Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battle at the bend sep20th

reg is up right now for battle at the bend
    its a c-tier at whistlers bend with an ace race the previous day
    there will be a players party with a keg of mcmenamins brew thats free to all registered players (that are of drinking age of course)
    oh yeah did i mention feldberg is the only open player to reg. so far
    check it out! http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9329

Originally posted by sodrifter View Post
    reg is up right now for battle at the bend
    its a c-tier at whistlers bend with an ace race the previous day
    there will be a players party with a keg of mcmenamins brew thats free to all registered players (that are of drinking age of course)
    oh yeah did i mention feldberg is the only open player to reg. so far
    check it out! http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9329
    Thats cause even Feldberg should be at IcrediBowl that weekend....

Comment

from a neutral perspective since I am out of state. Battle of the Bend has done it's work in the promotions and advertising area while this is the first time I have heard of "IncrediBowl". With further reserch, which I shouldn't have to do, I find out that it is the new name of the tournament happening at Skibowl and is part of the KOM series which I haven't seen much talk about lately. I am sure the KOM series has been doing great, but most people will go to the event most advertised in advance. Battle of the Bend has done this perfectly for the past 3 months. Feldberg is going to the event that captured his attention at BSF, which is Battle of the Bend. And Whistler's versus Skibowl?

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
        from a neutral perspective since I am out of state. Battle of the Bend has done it's work in the promotions and advertising area while this is the first time I have heard of "IncrediBowl". With further reserch, which I shouldn't have to do, I find out that it is the new name of the tournament happening at Skibowl and is part of the KOM series which I haven't seen much talk about lately. I am sure the KOM series has been doing great, but most people will go to the event most advertised in advance. Battle of the Bend has done this perfectly for the past 3 months. Feldberg is going to the event that captured his attention at BSF, which is Battle of the Bend. And Whistler's versus Skibowl?
        Thanks for the research Snap! I thought IcrediBowl was a joke of some kind, I didn't realize it was REALLY an event.

Bob

Comment

anyone that's played any mountain golf this year knows that the KOM series culminates at mt hood ski bowl. perhaps incredibowl has been overshadowed by it's larger and more evil twin, Lava Launch (or Lava Roc, dunno which is right ) which is why it hasn't been as discussed. i'm sure we will see more info after KOM #3...

at any rate, not everyone has played in a KOM so lack of knowledge of the series culmination is bound to happen. pretty sure, though, that it's on pdga AND treeloves glorious calendar of all calendars.
          Last edited by Dr. Zaius; August 19th, 2009, 10:12 AM.
          May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
            I thought IcrediBowl was a joke of some kind, I didn't realize it was REALLY an event.
            Do you folks even READ the calendar? Both events have been listed for quite some time....
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Well the order of custom Zing Minis have arrived... and I must say they went really crazy on this order. The Battle at the Bend minis are SICK!!! check out the pictures!

Again thank you to Roseburg Hydroponics for supporting DGO and our tournament.

And here is a sneak peak at the Hydroponics Minis...

Every Player will receive 2 minis with registration.
              http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                Thats cause even Feldberg should be at IcrediBowl that weekend....
                Just got off the phone with Dave... He is gonna be attending the PDGA Summit the 17-18th so... he's not playing either tournament.

Comment

which brings me to my next point - why did Dave run for the board? He is such an avid/consumate golfer at the top of his game, why slow down and committ to an administrative team? I'm confused...

Battle at the Bend looks sweeet, but I will be busy winning the KOMS!!!
                  Team DISCRAFT
                  NW Sign Up
                  Gorilla Boy
                  Paragon Disc Golf
                  Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by discgolforegon View Post
                    Well the order of custom Zing Minis have arrived... and I must say they went really crazy on this order. The Battle at the Bend minis are SICK!!! check out the pictures!

Again thank you to Roseburg Hydroponics for supporting DGO and our tournament.

And here is a sneak peak at the Hydroponics Minis...

Every Player will receive 2 minis with registration.

The DGO mini looks sick... i want one... but I'm stuck here in town, Gold Pan Open, right here in town, be stupid to drive 7 hours versus 10 minutes... grrrr...

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                      which brings me to my next point - why did Dave run for the board? He is such an avid/consumate golfer at the top of his game, why slow down and committ to an administrative team? I'm confused...

heh yeah... i kinda said the same things to him. But what ya gonna do?

Good luck at the KOMS...

I NEVER had any intention of trying to take people away from that event. Just thought i would run a PDGA sanctioned event here at home for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post

My impression after speaking with Dave during and after the BSF was that he is looking to put his mark on Disc Golf and not just the playing side of it. Dave was very lackadaisical at the BSF and if you know him this is not the case when he is driven to win. If he can find new inspirations in organizing and directing the future of the PDGA then perhaps we will see some amazing and needed changes for the sport. We also may see changes in his play, and his drive to play well!
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

Comment

Please use this thread for all discussion of this tournament.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X