Beaver Believer Triples Throwdown on Adair's brand spanking new 12'-14' concrete tee pads!!! - December 15, 2013 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver Believer Triples Throwdown on Adair's brand spanking new 12'-14' concrete tee pads!!! - December 15, 2013

On Sunday December 15, 2013, please come support the Oregon State University Disc Golf Club on Adair's brand new concrete tee pads!!!
    The course is currently closed until Wednesday November 20(they even took the baskets out), and we will be hosting the very first tournament on these giant 12 to 14 foot long tee pads!!!!

Beaver Believer Triples Throwdown!!

The Oregon State University Disc Golf Club is proud to present our first winter fundraising tournament.This event will be held at Adair Park in Corvallis, OR, featuring recently poured concrete tee pads compliments of the Willamette Disc Golf Club. The money raised will go towards the funding and running of future tournaments, club operations, and travel costs to the National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships in Augusta, GA.
    This is an amateur only event**, and we will provide trophies for the top 3 finishing teams per division. Players packs are valued @ over $30 retail, and we will host up to 4 divisions (Minimum 3 teams per division): Advanced Mens, Advanced Womens, Intermediate Mens and Intermediate Womens.
    The Beaver Believer Triples Throwdown is a best shot team triples tournament, with two 21 hole rounds. For every "turkey" (3 birdies in a row) that your team cards will earn your team 15 tickets for the basket drawing(5 apiece). The exact # of holes will be announced closer to the event, and will feature different layouts for each round.

Registration information found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10_HB4m9Pr8xSRris5PpwjTbbJYU3TdvZxiusY-K8BCI/viewform

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cost: $75.00 per team ($25/team member, must be a team of 3)
    Players Pack: 1 SP line disc from DGA (old school Benny Beaver stamp), and 1 Discraft Ultra-Star (175g, angry beaver stamp...not the new rabid nutria)
    Food: You are welcome to bring your own lunch, however, the extremely delicious “Cheesy Stuffed Burgers” cart will be serving lunch, they are more than worth it (in our opinion), and are fully prepared to serve everyone if necessary; I’m sure they would love it.
    Basket Drawing: We will be selling tickets for a drawing to win an Innova Discs portable Discatcher, tickets are $1 apiece or $5 for ten. Tickets will be available for purchase throughout the tournament, with the drawing occurring promptly after the awards ceremony.
    Schedule:
    Check-in 7:30 – 8:30 AM
    Players Meeting 8:40 AM
    Start Morning round of 21 holes 9:00 AM
    BYO Lunch/Cheesy Stuffed Burgers 11:30 AM
    ~ no players meeting, tee-pad assignments will be posted @ TC ~
    Start Afternoon Round of 21 holes 1:00 PM
    Awards to Follow
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ** The amateur only nature of this event is mostly due to the fact that our club cannot be affiliated with professional tournaments because the university deems payouts to be considered gambling, thank you for your understanding.
    Last edited by DEG3; November 17th, 2013, 02:39 PM.

New tee pads at Adair?!!!! Yay!!!! Congratulations and thanks to everyone who did the work!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I was out there the day of the pour along with some other PacWest DGA members and friends from Salem to assist the Willamette DGC to help get it done.

http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile...es/album_11659

That link should take you to my pictures folder and show some of the work going on.

Steve Moore
      The old bearded guy hobbling around the courses with his cane in hand
      PacWest DGA
      Salem

Comment

Myself, roger and mike will be there representing Pac-West DGA with a team!

Comment

Any chance we can see a registration list?

Comment

Any info on updates or if registrations have been received? Sent a few messages on the scene and no replies. I see some are worried about the lack of communication for this event as it gets closer.

Comment

Would like to know if this thing is still going on. long drive from Seattle!!

Comment

Hey peoples! Sorry for the delayed response, school got a little hairy and we had some miscommunication on who was responsible for correspondence. It is still on, however there have been some recent developments this week due to the weather(it still has not broke above freezing here in Corvallis yet...

The county has closed park facilities(i.e. we are not authorized to use the pavilion or restrooms as they will be closed I guess due to freezing conditions until spring.) this came to us yesterday...We will be running tournament central from near the practice basket from under a couple pop up tents. The other dilemma that has occurred from this is that the food vendor is no longer legally allowed to be present, and therefore won't be.

Also, w
                e will not be able to close the course as well due to the legalities behind the facilities being closed. However, we will have multiple signs explaining that a fundraising tournament for our club is happening, and while we can't restrict from the course it would be respectfully appreciated if casual players found another course for the day. There will be smaller print at the bottom briefly explaining that it's due to the sudden freeze that we are not in a position to restrict people from playing, but would have if the weather was different. I've spoken with Dion Arlyn of the Willamette Disc Golf Club, and it was under his recomendations that we are going forward with the event, and we do not see any major issues arrising from it. Thank you all for your patience, and I'll see you all soon hopefully.

Comment

Team Name Category Division Contact Name Paid?
                  The Wet Beavers Men's Advanced Sean Delohery
                  Astronaut Dragon Slayers Men's Advanced Tom Inglis Y
                  Suzy and her Wombats Men's Advanced Josh "Crawdad" Johnson Mail
                  The Undecided Feminists Men's Advanced Jordan White
                  Victorious Secrets Men's Advanced Jared Fitzpatrick
                  team menajahtwa Men's Advanced Erich Painter
                  I'm not a playa I just crush a lot Men's Advanced Justin Bringhurst
                  Pac west disc golf Men's Intermediate Jeff sego Y
                  The Sweaty Chunder Monkeys Men's Intermediate Steven Winslow Y
                  Team Anunnaki Men's Intermediate Justin White Y
                  Sub Par Men's Intermediate Brian Pearson Y
                  Justice leagiue Men's Intermediate Erik Hayworth
                  Beaver, Beaver, Duck... Men's Intermediate Russ Brown
                  Frisbeeterians Men's Intermediate Erik Gyllenskog
                  The Dam Destroyers Men's Intermediate Katherine Walgrave
                  Fossil Flingers Men's Intermediate Bob Burton Mail
                  The Putt Pirates Men's Intermediate Greg Robertson

Comment

New updates, The food cart that would have been selling lunch is no longer legally allowed to be there due to the county, this also means we will not be able to bring in portapotties last minute...so the closest bathroom will be the restaurant around the corner on 99....we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Comment

That could get interesting!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X