Northwest Disc Golf Championships - September 25-26 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Application Approved for Alton Baker Park

    The City of Eugene Parks Dept has approved our application for the NW Disc Golf Championships at Alton Baker Park.

    This is the same weekend as an Oregon Duck Football game which will cause major traffic issues in the area.

    I have been thinking about making this a ONE DAY C-Tier event on Sunday the 27th of September.

    This would make it easier to come and go into the park. The course is situated less than a 1/4 mile from the Autzen Stadium. Parking will be a nightmare.

    I would love to still make this a 2 Day Event. That is if everyone was willing to walk 1/4-1/2 Mile from Parking to the course and take the bike paths.

    Please let me know some of your thoughts about these developments. I appreciate everyones input while developing more Tournaments and Courses. Thanks

    Andrew Rich
    541-225-7265
    Disc Golf Accessories

    Comment


    • #17
      What time is the Duck game? I can't imagine it would be any earlier than 1:00 PM, with traffic starting to back up a couple of hours before. Wouldn't everyone in the tournament already be parked by then? Assuming a 9:00 AM start time, wouldn't most people be there by 8:30 or earlier?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
        The City of Eugene Parks Dept has approved our application for the NW Disc Golf Championships at Alton Baker Park.

        This is the same weekend as an Oregon Duck Football game which will cause major traffic issues in the area.

        I have been thinking about making this a ONE DAY C-Tier event on Sunday the 27th of September.

        This would make it easier to come and go into the park. The course is situated less than a 1/4 mile from the Autzen Stadium. Parking will be a nightmare.

        I would love to still make this a 2 Day Event. That is if everyone was willing to walk 1/4-1/2 Mile from Parking to the course and take the bike paths.

        Please let me know some of your thoughts about these developments. I appreciate everyones input while developing more Tournaments and Courses. Thanks

        Andrew Rich
        541-225-7265
        Great job, Andrew! Keeping up the profile with the City is going to be crucial as we try to get another course even if it isn't at that location. And I'd love to get some revenge on that course.

        I endorse the idea of the one day Sunday! Mostly because it'd be hard for me to play both days that weekend, but I also think people really like one day events. Whether that's a good thing for a series championship is I suppose another issue that people contending for the series might have a different opinion on.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Scott View Post
          What time is the Duck game? I can't imagine it would be any earlier than 1:00 PM, with traffic starting to back up a couple of hours before. Wouldn't everyone in the tournament already be parked by then? Assuming a 9:00 AM start time, wouldn't most people be there by 8:30 or earlier?
          Yes, that would usually be the case.

          However, The City of Eugene does a $10 parking lot at Alton Baker Park for Duck Home Games. We have discussed roping off an area for Disc Golf Parking. (They have to allow park users to park for free.)

          It sounds like a simple fix if we could use the Boat Ramp Parking also. The only hiccup with that is then at the end of the day the road leading out of the park is directed to SPRINGFIELD only. (For Football Game Traffic Control). This would allow people to only turn right out of the park and go all the way past the stadium through Springfield. If people could park at EWEB across the river then that would help too......

          A one day event may be the easiest way around these issues.

          Although, I would love to expose all those Duck fans to Disc Golf in Alton Baker Park. Most people walk through the park to get to the game. It would not effect the course but would allow them to see us out there throwing Discs.....
          Disc Golf Accessories

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
            Yes, that would usually be the case.

            However, The City of Eugene does a $10 parking lot at Alton Baker Park for Duck Home Games. We have discussed roping off an area for Disc Golf Parking. (They have to allow park users to park for free.)

            It sounds like a simple fix if we could use the Boat Ramp Parking also. The only hiccup with that is then at the end of the day the road leading out of the park is directed to SPRINGFIELD only. (For Football Game Traffic Control). This would allow people to only turn right out of the park and go all the way past the stadium through Springfield. If people could park at EWEB across the river then that would help too......

            A one day event may be the easiest way around these issues.

            Although, I would love to expose all those Duck fans to Disc Golf in Alton Baker Park. Most people walk through the park to get to the game. It would not effect the course but would allow them to see us out there throwing Discs.....
            I'd be more inclined to go if it was NOT on the same day as the football game. Those drunken football fans better be wearing helmets when their drunk asses go stumbling across my fairway.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
              Yes, that would usually be the case.

              However, The City of Eugene does a $10 parking lot at Alton Baker Park for Duck Home Games. We have discussed roping off an area for Disc Golf Parking. (They have to allow park users to park for free.)

              It sounds like a simple fix if we could use the Boat Ramp Parking also. The only hiccup with that is then at the end of the day the road leading out of the park is directed to SPRINGFIELD only. (For Football Game Traffic Control). This would allow people to only turn right out of the park and go all the way past the stadium through Springfield. If people could park at EWEB across the river then that would help too......

              A one day event may be the easiest way around these issues.

              Although, I would love to expose all those Duck fans to Disc Golf in Alton Baker Park. Most people walk through the park to get to the game. It would not effect the course but would allow them to see us out there throwing Discs.....
              Ah, I did not realize there were other issues as well.

              Comment


              • #22
                A one day event sounds great to me.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Decision Made

                  Hey All,
                  In the interest of getting this event off the ground ASAP I have decided to make this a one day C-tier event.

                  The course may be available to play on Saturday if I can round up enough baskets. I would love to be out there playing and tailgating with all the other Duck fans.

                  This way if we have any people interested around the park they could play also. I would be willing to give a clinic in the morning to help new players develop their skills.

                  I will have a flyer ready soon. PDGA signup may be available soon also.
                  Disc Golf Accessories

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The course is looking awesome and the weather will be even better. I hope to see everyone Sunday the 27th at Alton Baker Park in Eugene, OR. The finale of the NW Series and one day PDGA C-tier event to warm up for Willamette Open.

                    No one will be turned away. Signups will be taken Sunday Morning before 8:30 AM. Please show up early and bring your baskets.
                    $52 OPEN
                    $42 ADV/AM
                    $32 Rec/Junior

                    All players will receive a player's pack. Shirts for early registrants. COME EARLY AND GET YOURSELF A SHIRT!!

                    This is a great opportunity to get a new course in the Eugene area. Please come out and show your support, Thanks.

                    Andrew Rich
                    541-225-7265
                    Disc Golf Accessories

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Hey Pure,
                      Thanks for showcasing DG in the heart of Eugene! When will scores be posted? Is there a chance these rounds will make it in the next PDGA update? How come the tournament doesn't show on the PDGA schedule?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        would love to see those scores before you high tail it out of town drew. i'd hate to think that all that money i spent on two barely average rounds of golf that i played wouldn't get rated....
                        ratings, nonetheless, that i'd like to see...
                        May the wind be in your favor...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                          would love to see those scores before you high tail it out of town drew. i'd hate to think that all that money i spent on two barely average rounds of golf that i played wouldn't get rated....
                          ratings, nonetheless, that i'd like to see...

                          Im sure he sent the TD report to the PDGA.

                          Not sure if he plans to upload the reults thru the TD link, which would only give temp ratings anyway.
                          Be patient, It will probably show up on the next update.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I've contacted the PDGA and will have the results up as soon as I get them back from Dion. In all the confusion he took off early with the Leaderboard in tow. Thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting the NW Series. I'll see you all at Willamette Open, my last event in Oregon for the year. Santa Cruz here I come!! PeACE
                            Disc Golf Accessories

                            Comment

                            Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X