X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Disc Golf Championships - September 25-26

This thread is to inform people about the Northwest Disc Golf Championships. We have been forced to have a change of venue due to a Civil War re-enactment this weekend at Milo McIver. The course will be closed to all pubic play.

So, I am actively searching for a new course and would love any input you may have.

What are some of your favorite courses which don't have tournaments this year? Or, have had a tournament but may still be an option....

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. It has been a very long year trying to coordinate and tour. I've definitely learned a lot from this experience and look forward to doing it again next year.

Some of my thoughts are.....Timber, Dabney, Hagg Lake?, a new version of Champeog? ALTON BAKER PARK again?

I think the easiest choice would be to run it at Timber or Dabney, or Both? This would be two courses who did not have a PDGA event this year.

Let me know what you think. Thanks for all the support,

Andrew Rich
    541-225-7265
    Last edited by purediscgolf; September 1st, 2009, 07:54 AM. Reason: Date Change, One Day Event.
    Disc Golf Accessories

Both Timber and Dabney are too dangerous for tournament play, in my opinion. And Hagg is too rough.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I've never understood the "Dabney is dangerous" talk.
      How so?

Besides, Andrew seems to play Dabney fairly well.

Have it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
        How so?
        The bottom half has many holes where the teepad is right in the firing line of another hole.

Comment

I think the best option if we were to play Dabney would be to play Timber also. This would allow us to break the fields up a bit and space out play. That may help with the issues at Dabney. I understand how tight it is out there for tournament.

And, Yes, I do like Dabney. But only when I'm putting lights out. lol I don't think I missed a putt inside 100 ft I had a clean look at that day....
          Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
            How so?
            Ask Tobin Engen how safe he thinks Dabney is. Or Jeremy Fancher.

The lower half of the course is dangerous during casual play. Hole 3/9 can be dangerous during casual play.

Dabney is really not safe and should be reworked somehow.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I vote for Timber or Hornings if you want this event on the North side of things. Otherwise Waterloo (because I missed the tourney there) or Alton Baker (again because I missed the tourney there).
              Team DISCRAFT
              NW Sign Up
              Gorilla Boy
              Paragon Disc Golf
              Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                I vote for Timber or Hornings if you want this event on the North side of things. Otherwise Waterloo (because I missed the tourney there) or Alton Baker (again because I missed the tourney there).
                What about Steilly? I hear they're having some trouble coordinating their final event due to TD issues. It was scheduled for the weekend prior to this.

Just an idea anyway.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I would love to run another event at Alton Baker Park. It was a great success the first time around. This may also booster support for a permanent course here one day. For those of you who did not make it the first time around you will not be disappointed. The course was a great chore in developing. The more I think about it the more I believe this may be the best option. I have always wanted to do my share in developing another course in the Greater Eugene area.

Please let me know your feelings on running this event at Alton Baker Park. It could become one of the premier courses in the Willamette Valley. This would also allow me to tweak the course slightly and solve some minor issues that arose. Showing the Eugene Parks Dept that we are a serious presence out there would be great.

What we need is a HUGE turnout to the City Council meetings here in Eugene. This will be the only way we can achieve a new course IN THE CITY LIMITS. (Eugene currently has no 18 hole courses, a 20 minute drive to Dexter is our only 18 hole option). Thanks for the feedback.
                  Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

There you go, Andrew. I think your latest idea is the best one as there are many of us who missed the Alton Baker park gig and would love to continue to support your venture.

~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I do hereby agree with Mr. Gibson that this would be a fine idea.

Comment

I gotta go with Alton baker as well. Great course and great exposure for anyone who plays and lives in Eugene.
                        Boys! Boys! Nobody owns Cory and Trevor. -Bubbles

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                          By the 25th of September we will have the new course up and running. It will a Gold tee course, with two par fours and a par five. The other course may or may not be upgraded with cement tee pads, but it will have the upgraded targets that will be certified for PDGA play (as in the new course). Just letting you know for an option. later, Bob

Comment

many thanks to Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                              By the 25th of September we will have the new course up and running. It will a Gold tee course, with two par fours and a par five. The other course may or may not be upgraded with cement tee pads, but it will have the upgraded targets that will be certified for PDGA play (as in the new course). Just letting you know for an option. later, Bob
                              Bob -

What are the upgraded targets like?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X