University of Oregon DUCK CHUCK - University of Oregon Campus Temp. Course - April 5th, 2014 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Oregon DUCK CHUCK - University of Oregon Campus Temp. Course - April 5th, 2014

The University of Oregon Disc Golf Club is hosting their annual fund raising tournament again, and its going to be better than ever!

This will be a on day, rolling registration, extravaganza! We are getting a unique run of discs from Innova, and a pile of donations from the community to give away as prizes and in a raffle of epic proportions! We anticipate having at least one basket, bags, discs, gift certificates to food and entertainment throughout the Willamette Valley, and various odds and ends.

The course will be a diabolical and unique challenge, featuring the best and most beautiful parts of the Oregon campus. Expect tight fairways, difficult mandos, tons of OB. This course will do it best to unnerve and derail your focus and provide you hours of enjoyment! It will be fairly short, but we are anticipating it being a little longer than last year, based on what the University will allow us to use. We may even be able to offer a once in a lifetime disc golf experience, more to come.

Entry fee will be the purchase of a disc. $20 for CFR Glow, $15 for DX. We are asking for $5 for each subsequent lap. Each competitor will recieve a free raffle ticket, and if possible some additional Oregon swag as a players pack. Scoring will be similar to last year, where each player can submit their best score, and play the course over and over again trying to get their best score possible. We will give an undecided number of top finishers a choice of prizes from a prize pool.

Any proceeds will go directly to the UODGC and will be used to offset the cost of traveling to Nationals, where the Ducks will be taking two men's teams and, for the first time in school history, a full women's team! We absolutely appreciate your support. We will do our very best to make everyone proud!

Date: Saturday, April 5, 2014

Time: 9:00AM - 3:00PM

Cost: $20 Glow, $15 DX, $5 for secondary laps. Any additional donations accepted and greatly appreciated.

If anyone is interested in sponsoring the tournament or the team, please let me know here or at corbinh@uoregon.edu. We have a variety of sponsorship options available including space on uniforms, press releases, etc.

Thank you so much, it is an honor to be a part of this community!

Good news on another Duck Chuck event! I don't suppose you were able to get the fields where the basketball courts are (East of the EMU), or the lawn of the Law School? I'd dearly love to be able to have a course run the whole east-west length of the campus. How about the lawn south of the EMU? That's another area that seems prime for a couple holes.

Comment

Originally posted by jeverett View Post
      Good news on another Duck Chuck event! I don't suppose you were able to get the fields where the basketball courts are (East of the EMU), or the lawn of the Law School? I'd dearly love to be able to have a course run the whole east-west length of the campus. How about the lawn south of the EMU? That's another area that seems prime for a couple holes.
      We are doing our best to reserve the entire campus. There are a few places where it is hard to get permission to use. The EMU lawns were unavailable to us last year, we are hoping things are different this year. The lawn nearest the law school (north of 15th) is very difficult to get, but we are doing our best. We essentially put in a reservation for every inch of campus, and take whatever they give us. I share your vision for those areas, but we'll see what fortune brings us.

Thanks!

Comment

Last year's course was awesome! Can't wait to play again this year. Tons of fun and for a great cause. But....GO GOLDENBEARS!
        Think Positive, Shoot Negative

Comment

Any word yet on which Glow molds it will be this year? Last year's Firebirds were pretty, but omg sooooo overstable. :P

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X