X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hab/Rec Fall Open - October 3

The 8th annual Hab/Rec Fall Open is approaching! Once again, the event is presented by Next Adventure, and it takes place on the first Saturday in October -- Oct 3, 2009. As always it's a one-day event.

Registration is now open.

You can go to http://nextadventure.net/ for registration details. You can sign up online at next's website, or print up the flyer on the website and mail it in, or sign up in person at Next Adventure, corner of SE Stark & Grand.

See you at McIver!

Originally posted by buckley View Post
    The 8th annual Hab/Rec Fall Open is approaching! Once again, the event is presented by Next Adventure, and it takes place on the first Saturday in October -- Oct 3, 2009. As always it's a one-day event.

You can go to http://nextadventure.net/ for registration details. You can sign up online at next's website, or print up the flyer on the website and mail it in, or sign up in person at Next Adventure, corner of SE Stark & Grand.

See you at McIver!

On the same day as the Willamette Open??? Not cool.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Honestly I like the idea of it being on the same day as the WO. since the WO is doing qualifier tourneys this year, it will most likely be filled before any online registration can be opened. Hab Rac on the same day will give those who dont qualify, or who wont make it in for any online registration another chance at a tourney. I know I am gonna get some heat from saying this, but I dont care, I can take it.
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        On the same day as the Willamette Open??? Not cool.
        Id have to agree...VERY BAD move.

Im hoping that it is an oversite..??. AND that the date will be adjusted.
        It is quite possible that they looked at the ORS website and didnt think it would be a conflict.

Knowing the relationship that NextAdventure has with Stumptown.. .. someone, just might be able to "fix" the problem with a little care in the right direction..

Comment

Yeah. Would have to go to WO which would suck. Sorry, Patrick...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The Hab Rec is not a Stumptown event, Patrick Buckley is the owner of the event and has run it for as long as I can remember. If the event has run on the first Saturday of October since it was first run it would bullish to ask Patrick to move.

I am sure something can be worked out, if they end up on the same day so be it!
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

I too hope one of these 2 events changes dates!

Mike's seemingly arbitrary reasons for bouncing the WO date around have never made sense to me. Football games? Historic weather patterns? So what?

On the flip side: Calendar event creation dates:

WO: Created: 2009-01-09 21:14:15
              Hab/Rec: Created: 2009-08-17 23:46:57

I hope this gets worked out amicably.
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by buckley View Post

See you at McIver!
                Same day as WOXI....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I had so much fun at my first Hab/Rec last year, but I'm definitely playing WOXI as it is one of the best tournaments of the year. Please please please.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                  The Hab Rec is not a Stumptown event, Patrick Buckley is the owner of the event and has run it for as long as I can remember. If the event has run on the first Saturday of October since it was first run it would bullish to ask Patrick to move.

I am sure something can be worked out, if they end up on the same day so be it!
                  Regardless of whether Hab-Rec has always been on one particular date or not, the Willamette Open has been on the schedule for a long time. This conflict could have been EASILY avoided since the Hab-Rec date was only announced YESTERDAY.
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                    Regardless of whether Hab-Rec has always been on one particular date or not, the Willamette Open has been on the schedule for a long time. This conflict could have been EASILY avoided since the Hab-Rec date was only announced YESTERDAY.
                    Dont ya just love it when the Disc Golf community works together....

Comment

too soon? or not soon enough????

I could be mistaken but I think there's a thread out there that pertains to this discussion.
                      I'm a firm believer that if a gig has had a specific date/weekend for more than a few years that event should NOT have to change.
                      New events and bounced around event dates should try and fit in as they can.
                      If not, oh well choice is good, it's the choosing that's tough.
                      Are you writing all these dates down Mike?
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                        I could be mistaken but I think there's a thread out there that pertains to this discussion.
                        I'm a firm believer that if a gig has had a specific date/weekend for more than a few years that event should NOT have to change.
                        New events and bounced around event dates should try and fit in as they can.
                        If not, oh well choice is good, it's the choosing that's tough.
                        Are you writing all these dates down Mike?
                        How on earth is a TD in Albany supposed to know that Hab/Rec in Estacada is always the first Saturday in October if it was not on the calendar?

Comment

I'll be at the Willamette Open.
                          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

If an event is held on the same date/weekend each year, it should be easy for the TD to submit the event date well in advance.
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I really hope Patrick decides to change his date. That said, I know that there are flyers out there already (saw one yesterday) and I am thinking that this will be a Hab/Rec that I will sadly miss. Fortunately, there are two other tournaments at Milo this fall.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X