• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Oregon Series Points

Here are the updated points before the Calapooia Classic:

2009 Oregon Series Points for Pro

2009 Oregon Series Points for Advanced Amateur

2009 Oregon Series Points for Amateur

If you have any questions or you notice mistakes please let me know. Please reserve the posting in this thread to direct question and answers. If you are wondering how the points are calculated or how the winners are determined feel free to ask.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Rules for Points

Rules for points:
    1. Points will be awarded based on play within division
    2. No points will be awarded for attending
    3. No points will be awarded for DNF
    4. Points are only awarded for regular play; final 9ís do no count toward your points for the event. Points can only be fairly awarded if everyone in your division plays the round.
    5. Champion is crowned based on best 4 Point totals in the division
    6. If the result of the 4 best point totals leaves a tie for first place in the division, the tie breakers will happen as follows:
    a. Number of First Place finishes
    b. Number of wins versus each other in same events played
    c. Number of Events played
    d. If Number of Events played is the same, total overall points for all events
    e. If a tie still exists, a putt off will determine the winner
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
      Here are the updated points before the Calapooia Classic:

2009 Oregon Series Points for Pro

2009 Oregon Series Points for Advanced Amateur

2009 Oregon Series Points for Amateur

If you have any questions or you notice mistakes please let me know. Please reserve the posting in this thread to direct question and answers. If you are wondering how the points are calculated or how the winners are determined feel free to ask.

How come FM1 has not been updated?

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Calculating Points

Calculating Points for an Event:

Points are based on a maximum of 100 total points, with points descending from 100 based on play against the winner of the division. The points are not based on whole integer values and can be decimal values. There is no limitation on divisional sizes, like in a top down scoring fashion. Ties are severely reduced by allowing accuracy to 2 decimal places.
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

Points Updated to include Calapooia

Here are the point updates to include the Calapooia Classic this past weekend in Albany:

2009 Pro Oregon Series Points

2009 Adv Oregon Series Points

2009 AM Oregon Series Points
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

hey mike for rose city cory coats got 4 and i got 2 just to let you know it could change standings

Comment

i saw that too, but the points do not take into account the FINAL 9. so yes, you beat him, but oddly you get less points (after three rounds he was ahead). That is, assuming I know what I'm talking about.
              Team DISCRAFT
              NW Sign Up
              Gorilla Boy
              Paragon Disc Golf
              Odwalla

Comment

Final 9's can not be taken into account due to the nature of the final 9. The points are based on the play of the people in your division so therefore it must be a round that everyone plays in.

I am thinking of changing that next year but this year only regular rounds are considered. Much like final 9 rounds are not rated neither are they counted in the overall points. I am not a fan of final 9's purely from the standpoint that they are so different from the regular rounds. Sure they allow a player to make a mad dash for the front but usually only on a modified layout from the layouts used in regular play. Sure you might be able to shred the final 9 layout but since others in your division might have also been able to shred it and gain place but were not included in the format due to space I choose not to include the scores in the points calculation.

James, I think the 2nd place finish is more enjoyable for you from a cashing standpoint though! Also your score should be reflective of the 3 rounds that you played.

This is also covered in the Rules in the second post.
                Last edited by Flash; August 27th, 2009, 02:34 PM.
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

Maybe a point for being in the final 9? 1 for 4th, 2 for 3rd, 3 for 2nd and 4 for 1st?

I don't know... I am just bored.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Maybe a point for being in the final 9? 1 for 4th, 2 for 3rd, 3 for 2nd and 4 for 1st?

I don't know... I am just bored.
                    Its a good idea and I am accepting all ideas, I also thought to add the worst score in the final 9 to every player not playing in the final 9 to calculate the points out but that just seems unfair. The thing about adding in points to the mix is the winner then would achieve a score higher than 100 points so I am not sure I like that but I bet something could be worked out to make it slick.

I have dropped the 1 point for attending this year to maximize more of the Champion determination on the play not the signing up.
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

Comment

I just hope this situation does not become a factor in end of series payout.... lets see...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                        I just hope this situation does not become a factor in end of series payout.... lets see...
                        What do you mean it was clearly stated before the points were announced so it clearly does not effect the points regardless.
                        Last edited by Flash; August 28th, 2009, 08:53 AM.
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

Comment

is there payout this year?
                          Team DISCRAFT
                          NW Sign Up
                          Gorilla Boy
                          Paragon Disc Golf
                          Odwalla

Comment

I just mean if one of them should've, could've, would've related to points based on different place scores from final 9's etc bsbs... and I was assuming there is a series payout no? I guess maybe Flash just doing the points out of his good nature?

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                              is there payout this year?
                              Payout from What?

Actually I have been in contact with the clubs to see if any of them are interested in supporting end of year awards and such. If you are interested and belong to a club in Oregon let them know how you feel. I don't think I could afford it out of my pocket.
                              PDGA #25296
                              Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X