Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would have loved to see that Cabal-Mcmahan shootout!
    Training to be a bagger

Comment

• Originally posted by smobro View Post
      would have loved to see that Cabal-Mcmahan shootout!
      You mean Cabal-Tigger shootout

Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

It was epic, Kent! McMAhan dressed as Tigger relished in flipping off random groups of DGer's (or maybe just this particular golfer).

Cabal and his legendary smack talk was on par.

All in all it was a much better show than watching the pro's shoot it out.

Do you have any idea how distracting it can be to putt when a 47 year old man, dressed in a tigger outift walks into your line of sight without ROGLing. Impossible, I tell you. Impossible.

Comment

It was actually closer than the results show. Steve shot a 66 in the afternoon round not a 60, so it was a 4 stroke win. Couldn't quite come all the way back in the afternoon but it was a fun round. I do wish he hadn't kept calling me Pooh all day though. Or was he saying I played like Pooh? I think Tigger is ready to take on the Advanced Masters now. Look out Smo!

Bob

Comment

• Have to echo what Bullseye wrote.

A ton of work went into this event. Great player's pack (mug, disc, shopping bag, etc.). The organizers made a huge push to get plenty of sponsors and the cash raised was considerable.

And it was sobering to see all the memorial signs around the course and think of those who've faced C's great hurdles.

While I always enjoy fat pro payouts (just look at what the WDGC did at the WO, that was sick) I much prefer chances to help, in any small way possible, others who can't get out, can't play a round of DG and would love it, absolutely love it, if their biggest worry for the day was smacking a piece of plastic into a tree and taking an extra stroke or two on a hole.

Those of us who enjoy good health are so lucky. Thanks to the Hope Open staff and volunteers for giving us a chance to count our blessings.
            Last edited by Jim J; November 2nd, 2009, 11:35 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• So now that I've had a moment, it looks like the official number for funds raised for the American Cancer Society is $1,882.75!! Great work everyone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shavonne View Post
                So now that I've had a moment, it looks like the official number for funds raised for the American Cancer Society is $1,882.75!! Great work everyone!!
                Odd, that number resembles Nate's PDGA number of 18824...interesting. I guess he was destined to win and put up a course record rated 1075 (18824 +1075 = $1882.75?)
                Team DISCRAFT
                NW Sign Up
                Gorilla Boy
                Paragon Disc Golf
                Odwalla

Comment

• Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                  Odd, that number resembles Nate's PDGA number of 18824...interesting. I guess he was destined to win and put up a course record rated 1075 (18824 +1075 = $1882.75?)
                  Nice Dion, way to tie it all back together!
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

• You rock! Thanks for helping the fight against cancer. Love that you used one of the NW Am Series names, Hope, feel free to follow suit with Progress and Answers... And keep up the awesome work - it's very much appreciated.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X