X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTLOA Youth and Amateur Tournament - 2nd Annual

My son and I went to yesterday's tournament at Horning's Hideout. It was great. We debated skipping it because the weather looked bad, but as it turns out most of the day was pretty nice. We had a few short showers, but there was a pretty decent turnout for the event.

http://www.ctloa.com/images/stories/.../bsdgh2010.pdf

If you throw discs for fun you'll definitely like this tournament. A few attendees are pretty competitive, but most of us just like throwing discs and having fun in the outdoors. One of the things I really like is I can play with my son (who is 8 years old) and his friends. The boys played really well and most importantly they had FUN!

At the end of the day, my son and I were really happy campers. Normally, I don't win competitions or even simple drawings, but yesterday was very different. I won an Innova portable basket in a putting contest, my son won a cool "Evil Pecker" Fade Gear bag, and like all other attendees we got a couple of free discs (we chose Gateway Illusions). All in all, it was a great day.

I was talking to the guys who organized the event and they are planning to do it again next year. They are also planning on bigger/better prizes. I don't know how they will do that, but I'm definitely going to show up to find out!

Comment

Originally posted by flexifoil21 View Post
      My son and I went to yesterday's tournament at Horning's Hideout. It was great. We debated skipping it because the weather looked bad, but as it turns out most of the day was pretty nice. We had a few short showers, but there was a pretty decent turnout for the event.

http://www.ctloa.com/images/stories/.../bsdgh2010.pdf

If you throw discs for fun you'll definitely like this tournament. A few attendees are pretty competitive, but most of us just like throwing discs and having fun in the outdoors. One of the things I really like is I can play with my son (who is 8 years old) and his friends. The boys played really well and most importantly they had FUN!

At the end of the day, my son and I were really happy campers. Normally, I don't win competitions or even simple drawings, but yesterday was very different. I won an Innova portable basket in a putting contest, my son won a cool "Evil Pecker" Fade Gear bag, and like all other attendees we got a couple of free discs (we chose Gateway Illusions). All in all, it was a great day.

I was talking to the guys who organized the event and they are planning to do it again next year. They are also planning on bigger/better prizes. I don't know how they will do that, but I'm definitely going to show up to find out!
      This sounds like a great tournament, and a great venue for introducing more youth to our sport. It's a shame it wasn't advertised.

Comment

cheap shot

Originally posted by Sam View Post

(insert witty comment here about the discriminatory nature of the BSA...)

(insert any comment here about the discriminatory nature of Sam Gibson...)
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

You're right about advertising Scott - sorry I spaced it and didn't post anything on here before the tournament. I heard about it a few weeks ago when I dropped into CTLOA to replace my son's lightweight Element (he sunk the old one at Trojan). As soon as I hear a date for next years event I'll post it here.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X