X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rosebud Almost Open @ Timber Park May 25th

The third annual Rosebud almost open will be held Sunday May 25th @ Timber Park in Estacada. We will be using the same 18 hole safari course as the last two years, par 59. For all who have attended in previous years you know how fun and challenging the course is and what a fun tournament this one is. Two rounds, non sanctioned.

This year the Rosebud will be a fundraising event for PDGA Pro Worlds which is coming to town this summer if you haven't heard. A big thanks to Jeff Hagerty and many many others who are hosting, helping, or putting this event on. It's been many years in the making and now those cream of the crop golfers can come up here to P-town and see what we all know here - how awesome our courses are and how good tournaments are run.

So come out to the Rosebud this year and support what many here thought was just a pipe dream only a few years ago - Portland hosting a PDGA Worlds event. And while we are helping we get to golf on a par 58 Timber course that's only available once a year, enjoy the company of 70-80 of your best friends, and enjoy the casual atmosphere of a non-sanctioned event (however one does that, to each their own).

More info will be posted soon as far as registration, who's doing script, who's bringing the beer, etc. when it becomes available. Hope many of you can make it.

9 AM Check In

approx. 10 AM Tee Off

Bart Yanoch
    Last edited by Bart; May 18th, 2014, 03:07 PM.

Awesome!!! The Rosebud is always a great time.

Thank you for your help Bart!
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Registration will open up on Monday April 14th. It will be available on line through our friends 4DiscGolf.

The link is... http://www.4discgolf.com/14RAO

There is a small fee to cover the time they put into the web site. If you would like to sign up via snail mail, just make sure to send me an email before you send your check or money order so I can account for you on the master list. Sorry, no third party out of state checks.

My email is byanoch@gmail.com

If you don't have access to a computer then whoa - just give me a call and we can work something out.

My phone number is 503.593.1007

All divisions are offered. We'll make it work. Last year we filled the event so try to get in sooner than later if your plan to play. Hope to see you all there...

Comment

Last edited by Lund; April 15th, 2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Comment

Rosebud course map

Comment

Lund, it looks like despite your best efforts, the forum would not accept your posting of the map, and will not let us see it. I have not figured out how to post a file either. Perhaps a moderator or the webmaster can do it? It will be nice once that feature is working again!

For now, the file could be posted elsewhere, and a link placed here. If you email me the file I will post it and link to it. The file could be placed in Google Drive, Photobucket, etc. Not as slick, but ti would allow others to see it.
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

If you use imageshack or a similar site you can generate a forum link that will display the image in the thread.

Comment

I traced the map with crayon onto my monitor. I can see it just fine, but it now appears on every web site I enter.

Comment

This work?

Comment

Comment

FYI Gawain et al. It tool a few iterations of modifying the html code that Flickr gave me but here is what finally worked:
                        https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/...7b6dc96f1a.jpg
                        in between [img] ...[/img]
                        Hope that helps.

Comment

I love this layout! Thanks ahead of time to Bart and everyone to works on this tournament.

Comment

Thanks!
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

About three weeks out from the tournament....

Disc Golf Depot is on board again this year for the script. Jerry will be there with his trailer and large inventory of discs, and script can also be redeemed afterwards at the Depot.

Jerry also said that he'd be offering some sort of lunch option. Last year it was franks. Possibly tamales this year he has to figure it out.

We've got about 20 people singed up right now, but as I said last year this tournament filled. It is a very laid back event - I tried to model it after the tournaments I first played in back when I started golfing, about 10 years ago or so. Remember those days? No 2 1/2 minute online tournament filling, the longest driver out there was the Valkyrie, and your award was a cardboard cut out of a fish with your name written in crayon on it. (No offense to who did those - I'm just trying to make a point) So drop the cardboard and substitute in whatever fancy driver you have now and you have the Rose Bud Almost Open.

Tell you friends who have never played a tournament before this is a good one to start at, and for those who have played it's still a good tournament at a challenging, and possibly lefty backhand friendly, course. Enough blabbing, I'll be back when I have something important to say again....

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X