Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornings Hideout 25th Anniversary (9/20-9/21)

I just received this email from Hornings Hideout.

Sounds like a good time.

Hi to all our friends!! Believe it or not, we've been around as a park for 25 years! To celebrate we're going to have a fun party event here, featuring a several bands, disc golf tournaments (both day and night), some fire dancing and just plain fun. We will be soon selling tickets to both get an idea of how many folks to prepare for and to also limit it so it doesn’t get too big. Tickets for all of it, one night of camping a couple days of music, will be just $25 (to go with 25 years!!). Also, those who sign up for the disc golf tournaments will get a 25 year anniversary disc (cost for tournament to be announced soon). Even for those that don't want to be in the tournaments, the course(s) will still be open to every one to play (trying to get the second course in by then). We’re just now cementing everything, so this is a heads up so you can keep the date open. Both the line ups and when the tickets go on sale will be coming soon! Thanks, Bob

Did he mention a date?

Comment

Never mind. I just checked the website. September 20th and 21st.

Comment

oops....I forgot he only mentions the date in the email title.

Thanks Scott

Comment

Sounds like fun, but Karen's due date is the 27th, so there is no way I would be able to be gone overnight
          "Putt" is a four letter word

Comment

I've been editing the thread titles in the "Upcoming Events" section to include the dates...
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Thanks Adam

Comment

Just received this update the other day

Hi Everyone, Here at Horning’s we are excited to announce our very fun line up for our 25th year anniversary party commencing on September 20th. Head lining the event will be the Piano Throwers, featuring Steve Berlin. See below for a description of the treat you’ll be in for with the Piano Throwers. Also joining us will be the following great, fun bands: 5 String Short, Black Lodge, Boondogel, Bucyrus Erie, Cabezon, Garcia Birthday Band, Jacob Merlin Band, Mars Retrieval Unit, Nasty Bitches, Papagaiyo, Roads Less Traveled, Sauce Policy, Special Guest, Sunchild Band, Tapwater, The Rhinestoners, Tree Thuggers, Twice Baked, Vivid Curve and Woodknot. The cost for two days of music and camping will be only $25 (in celebration of our 25 years). Schedule of events are as follows: Doors will open at 9 AM on Saturday, September 20th. Music will begin at 12 PM, noon, and go till 10 PM followed by fire dancing. On Sunday music will be from noon till 4 PM. During both days we will also have a doubles Frisbee disc golf tournament going on, though you don’t have to be in the tournament to play disc golf. The tournament costs will be either $7 or $20, depending if you want a souvenir Innova Sidewinder glow disc, valued at $15 (which will also be available to everyone). In the late evening on Saturday besides fire dancing and late night acoustic music we will also have rounds of night disc golf going on, with acoustic bands set up in certain spots on the course for your listening enjoyment. This promises to be a very fun, unique and intimate event, that we’re sure will bring you many smiles. We’re hoping you come celebrate with us our 25 years of helping make good memories by making more! Thanks, Bob Horning The Piano Throwers: A eclectic & free-wheelin' power-trio, The Piano Throwers, bring their Americana-rock, funk, and blues to Horning's Hideout. Zig-zagging sonic routes from New York to Nashville, New Orleans to Abbey Road while taking musical chances... and liberties... is the signature sound of the good times these guys bring to the stage. Tye North on bass, Carlton Jackson on drums and Scott Law on electric guitar, and featuring special guest Steve Berlin of Los Lobos on sax.

Should be a great weekend. Lets see how many people we can get out there to show our appreciation for this wonderful addition to NW disc golf

Comment

P.S.

Tickets are on sale at Tickets West under Horning's Hideout, http://ticketswest.rdln.com/ or at the gate.
                  Thanks, Bob

Comment

Is there any word on what time the tournaments will be on Saturday? I think I'm going to come out for some of the festivities and would defintely like to play in the tournament.

Sounds like it's gonna be a rockin' weekend at Horning's!
                    Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                    PDGA #37890
                    Stumptown #157
                    ODW TDG 10-11
                    3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Rob and I are headed out to Hornings on Wednesday to firm up the coming festivities; keep your eyes here for an update Wednesday evening for the start time.
                      J
                      educate your thinking

Comment

Random doubles starts at 2:30, music, then lights for a glo round complete with live music on the course. This is going to be fun.
                        educate your thinking

Comment

The second course isn't going to be in yet, is it?
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the updated info JMan. I'm definitely there. Is anyone planning on heading out there earlier in the day and might want to play a warm up round before the doubles?
                            Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                            PDGA #37890
                            Stumptown #157
                            ODW TDG 10-11
                            3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                              The second course isn't going to be in yet, is it?
                              No. I talked to Bob yesterday, and he indicated that course #2 will be complete in about a month. Course #3 is scheduled to go in the spring.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X