X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lynx 2014 ~ Cottage Grove, Or

I hope y'all can make it out! This one is going to be a blast!

Welcome to The Lynx: Presented by McShane's, The Jackalope Lounge, and The Flying Squirrel!

http://www.4discgolf.com/14LYNX
    Registration open!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1392845074323235/

Come join us on Memorial Day Weekend to celebrate the sport of Disc Golf in the Southern Willamette Valley. This PDGA sanctioned B-Tier tournament will
    be held on May 24-25 in Cottage Grove, Ore.

Play will begin with two rounds on Saturday at North Regional Park in its XL setup. This Par 60 gives every player tight technical shots and large open fairways. Be prepared because threats of OB are present on several holes.

Day two will be held on a temporary course at Middlefield Golf Course neighboring NRP. This Par 72 monster will test your arm and your endurance.
    The beautifully crafted fairways give you plenty of room to work, but threats of OB do loom around every corner. It will be a grinder at its finest but a sight to see.

Each Player will be given a cozy pair of Lynx stamped Basketball shorts to enjoy the upcoming summer in and other items will be added as the event gets closer.

Pro: $60
    Am: $50
    Players will have a $10 fee added to entrance for greens fee at Middlefield.

Feel free to ask me any questions that may arise.

Schedule

Fri. May 23:

3 pm-7 pm ~ Early check-in at Middlefield Golf Course pro shop

Sat. May 24:

7 am-830 am ~ Late check-in at North Regional Park

9:00 am ~ Players Meeting

9:30 am ~ Shotgun Start

12:30 pm ~ Lunch

2 pm ~ Round 2 Begins

7pm ~ Players Party at Mcshane's Bar & Grill

Sunday

8:00 am ~ players meeting

8:30 am ~ Shotgun start

2:00 pm ~ Awards

We hope to see you at The Lynx in 2014!
    PDGA, Registration, Signup, Tournament, Disc Golf, Online
    Last edited by warrenhol; April 5th, 2014, 10:31 PM.

This makes me so friggin excited I can hardly contain myself. Golf course DG has been on my mind ever since they ripped Laurelwood and Oakway away from us leaving our arms begging for more punishment. And the rollers. Ahhh the rollers. It brings a tear to me eye. Super Grove is the perfect compliment too. Will you play tee 1 to basket 2? Or the triple mando? Will we be able to see the layout for Middlefield or even get to practice it on Friday? What about camping? I'm down to help in any way I can. Fundraising, course layout, printing out cards. Let's be in touch...
    May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

I would like to shoot out a big ol' thank you to Mcshane's Bar & Grill, The Jackalope Lounge, and The Flying Squirrel for supporting The Lynx and jumping on the opportunity to be our Presenting Sponsor! Not only are they helping exponentially on the preparation of the event, they are proud to be hosting our 2014 Players Party on Sat. night! There will be disc golfer specials, putting competitions, tricycle races, pool, and much much more! I cant wait to see all of you there.

As for camping, I am trying to gather information as to where we can all fit. Since the event is on Memorial Day Weekend most sites have been booked. I know I have a huge yard and can easily fit 6 tents. I don't have a problem letting out of towners use it at all! I will be updating you all as more info comes in!

Many birdies be with you!

Comment

Course map for Middlefield Golf Course! I cant wait to see how people favor on this 11,600 foot course. I hope to see y'all there!

Comment

Oops! Looks like I had an epic fail! No picture attached and posted it way too much! Here is the real course map and the layout to be played. All Cart path and beyond, All water, All bunkers, and All greens: OB

Comment

Comment

Thank you Matt! I appreciate the upload.

Comment

Just a quick update!
                Camping is now available next door to North Regional Park. It is literally a 30 second walk from the course. It will be located at the Cottage Grove Fair Grounds in the section closest to the course. There will be running water, bathrooms, electricity, a small cafe open all weekend, and a covered area where Tournament Central will be held on Saturday.
                $15/tent per night.

There will also be a players party on saturday night,a full set of field event competitions, and cheap lunch offered on site both days.

This event is shaping up to be a ton of fun! I hope you can make it out to enjoy the weekend.

Comment

Here is an updated Middlefield Map as well. This one had the distances outlined.

Comment

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X