X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Oak Grove Open at Champoeg State Park June 14th

A dedicated group of golfers in the Newberg area is trying to fix up a diamond in the rough out at Champoeg State Park. Champoeg Disc Golf Course is a park with huge potential, but has been long forgotten about. As a result the buckets are outdated, tee pads worn out to the point of being unsafe, eroded away mud pits around every basket due to only one pin location, and only 15 holes. We have realized the potential and we are working to fix that: 3 new Mach X baskets have been purchased to complete the 18, enough sponsorship has led to enough funds for tee pads that are due by the end of the summer, and we are on our way to 15 brand new top-of-the-line DGA Mach X baskets. This tournament is another way to help fund the project, so please come out and help the cause.

This C-tier is a one day, 2 round tournament. It is a charity event.

Schedule is as follows:
    7:00 - 8:00 Check in
    8:10 Players meeting
    8:30 Round 1 tee off
    Break for Lunch
    1:00 Players meeting
    1:15 Round 2 tee off
    ~5pm awards

Addressing Matt B's questions below:

Entry Fee: $50 for Open and $40 for Am. Registration at http://www.4discgolf.com/14OGO

The charity event format is 75% payout and %25 goes towards the course.

There will be 36 holes played on Saturday in the new layout that we will be installing by the end of the summer

The course will be nicely mowed and let's hope for some sun to dry it out. We will not have concrete tee pads in yet, as they will not be approved until the end of June.
    Last edited by dpenfiel; May 9th, 2014, 08:07 PM.

Can you give some more details when you have them? Entry fee, how much of it goes to the course, how many holes, what layout, what condition the course will be in, etc?

Comment

Ahh Matt, Thanks so much for the questions. I have edited the above

Comment

Thanks Derek, I'm going to try to make it! I love playing new courses.

Comment

when will reg open? not much going on in june, and i kinda want to keep it that way, but a cute little one dayer on my birthday weekend would be fun. I'll play MA2, unless some other FPOs sign up, in which case i'd bring an extra ten bucks. that sound okay? thanks for all your hard work at champoeg. it deserves to be a legit 18 hole course.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Reg is now open, emmarose! And yes, that sounds great

Comment

Are we going to play the normal layout? I'm gonna head down there and play today.
              Brody Cannon
              PDGA #34008

Comment

Originally posted by dpenfiel View Post
                There will be 36 holes played on Saturday in the new layout that we will be installing by the end of the summer.
                Excited to see this new layout!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X