X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
    Calapooia HAS been "penciled in" for those dates.....

That time frame is VERY close to World's traditionally......This year was the earliest that PRO World's has been in my memory. I can't seem to find the exact dates for next years worlds any where.
    A conflict there would be the only issue.......

The Worlds dates are unsure, Chuck K. was making a comment about it on the PDGA website but indicated that it was not secured yet.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

That time frame is VERY close to World's traditionally......This year was the earliest that PRO World's has been in my memory. I can't seem to find the exact dates for next years worlds any where.

Not much of an issue, is it? Plenty of sanctioned tournaments happening during World's right?

Comment

That time frame is awfully close to the Masters Cup - BSF swing....
        Id hold off on finalizing those dates until we hear more from the PDGA.....

The PDGA will not even accept your event form until they release the 2010 form.....which will not be until Oct at earliest.
        Plan away BUT do not put all your eggs into one basket just yet.........

The dates are not in stone and yes I am paying attention to the NT schedule since I will attend at least 3 of them, 2 of them being Masters Cup and BSF of course. Once that schedule is released then the date of my fundraiser tournament will be released less than a week after the NT schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
          Not much of an issue, is it? Plenty of sanctioned tournaments happening during World's right?

IMO, IF you schedule an event during world's....
          1. You dont give a crap about your regions best & most dedicated players..
          2. Your an IDIOT
          3. Refer to #2

I suppose a 1 day C-Tier wouldn't be that big a deal, BUT anything that has been established AND has regional draw SHOULD NOT be scheduled to conflict with World's....especially IF it is involved with a Points Series (which we would hope to have up an running again next year)

Comment

Mags my comment was aimed more towards contacts for events already in place.
            rewindb.com

Comment

Whoa Dave

Sorry about jumping the 'gun' Mike.

I'll talk to Scott about reserving the parks for the previous weekend as well so we have some flexibility in the schedule. He's the one in 'tune' with the City of Albany parks department. I'm the overzealous messenger...

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                Mags my comment was aimed more towards contacts for events already in place.
                I wasnt "aiming" my post at anyone in particular......

Just a general statement, using my own personal experience with the woes of scheduling.
                Ive seen, heard AND experienced the joys of trying to make everyone happy with a schedule that has the least number of conflicts.
                Im tired of "tooting" my own horn about the "experience" I have in this area.
                All I ask is that ALL TD's, not just sanctioned events, coordinate thru me when scheduling events. I have the "Big Picture" calendar and can "help" events get into a time slot that would most benefit the TD & the players.
                Of course, I have NO AUTHORITY over non-PDGA events and those TD's can still do what ever they want. All I can do is "ask" that they check with me.

But WHY would they want to have conflict?
                Wouldnt they want MORE players to be able to attend?
                Wouldnt they want to see the BEST competition possible take place?

IMO, If they dont care if the best players are able to attend then it's about the $, NOT the sport.

Back on the World's conflict scheduling...

An AM Only during PRO World's or vise versa wouldnt be an issue.........

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
                  Sorry about jumping the 'gun' Mike.

I'll talk to Scott about reserving the parks for the previous weekend as well so we have some flexibility in the schedule. He's the one in 'tune' with the City of Albany parks department. I'm the overzealous messenger...
                  No.........Do Not get me wrong......

I am NOT trying to keep TD's from starting to schedule dates for next year.
                  I just want to be very up front with WHAT needs to happen first before ANYTHING can be set in stone.
                  I wish that I was able to deal with it this early in the year. THAT would be awesome.
                  I still want to start a "tentative" schedule that can easily be worked off of when I am able to "approve" dates.

Comment

IMO, IF you schedule an event during world's....
                    1. You dont give a crap about your regions best & most dedicated players..
                    2. Your an IDIOT
                    3. Refer to #2

I suppose a 1 day C-Tier wouldn't be that big a deal, BUT anything that has been established AND has regional draw SHOULD NOT be scheduled to conflict with World's....especially IF it is involved with a Points Series (which we would hope to have up an running again next year)

Hey we have a points series up and running this year it just is a little different. Here is a link to the points thread Oregon Series Points
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                      Hey we have a points series up and running this year it just is a little different. Here is a link to the points thread Oregon Series Points
                      OK, you got me..........

You know what I meant.....

By the way..Thanks for doing that....

Comment

and i hope it continues next year with everyone's constant contributions! Maybe we can add some tournaments to an overall points series? You know what I'm thinking....

Comment

No.........Do Not get me wrong......

I am NOT trying to keep TD's from starting to schedule dates for next year.
                          I just want to be very up front with WHAT needs to happen first before ANYTHING can be set in stone.
                          I wish that I was able to deal with it this early in the year. THAT would be awesome.
                          I still want to start a "tentative" schedule that can easily be worked off of when I am able to "approve" dates.

Ok, I'll say this once and only once, don't ever ask me to repeat myself, it just hurts too much!

I agree totally with Mike here! There I SAID it!

Bob

Comment

oh man.... that hurt my eyes... that was brutal to read...

Comment

WBDS "BP" check in.............this taint tenative t'all

I wasnt "aiming" my post at anyone in particular......

Just a general statement, using my own personal experience with the woes of scheduling.
                              Ive seen, heard AND experienced the joys of trying to make everyone happy with a schedule that has the least number of conflicts.
                              Im tired of "tooting" my own horn about the "experience" I have in this area.
                              All I ask is that ALL TD's, not just sanctioned events, coordinate thru me when scheduling events. I have the "Big Picture" calendar and can "help" events get into a time slot that would most benefit the TD & the players.
                              Of course, I have NO AUTHORITY over non-PDGA events and those TD's can still do what ever they want. All I can do is "ask" that they check with me.

But WHY would they want to have conflict?
                              Wouldnt they want MORE players to be able to attend?
                              Wouldnt they want to see the BEST competition possible take place?

IMO, If they dont care if the best players are able to attend then it's about the $, NOT the sport.

Back on the World's conflict scheduling...

An AM Only during PRO World's or vise versa wouldnt be an issue.........

Here is a confirmed event and dates that a few folks might like to see on the "Big Picture" calendar.
                              Roseburg Lions Club Whistlers Bend Doubles Shootout
                              (shoutout for the Shootout)
                              June 4-5-6, 2010
                              Whistlers Bend DGC
                              Roseburg, (not Glide) Oregon
                              non PDGA sanctioned

Mike,
                              Can we all see your "BP" calendar?
                              Also, who is they?
                              Last edited by Flatroc; August 19th, 2009, 06:45 PM. Reason: CAPITALIZATION
                              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                              - Anonymous

Comment

bumpdiddy bump/tail twister

yose wrote:
                                Have you done this big feller?
                                If so can you post it?
                                Or is still too soon?
                                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                                - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X