Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wash VI

Hello everyone,
    Well, it's less than 2 weeks till The Wash VI. The T-shirts are on the way and the prizes are slowly coming in. The Disc Golf course at Adair will be in the tournament layout for the Willamette Open the following week. So all you golfers, come out and practice for the Open.

Some of you have never been to The Wash so, let me give you a run down of what happens.

First, you show up, make a minimum $20.00 donation to the Linn Benton Food Share and receive a T-shirt. After that, if you want to sit in a lawn chair and do nothing for the rest of the day you can. But, if you want a chance at the best prizes, you will want to play in the golf round starting at 10:00am.

After the round there will be food (more on that later in this message) and I will have a drawing for prizes. The lowest female and male scores will have first pick and the rest will be random. After that, the serious golfers can go back to the course and practice for the Open if you want.

If you decide to stick around, we will playing a Susie Sticks (Fricket, Cups) tournament. Here is a link http://www.fricket.org/basics.shtml with more information about that. This was by far the most exciting and heated competition of the day last year. Start thinking about who you want as a partner.

Finally, if I have any prizes left I will give them away using the Ring of Fire.

Once again adult beverages will be provided by Calapooia Brewing. Mark and Laura from Calapooia are big sponsors of Disc Golf in Oregon and have helped with this event every year.

Food! Well, I was talking about pot luck with previous messages but, thanks to some recent pre-event donations we will be providing the food! LaNoah will be back helping organize the food and it will be similar to last year except instead of sliders for the burgers LaNoah will be making hand patted burgers! We will also have some veggie burgers, dogs, salad, chips, etc and some non alcoholic beverages. Of course if you want to bring something to share, please feel free to do so.

On a serious note. Food banks everywhere are running out of food. On Sept. 20th you have the opportunity to come out and help make a big difference. You might just have a great time too.

Thank you to all of the pre-event sponsors for making this happen.

We will see you all on the 20th!

Eric Smith

Hey all, this event is this Saturday! Just wanted to elevate it in your consciousness(es). Also, the baskets at Adair are in their Saturday positions for WOX, so it's a good opportunity to play the layout, eat free food, and drink Mark's beer!

Comment

Thank you Sarah.

Well I have a bunch of T-shirts and a bunch of prizes and on Saturday we will have food beverages and fun!!!!!!!!

Come on out and practice for the Willamette Open and if you have never played Susie Sticks before, give that a try.

See ya'll on Saturday.

Eric

"Wash out hunger, support your local food bank!"

Comment

Wow!!!!!
        I just spent the last 4 hrs with LaNoah and my mom getting the food ready. Ok, they did most of the work. We have hand patted burgers, potato salad, macaroni salad, baked beans, chocolate chip cookies and probably some items I don't know about. We also have some hot dogs and juice packs for the kids, pop and water.
        The question has been asked about dogs. Yes they are welcome as long as they're owners are well behaved and in control. Seriously, dogs are ok but will not be welcome around the food so, please keep them in control.
        I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and hope to see a bunch of you there.

See you tomorrow

Eric Smith

"Wash out hunger, support your local food bank."

Comment

Just to let you all know, I got beer at my house tonight if you want to chill out and get into the right state of mind and body before the grueling game of suzie sticks tomorrow.

Comment

See Ya'll tomorrow!!!!

E

Comment

Wake up! Wake up!!!!!!!!

The weather looks good here in Corvallis.

Come out to The Wash.

E

Comment

Hello everyone,
                Well The Wash is over for another year and we managed to raise over $1000.00 for the Linn Benton Food Share. The low score winners were Teresa Belliger and Justin Skinnell also, Doug Ulfers sunk an ace on hole 2. After those 3 picked first we had enough prizes to go through the prize drawing twice!
                The Susie Sticks competition was a lot of fun with the young guys Dion Arlyn and Colin Sexton beating the old guys Mike Storrs and Kelly Christiansen in the finals.
                Of course the ring of fire was a lot of fun with some very good and very poor putting being displayed.

I need to once again thank all of the pre-event sponsors for paying for the shirts and food. Because of their donations, all of the money raised on Saturday went directly to the food share.
                I also want to thank Kelly Christiansen for designing the back print for the T-shirts. Kelly and his designs are in great demand and I feel fortunate that he was able to take the time to do this for us. I still have some T-shirts left and will sell them for $15.00 each. All money from T-shirt sales will go directly to the Linn Benton Food Share. I will have some T-shirts with me this weekend at the Willamette Open so, come see me if you want to purchase one or more.

The food! Wow! My mom (Pat Fink) and LaNoah Babcock really came through. I really don't think I have ever had as good of food at a disc golf tournament and I don't think anyone left hungry.

Thank you to everyone who showed up and made a donation.

Thank you all

Eric Smith

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X