Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could look at it this way, Sam. If it rains, you won't have to worry about attending anyways.
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

That wasn't rain. That was some biblical kinda downpour. I don't do biblical.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Yes, we are all aware that you don't do biblical. Ha!
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

I had a blast at my first hab rec last year. It is a bummer I will miss it this year. I will be at the Willamette open.

Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

damm have not missed one hab/rec since the begining!!! no. 8 maybe the one i finally miss.i have not sign up for the w.o. yet but have played a qualifer. crap, crap, crap. will have to make up my mind.

Comment

I talked to Buckley about the possibility of rescheduling Hab-Rec and he is adamant about not having to do so. His position is that he has run this event on the running on the first weekend of October for 7-8 years now and he rightly feels he should not have to reschedule.

Of course, I'm torn on the issue for selfish reasons. I want to play both. Yes, I wish Buckley would have rescheduled Hab-Rec to avoid the Willamette Open since the WO has been on the schedule for months, but he is the TD and since he is doing a ton of work to put the event together, it is his prerogative.

I do hope that TDs who are scheduling future events take into consideration the dates that long running events like the Hab-Rec have "staked out" via years of running on consistent weekends.

Its a real shame these two excellent events directly conflict with each other, but the upside is that there are two great events to choose from... unless the Willamette Open wants to reschedule

I tried people... I really tried.

PS: Gawain put Hab-Rec down on the first weekend of October ad infinitum, so those guys running the Squatter Open in Corvallis don't force this on us again next year
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

1. I don't officially add any event to the calendar unless someone requests it in writing. UNOFFICALLY, I am adding events all the time. I may stop doing that soon.

2. Patrick DID ask me to post the Hab/Rec during the BSF, but I forgot his verbal request.

3. Patrick DID just submit the Hab/Rec dates for the next ten years, and they are on the calendar.

4. The Willamette Open is notorious for changing its dates for rather arbitrary reasons.

5. There is nothing official about my calendar; I just try to keep it as accurate as possible.

6. I too hope the date of one of these event dates gets changed, for my personal benefit, but I am confident both will fill, even if held on the same day.
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Neither event will change dates. I spoke with Brian the other day (not the religious one, the Next Adventure one) and he said that Patrick had asked him if they could change it and Brian said no. His reasoning being that this has been the traditional weekend for Hab/Rec, it's on his calendar and he doesn't want to change it. I do not fault him for that.

The crappy part is that you now have to choose which event to attend. The good part is that you now GET to choose which event to attend.

Let's stay positive and help both events be the best that they can be.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The only reason the Willamette Open has gotten changed the last few years is that the ORS staff habitually chose dates that were stupid for travel in this area. Anyone who lives in the Corvallis area can understand why a tournament the same weekend as a home game is a bad idea. If they had asked the TD each of those years before announcing a date, that never would have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Neither event will change dates. I spoke with Brian the other day (not the religious one, the Next Adventure one) and he said that Patrick had asked him if they could change it and Brian said no. His reasoning being that this has been the traditional weekend for Hab/Rec, it's on his calendar and he doesn't want to change it. I do not fault him for that.

The crappy part is that you now have to choose which event to attend. The good part is that you now GET to choose which event to attend.

Let's stay positive and help both events be the best that they can be.

I am definitely sad. Hab-Rec is my favorite one day tourney ever. But I have been to every Willamette Open since I started playing disc golf (and my doubles partner runs the tournament). WOXI must be my choice. Have fun at the Hab-Rec everyone, it is a FANTASTIC tourney.

Comment

I really love Hab/Rec too and I'm super sad we have to miss it this year!

Comment

Im sure that lots of people are upset about not being able to play both. But I totally respect Patrick and Brian's plan to keep it on as scheduled. Many many people are not going to get into the WO due to the qualifier thing. This will give those new to tourney play, and those shut ouot of the WO to still play a tourney somewhere. Both are amazingly great tourneys and would love to play them both too. But, I doubt I can make the WO, and am very glad that Hab Rec is going to be there for me. This sport is growing huge, especially around here, conflicts are going to become more and more common.
                          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

The Wash is hardly ever on the same date. I try not to schedule it on the same day as a Beaver game local festival event or a major local (Oregon) tournament. The way I find out when the tournaments are is by looking at Treelove's calender. I would never presume a tournament will be held the same day as the year before when tournaments (including long running) get canceled.

I think having a big one day tournament the same weekend as a big 2 day is a great idea. Some people can't commit to the entire weekend of golf.

The Willamette Open will be huge. I guessing that most of the participants will be people who can't make it to a qualifier. The only way you won't get into the Willamette Open is by not signing up. Or, sitting on your ass until the last minute. Send a check now and be one of the first people signed up after the qualifiers.

However, since this the Hab/Rec Fall Open thread, sign up for that instead.

E

Comment

Well I personally hate the Hab/Rec and think its a crummy event! Haha, gotcha. I actually really like the H/R a lot as well, but for obvious reasons I am committed to the WO. Hope everything goes well with both events, I'm sure they will both be great successes!

Dion

ps - How many years has the Hab/Rec been played? This is WO11
                              Team DISCRAFT
                              NW Sign Up
                              Gorilla Boy
                              Paragon Disc Golf
                              Odwalla

Comment

Actually it's WOXI, how do you pronounce that, that prob be a cool rap thing to say during the tournament... woxi woxi... playing at the woxi woxi, woxi bounce woxi... ahhh dang Deaf people can rap too... just not very good...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X