Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buxton Woods Open 2014--May 17th, 2014--Buxton Woods D.G.C.

Buxton Woods Open 2014
    Buxton Woods DGC
    May 17th, 2014

The Buxton Woods Open is a new annual event giving players a chance to compete for cash and prizes on the amazing new course: Buxton Woods D.G.C. There will be two rounds of non-sanctioned singles competition followed by an awards ceremony. This event will have a maximum of 72 participants.

Founded in the fall of 2013, Buxton Woods D.G.C. is an 18-hole course with a great mix of terrain and hole designs. The course features 19 electric blue Bentley Baskets and generously proportioned concrete tee pads. With benches and push brooms on every hole, and a multitude of challenging and fun shots to take, Buxton Woods truly leaves little to be desired.

Divisions and Fees:

Intermediate Amateur (MA2 and FW2) divisions: $20 entry fee (includes player’s pack).
    Advanced Amateur (MA1 and FW1) divisions: $25 entry fee (includes player’s pack).
    Pro/Open (MPO and FPO) divisions: $30 entry fee (no player’s pack).
    Ace Pot: $2 entry fee (pot split between all aces, if no aces split between C.T.P. winners).

All players please remember that Buxton Woods charges a $3 per person day use fee. This fee must be paid in addition to your tournament entry fee. All day use fees shall be paid upon arrival at The 19th Hole pro shop.

We will be happy to add any division with at least four players interested. Please contact the Tournament Director with name, contact e-mail, and requested division to start a division wait list.

Prizes and Player’s Packs:

There will be prizes for Amateur divisions and cash for Pro divisions. Multiple C.T.P prizes will also be awarded. All prizes T.B.A. This is a non-profit event. All profits from the B.W.O. 2014 will be returned to the winning players in the form of cash and prizes.

We are excited to announce that we will have scrip from Disc Golf Depot this year for all Am divisions. Jerry will be on site with a trailer full of great discs. Scrip will be redeemable on the day of the event or at Disc Golf Depot anytime afterwards. Please check out the largest selection of discs in the N.W. at www.discgolfdepot.com.

The player’s pack for this event will consist of a premium plastic disc, one of the limited first-run of B.W.D.G.C. custom stamped discs. Any extra discs from this run will be available for purchase on the day of the event.

Registration and Payments:

Registration opens January 15th, 2014 and closes May 10th, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. Pacific time. The number of players in each division is not limited and the tournament will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Register soon because space is limited.

Registration will be live on discgolfscene.com. Please register at the following link:

http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...oods_Open_2014

Refunds and Cancellation Policy:
    PDGA's Competition Manual-
    1.3 Withdraws and Refunds:

• A player may officially withdraw only by contacting the Tournament Director.
    • Players must email or phone their withdrawals to the Tournament Director only at the contact information posted.
    • Discussions with persons other than the Tournament Director, including other tournament staff, shall not be considered official.
    • No refunds will be issued after the 7th day prior to the start of the event, but the player shall be sent a player’s package if one was provided to event competitors.
    • Withdrawals made before the 7th day prior to the start of the event shall receive a 50% refund.
    • Withdrawals made 14 days prior to the start of the event shall be refunded 100%, less postage and handling, which shall not exceed 10% of the entry fee.

Schedule:

8:00 a.m.-8:30 a.m.: Check In
    8:30 a.m.: Player’s Meeting
    9:00 a.m.: Round 1 (all divisions)
    1:00 p.m.: Round 2 (Awards Ceremony and Ring of Fire to follow)

Additional Information:

We will be grilling dogs and veggie burgers during lunch for a small fee. Other snacks, discs and bag tags will also be available for purchase.

Don’t forget to visit and like the “Buxton Woods DGC” page on Facebook for updates on this and other fun events. Please feel free to contact the Tournament Director with any questions or concerns.

Contact Information:

Tournament Director: Casey Kimball
    E-mail: ckimballart@yahoo.com
    Phone: 503-720-1743
    Last edited by Casey Kimball; March 25th, 2014, 10:19 AM.

Hi guys! We already have 8 players registered. That is awesome! Please keep them coming in.

We already have several volunteers lined up, and all kinds of plans forming to make this a great start to an annual tradition. Thanks so much for the support!

-Casey

http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...4/registration

Comment

We have a player interested in forming a Men's Advanced Masters division (MM1)...please contact me if you would like to be added to the waitlist for that division as well. Three more people and it will be added! Have a good one!

Comment

Another division is being formed! We have two players interested in forming a Men's Advanced Grandmasters division!...please contact me if you would like to be added to the waitlist for that division as well. Two more people and it will be added! Have a great day!

Comment

Say, if they don't get enough requests for an Advanced Grand Master division, then those players could always combine with me in requesting an Advanced Master division, since they would qualify for that, too!
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Good idea! Looks like we have 3 for advanced masters and 2 for advanced grandmasters as of today. Keep those waitlist requests coming and have a good one!

Comment

We are excited to announce that we will have scrip from Disc Golf Depot this year for all Am divisions. Jerry will be on site with a trailer full of great discs. Scrip will be redeemable on the day of the event or at Disc Golf Depot anytime afterwards. Please check out the largest selection of discs in the N.W. at www.discgolfdepot.com. Thank you Jerry!

Comment

We have 3 of 4 peeps needed on both Adv. Masters and Adv. Grandmasters waitlists. I am happy to announce that we will at least be offering a Masters division! Thinking I will still wait for more to form the two separate divisions. Keep your waitlist requests coming and we will gladly try to accomadate you.

Comment

Advanced Masters/MM1 division has been added to the Buxton Woods Open and is ready for registration. We still have 3 out of 4 needed for Advanced Grandmasters (50+) so anyone else interested in that division please let me know. Also anyone thinking of Grandmasters may feel free to registers for MM1 if you'd like.

Comment

Ring of Fire had been added! We are currently collecting donations to make it an additional bonus for players. We had a great vounteer meeting this weekend. There are at least 6 dedicated volunteers, not including Chad and myself or the B.W. staff, ready to help this tourney run smoothly. We are nearly half full so register soon! Innova custom stamped Star plastic discs have been ordered for player's packs!

Comment

Over half full! Sign up soon while there are still spots!

Comment

Hello players, I am getting stoked for the Buxton Woods Open 2014! What would people like the most for prizes? Discs, bags, clothing, cash, scrip, or something else? We are getting ready to get the C.T.P., Ring of Fire and Top Finisher prizes set and I would like to hear any suggestions. Thanks and have a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Kimball View Post
                          What would people like the most for prizes? Discs, bags, clothing, cash, scrip, or something else? We are getting ready to get the C.T.P., Ring of Fire and Top Finisher prizes set and I would like to hear any suggestions.
                          I would like cash but amateurs can't take cash so I would prefer scrip so I can select the discs of my choice either on-site or later at Disc Golf Depot.

P.S. I'm stoked too!

Comment

Hemmerling is mistaken. This is not a PDGA tournament. The TD can award whatever s/he wishes.

For that matter, if you want to play for cash (which I do), we can just change the name of the division: call it "Pro Masters," or just call it "Purple Division" or anything you want, if it will make you feel better about it.

Yeah, Pro Masters, where you should be playing anyway Hemmerling...

PSS: I'm stoked too!
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Anyway, Hemmerling had a higher rating than my self in team golf (boo) and Jerry Miller is in the same division? It will be a fun time with good people - like a beerfest. G - just bring your A-game and A-beer and you will do just fine.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X