Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are You Really Paying Attention?

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    I talked to Buckley about the possibility of rescheduling Hab-Rec and he is adamant about not having to do so. His position is that he has run this event on the running on the first weekend of October for 7-8 years now and he rightly feels he should not have to reschedule.

Of course, I'm torn on the issue for selfish reasons. I want to play both. Yes, I wish Buckley would have rescheduled Hab-Rec to avoid the Willamette Open since the WO has been on the schedule for months, but he is the TD and since he is doing a ton of work to put the event together, it is his prerogative.

I do hope that TDs who are scheduling future events take into consideration the dates that long running events like the Hab-Rec have "staked out" via years of running on consistent weekends.

Its a real shame these two excellent events directly conflict with each other, but the upside is that there are two great events to choose from... unless the Willamette Open wants to reschedule

I tried people... I really tried.

PS: Gawain put Hab-Rec down on the first weekend of October ad infinitum, so those guys running the Squatter Open in Corvallis don't force this on us again next year
    The Oregon Series final event (Willamette Open since 02) has always been on the first weekend of October or the second weekend of October (except for last year - 08). The WDGC does not want to hold the event on a weekend where there is an Oregon State home football game and that is the principal reason the date has ever been changed.

First weekend of October 01,03,04,06,09
    Second weekend of October 02,05,07
    Last weekend in September 08 (OSU home football games first and second weekend of October last year)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
      The Oregon Series final event (Willamette Open since 02) has always been on the first weekend of October or the second weekend of October (except for last year - 08). The WDGC does not want to hold the event on a weekend where there is an Oregon State home football game and that is the principal reason the date has ever been changed.

First weekend of October 01,03,04,06,09
      Second weekend of October 02,05,07
      Last weekend in September 08 (OSU home football games first and second weekend of October last year)
      It seems a lot of conflicts could be avoided if only OSU would check with the TreeLove Calendar before scheduling their stupid football games.

Bob

Comment

I too love the Hab/Rec and am glad I will be playing again this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
          Im sure that lots of people are upset about not being able to play both. But I totally respect Patrick and Brian's plan to keep it on as scheduled. Many many people are not going to get into the WO due to the qualifier thing.
          Uh... this shows a blatant misunderstanding of what is actually happening.

Expect about ~110 people to fill up the WOXI with pre-qualified people - and figure about 80 people will get their money in by the end of September. That still leaves 136 spots open for the WOXI.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Instead of "Qualifier" let's call it "Opportunifier"!
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Sounded good in here!

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
              Actually it's WOXI, how do you pronounce that, that prob be a cool rap thing to say during the tournament... woxi woxi... playing at the woxi woxi, woxi bounce woxi... ahhh dang Deaf people can rap too... just not very good...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Uh... this shows a blatant misunderstanding of what is actually happening.

Expect about ~110 people to fill up the WOXI with pre-qualified people - and figure about 80 people will get their money in by the end of September. That still leaves 136 spots open for the WOXI.
                Huh.....That must be how the Dodgers (Dodgers SUCK) do the math to figure out how many games will be left when they once again disappoint their fans with a "Crumble", as always......

So if 110 people sign up at the "Qualifiers" and there are still 136 spots......

That would say that WOXI can hold 246 players? not counting the other 80 by end of Sept. ?????

Comment

I was trying to figure out that math too, but gave up. There was 162 players last year at the WO. unless another course is added this year, there is no way 246 people could play this event.

Regardless of the numbers, the event is going to be close to full with the qualifiers, and will easily fill up completely once online reg is open, so therefore, another tourney up here in the Portland area on the same day is not a big deal at all. Both tourneys are great and many including myself would love to play both, but that cant happen.
                  All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Is hab-rec going to be sanctioned?
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

216 at the WOXI this year, I believe. About 110 people will attend qualifiers. Of those 110, say 80 people pay by the deadline for qualifiers. That still leaves 136 spots for the tournament.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

ok, i se how your math works now. thanks Sam. Regardless, the WO is gonna fill, leaving many no tourney to play that weekend, and since this thread is about Hab Rec, I hope to see both tourneys fill up.

Comment

I bet they both do.

Chris, in years past Hab/Rec has not been sanctioned. I do not believe it is this year, either, though NA is throwing a C-tier this weekend I am enjoying very much.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

lead card huh Sam? very nice

Comment

Well the flip-flop of WOXI this year has placed it on a weekend that I am unable to be out of town. Lucky for me that I will finally get to play the Hab/Rec tourney since it is only one day AND on Saturday.

Did anyone sign up for this online? Did you pay the $5 shipping charge? I sure won't, although I probably wasn't very nice to the webmaster about the whole deal...
                              Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                              Or does here stand the last remaining man
                              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

What is the course layout 27, two 18 courses, or one 18 layout played twice? I have only played the course in BSF form.
                                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X