too soon ? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • too soon ?

    Greetings disc golf enthusiasts.
    First off I want to thank Andrew for starting the NWS up again.
    I think his vision will happen.
    Kudos also to the folks who are keeping the ORS afloat.
    Would it be too soon to start planning next years schedule for the Oregon Series, NWS and some of the other popular misc. types including non PDGA sanctioned gigs?
    I currently have the SOWS XIV schedule completed with two of them possibly being PDGA sanctioned.
    There has been talk about the UDA hosting the GNO, if this is going to be more than talk I'd like to get the putt going asap.
    Are you ready to grab a gear Magilla?
    Looking forward to all of your replies.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

  • #2
    Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
    Greetings disc golf enthusiasts.
    First off I want to thank Andrew for starting the NWS up again.
    I think his vision will happen.
    Kudos also to the folks who are keeping the ORS afloat.
    Would it be too soon to start planning next years schedule for the Oregon Series, NWS and some of the other popular misc. types including non PDGA sanctioned gigs?
    I currently have the SOWS XIV schedule completed with two of them possibly being PDGA sanctioned.
    There has been talk about the UDA hosting the GNO, if this is going to be more than talk I'd like to get the putt going asap.
    Are you ready to grab a gear Magilla?
    Looking forward to all of your replies.
    I don't think is too soon at all. Stumptown TD's are already talking next seasons BSF and RCO. I'd be excited as all heck to see the UDA take on the GNO. Tonight Stumptown has on the agenda the topic of our Winter Series including the Membership Drive Tournament on December 5.

    Lets gitt'r going!

    Bob

    Comment


    • #3
      The sooner the better but their needs to be some acceptable amount of change given that we are dealing with a national schedule with the Beaver State Fling NT and possible Rose City Open if it makes the A-Tier ranks this next year.

      I like the idea of Oregon Disc Golf groups or clubs working with the PDGA coordinator to setup a bullet proof schedule for competitive events in Oregon whether they are PDGA sanctioned or not.

      I also am very excited to have clubs run the events in their local areas. Club run events lighten the load on individual TD's or remote hosting clubs and allow the clubs to earn funds to help support the local disc golf scene and sustain their courses.

      I think 2010 will be a great disc golf year in Oregon so get involved and be a part of your local club!
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

      Comment


      • #4
        A centralized event calendar is helpful when trying to coordinate event scheduling. I suggest all planned event dates be submitted to www.nwdiscgolf.info. Then TDs can refer to the calendar there when scheduling. TDs may email their submissions to treelove@nwdiscgolf.info.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Planning Ahead

          It's not too soon at all Yose.

          The DGCA lost out on using Timber Linn this year as the park was reserved by another big group before we tried to reserve it. Well not in 2010 as we have booked Bryant and Timber Linn parks for the 2010 Calapooia Classic. It will be held on August 14th & 15th 2010 using Bryant, Timber Linn and Waterloo.
          It is has been confirmed by our State Coordinator.
          Last edited by Dave Pittman; August 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM. Reason: Spelling

          Comment


          • #6
            Not saying the 2010 calendar should be secret but It should be (at least for awhile). A password only forum here would be fine

            It should only be available to series coordinators and TD's from this year in the NW. Then the dates can be worked out in Private, made public at the same time and available early enough (late 09) for planning the upcoming year.

            By having this in private each club/TD can share info at club meetings. Solicit feedback and maybe increase participation.

            Already There is an issue Aug 15-16 is JWO here.

            Now The Tac is a lot less overbooked the the Albany area venues so that's something that can be worked out.

            I have also heard of some non one dayers proposed
            Maybe one weekend each month could be designated as Local Only.

            Andrew you should look at all the NW events from this year as possible future series participants. Regional evaluation process to help decide. Again here open to all who played Maybe password posted at event only


            The other thing is the Finincial drain two National Events has on the NW. It would be nice if there was some sort of rotation between states and even between venues in each state.

            You know Share the burden, increase the support.
            Last edited by LJ Jubner; August 17th, 2009, 12:06 PM. Reason: added thought in bold
            rewindb.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
              Already There is an issue Aug 15-16 is JWO here.
              Is that a calendar event entry submission? Aug 15-16, 2010 is a Sunday and a Monday...

              ???
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                I currently have the SOWS XIV schedule completed
                May I have it please? I would like to add it to the calendar...
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                  Greetings disc golf enthusiasts.
                  First off I want to thank Andrew for starting the NWS up again.
                  I think his vision will happen.
                  Kudos also to the folks who are keeping the ORS afloat.
                  Would it be too soon to start planning next years schedule for the Oregon Series, NWS and some of the other popular misc. types including non PDGA sanctioned gigs?
                  I currently have the SOWS XIV schedule completed with two of them possibly being PDGA sanctioned.
                  There has been talk about the UDA hosting the GNO, if this is going to be more than talk I'd like to get the putt going asap.
                  Are you ready to grab a gear Magilla?
                  Looking forward to all of your replies.


                  Its NEVER too early....BUT until the PDGA does the NT & Major schedules AND releases them to the State Coordinator (Me) NOTHING can be finalized, since those events take priority.

                  I have asked that ALL event TD's (sanctioned or not) send me dates of events so that I could track ALL events in the region to avoid conflicts where possible.
                  ALL TD's of PDGA events MUST submit requested dates to your state coordinator to be approved for sanctioning. This is a PDGA requirement.
                  Only BSF locally is dealt with on a higher level....

                  The schedule is only going to get tighter next season with "some" events going to the Pro & Am seperate weekend format. This will allow for some HUGE AM fields and give higher level AMs an opportunity to step up now & then to "test the waters"


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    lots of whiskers/seniority

                    Most of the 'more popular' events have been held on or around the same date/weekend for years which should make certain parts easier.
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    - Anonymous

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      May 8-9, 2010 will be a PDGA sanctioned fundraiser for Camp Taloali and the Jerry Miller Disc Golf Course as well. Will fill out paper work and submit soon. This will be 2 courses. Reserving the campground from May 6-10 for those who want to come early and leave late and enjoy the other things the Camp has to offer. I'll list the details on my own forum thread... But I pray that no one else conflicts with this weekend because I would like 144-152 players there!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mag's Treeloves calendar is also a great resource
                        rewindb.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                          Mag's Treeloves calendar is also a great resource
                          I have always supported "Treelove's Calendar"...and use it myself.

                          But as I said....NOTHING is definate UNTIL, I approve the date, as far as PDGA events go. Once I get them and set the date I usually forward them to Treelove.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                            May 8-9, 2010 will be a PDGA sanctioned fundraiser for Camp Taloali and the Jerry Miller Disc Golf Course as well. Will fill out paper work and submit soon. This will be 2 courses. Reserving the campground from May 6-10 for those who want to come early and leave late and enjoy the other things the Camp has to offer. I'll list the details on my own forum thread... But I pray that no one else conflicts with this weekend because I would like 144-152 players there!
                            That time frame is awfully close to the Masters Cup - BSF swing....
                            Id hold off on finalizing those dates until we hear more from the PDGA.....

                            The PDGA will not even accept your event form until they release the 2010 form.....which will not be until Oct at earliest.
                            Plan away BUT do not put all your eggs into one basket just yet.........

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
                              It's not too soon at all Yose.

                              The DGCA lost out on using Timber Linn this year as the park was reserved by another big group before we tried to reserve it. Well not in 2010 as we have booked Bryant and Timber Linn parks for the 2010 Calapooia Classic. It will be held on August 14th & 15th 2010 using Bryant, Timber Linn and Waterloo.
                              It is has been confirmed by our State Coordinator.
                              Calapooia HAS been "penciled in" for those dates.....

                              That time frame is VERY close to World's traditionally......This year was the earliest that PRO World's has been in my memory. I can't seem to find the exact dates for next years worlds any where.
                              A conflict there would be the only issue.......

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X