll probably take at least one more season as an Am (eh hmm...Jeff Mittl)

Comment

See you in MA1 next year! I will see how I feel about playing open, but probably only non-PDGA since I still have hopes of going to AM worlds in the next 2 years. As for this next weekend, I hope for more of rounds than rounds, but would love to play in the final 9. Just gonna play my best and let the discs land where they may.

Comment

Before you guys get too excited about outing folks from one division to another you should realize that MA1 and MA2 are in different pools (different course rotations) and both pools are full with wait lists. If Mike even wants to switch someone from MA2 to MA1 somebody has to be willing to drop from MA1 to MA2. It's not as easy as just telling a bagger or two to move up. It might be easy or it could be a logistical nightmare so those folks might be stuck there.

Either way, don't fear the folks with higher ratings, they know how to have bad rounds too. It will be a whole lot more thrilling to win if you take down a couple baggers along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post

I can see where there could be some confusion from this post so HERE are the true facts, as I know them...

From competition Manual 1 January 2008.........
                      2.2. Exceptions

A. Players are allowed to enter a ratings based division they

would otherwise be ineligible to participate only under the

following circumstances

(1) If approved before the event by the PDGA Tour

Manager.

(2) Players who have become ineligible for a division due

to a ratings update may participate for two weeks

following the update, provided they are pre-registered

for the event in question, at the discretion of the TD.

(3) If competing in an applicable points series (see

Section 2.2 B for specifics)

B. Players may be allowed to enter a ratings based division

they would otherwise be ineligible to participate in as part

of a points Series provided that

(1) The Series Director has contacted the PDGA prior and

received approval from the PDGA Tour Manager.

(2) The Series allows players to stay in the division for the

entire Series.

(3) The player has not competed in a higher division at

any time during the Series.

(4) The player's rating does not exceed 20 points above

the rating ceiling for the division they wish to compete

in.

Remember that the "cut-off" for Am2 is NOW 935...NOT the 915 that it was last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        Not to mention that, if you play the way you've been playing the last couple of weeks you will be by the end of the weekend.

I'm really that I won't be there to spoil you party.
                        Me too brother, me too. It will feel like there is a man down without you there. I will try my best to represent.
                        Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                          Me too brother, me too. It will feel like there is a man down without you there. I will try my best to represent.
                          *clearing throat* uhhhhhhhhhhh with all this talk about Darr, Trozzle, Odom, Smothers, all being in the running aren't we forgetting something? *clearing throat again* uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what about Bob? Might just be time to on the competition and the competition. Bring your A game, big boys, cause I'm planning a ASS WHOOPIN' party for ya'll. See you all on Saturday.

Bob

Comment

What about Bob?

What about Bob? Man that was a corny movie. But throwing with you this weekend Bob, wont be corny at all. Although you may be the "least expected to win", throwing with you is always a pleasure. If you do beat me, it will still be a great time. Just make sure you are well rested so you dont get hurt and have to pul out like you did at Hyzer? Calapooia? I want to make sure you are there for all three rounds, so that we all have a good time together
                            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                              What about Bob? Man that was a corny movie. But throwing with you this weekend Bob, wont be corny at all. Although you may be the "least expected to win", throwing with you is always a pleasure. If you do beat me, it will still be a great time. Just make sure you are well rested so you dont get hurt and have to pul out like you did at Hyzer? Calapooia? I want to make sure you are there for all three rounds, so that we all have a good time together
                              Trozzle, are you seriously crap talking Bob? dude, i happen to know he has been working on a secret weapon in preparation for this event. I would watch your back or he may do you tonya harding style
                              Training to be a bagger

Comment

if Bob has a secret weapon to beat me, you, Darr or Will, I welcome him to pull it off and kick all of our asses. I would love to see Bob show us up and win the division. Now if he is gonna take me out Harding style, I will tell him now to go for my right knee. I got water on the knee, it hurts like hell, but for now I am still able to walk and play alright

And no I wasnt talking crap about Bob. re read it and see that I was giving lots of praise to the chance of playing 3 rounds with him.
                                All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X