X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thadeouspage View Post
    Does anyone know if the tournament baskets are still up, and if so, might they be tomorrow as well?
    As of tuesday afternoon they were still up.

Buckley, Thanks for the detailed explanation of the usage conflict with the tournament holes. It is true that during the summer many of the temp holes overlap with picnickers and river goers, but it is great to play the two 18s whenever possible. On occasion I have had to skip holes such as 1W when the area was reserved for group picnics.

Comment

• Cool, I like Sidewinders. We had 4 players in Women's Intermediate. Two won script and the other two won ctp prizes. So we all won something besides a fun day of golf at Milo.
      "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

• Results will be up next week.

I found a red Nike hoodie and a Hab/Rec long sleeve both at the base of a tree by tourney central.

Comment

• Just wondering what other people think. Going off of what Buckly said about the Am tees playing 8-10 strokes easier, I estimated my round ratings to about a 900 for a 61 on the East and about an 870 for a 66 on the West. Sound about right?
          Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

• No way Am tees play 8-10 strokes easier. For people who normally play the Long tees, the Am tees are a different course. I have never played them before so for me they were harder. I would say the par 4 and par 5's play one stroke easier with the exception of 2 of them.

In many cases "shorter" to the pin does not equal easier. Many of those tees are more awkward than the long placements.

Also another factor that no one has mentioned is that most of the Am tees are way more slippery. They are not used as much and they played in that very awkward "in between" wet and dry texture. They have much more moss and mildew on them and since they don't get played as much they were way more slippery.

I would much rather play from a longer dry tee than a shorter slippery tee.

I would say the Am tees are only really 4-5 strokes easier.
            Steve
            http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

Comment

• I'm going to have to disagree Steve, the am tees play much much easier than the pro. I can see many many more birdie ops from the am tees. And I have played most of them during casual rounds.

Comment

• I don't know, I didn't feel that the tees made much of a difference. But I do agree that shorter doesn't always equal easier and would think that the am tees played about 7-8 strokes easier. (Although I've only played 18 of the original 27 from the long tees.)

Comment

• Steve, I've never noticed a difference in footing between am and pro tees, and I play them both equally as often. With the cold dampness in the air that day, I'm pretty sure all concrete tees could have had that awkward texture to them in the morning, or all day if in the shade. But just because I don't notice it doesn't mean it's not there. Perhaps that's a factor I should consider, especially from a maintenance perspective! For now, for the purposes of this discussion, I'm going to have to ignore it, especially since runnaman says he doesn't notice it either.

Also, I could see how inexperience from the am tees would be a factor in scoring, but when you're comparing the relative difficulty of courses, you have to approach it from an all-else-equal perspective. It's hard to assign a stroke value based on how many times you've played one course relative to how many times you've played the other.

Steve, you shot a 60 and a 62 from the am tees, averaging 61. You would have averaged about a 70 for 18 holes from the pro tees that day. Or maybe since you're more familiar with the pro tees, you would have averaged a 68. If you break down each hole and assess the difference between am and pro, each course comes out to 7 or 8 strokes difference (great estimate runnaman) A lot of the holes have a half stroke difference due to higher frequency of birdie ops from the am tees and/or less risky shot from the am tees. The distance itself is not the deciding factor. It's the average resulting score.

The reason it's actually 8-10 strokes difference is because the pro courses seem to wear you down more than the am courses, so a couple of ghost strokes just seem to add up along the way. I have a lot of empirical data to back this up, but don't ask me to post it because that would be a LOT of work if not impossible. It's not really compiled data, it's just from playing the different courses a lot with others and analyzing it. I'm telling you it's 8-10 strokes difference on average.

A good example would be Coury Coates, the pro winner who shot a 56 on each course. He is highly consistent, and I know he would have shot a 47 on each am course the way he was playing that day.

That would be cool if I could get more data points from others who play both courses. Maybe we could hone in a better number than my best 8-10 stroke estimate.

By the way, I emailed the results to Next, so they should be up as soon as the webmaster can do it. I'll post a link here.

Comment

• Sweet, thanks buckley.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X