X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCO Scrip reminder

Anyone still holding scrip from the RCO needs to get to Next Adventure as it will expire on the 12th of August. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Bob

With all due respect to Next Adventure, who are the best thing to happen to Portland disc golf since Full Sail, this expiring scrip thing is lame. I guarantee there are going to be some angry golfers at the NA cash register in the coming months. A much more reasonable time limit is one year; thirty days is way too short.

Just my opinion...

P.S. Thanks for the reminder Bob. I haven't redeemed mine yet
    Last edited by Jeff Hemmerling; August 3rd, 2009, 03:09 PM. Reason: Added thanks to Bob.

Comment

Hmmm.....

If "script" Certificates would fall under the same category as Gift Certificates is there not a state law in Oregon where These types of "guarantees" cannot expire????With all due respect, i understand that it may be annoying to keep your list of names behind the counter and continuously add to it, but i think these script payouts may be a guarantee of service .....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
        With all due respect to Next Adventure, who are the best thing to happen to Portland disc golf since Full Sail, this expiring scrip thing is lame. I guarantee there are going to be some angry golfers at the NA cash register in the coming months. A much more reasonable time limit is one year; thirty days is way too short.

Just my opinion...

P.S. Thanks for the reminder Bob. I haven't redeemed mine yet
        Brian from Next Adventure mentioned that you can drop by Next Adventure and convert the scrip to a "debit card" with a longer expiration date. He simply wants to wrap up each events paperwork as quickly as possible. Once everyone has "converted" their scrip he can call that event done.
        Last edited by Bullseye; August 4th, 2009, 01:35 PM. Reason: there <> their <> they're
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

This is good to know, Jeff. We're saving up for a kayak or two and were afraid that we would be SOL. Thanks for the info.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            This is good to know, Jeff. We're saving up for a kayak or two and were afraid that we would be SOL. Thanks for the info.
            Confirm that with Brian... I heard him say it myself, but I'm not giving it a personal guarantee
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

He said something similar on Saturday and I thought that I might have misheard him so this is kinda like confirmation. He is just stunned that some people never use their scrip...
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I like being able to save up my scrip. I just bought a 15 degree Marmot. It's a fuzzy little critter.
                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Did you buy it a leash too?

Ahhh, nice marmot.

Comment

I did except I get to wear it.
                    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by sands.steven View Post
                      If "script" Certificates would fall under the same category as Gift Certificates is there not a state law in Oregon where These types of "guarantees" cannot expire????With all due respect, i understand that it may be annoying to keep your list of names behind the counter and continuously add to it, but i think these script payouts may be a guarantee of service .....
                      Steven,

You may want to look into this further but as far as I can tell the difference is that you did not buy the scrip, it was a prize that was awarded. Had you purchased the scrip then it would fall under the Oregon State rules governing a gift certificate. Do yourself a favor and go down to Next Adventure and settle up with either a NA gift card or merchandise.
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                        Brian from Next Adventure mentioned that you can drop by Next Adventure and convert the scrip to a "debit card" with a longer expiration date. He simply wants to wrap up each events paperwork as quickly as possible. Once everyone has "converted" there scrip he can call that event done.
                        That's what he said...to me last week as we wrapped up the Chick Flick details.

Comment

Does anyone know how long you have to use your scrip once it has been transfered to the card? I have some scrip from the RCO but I have not been able to make it to Portland since the event. I am going to be playing the Calapooia this week and am wondering if anyone from Portland would be willing to do me a big favor and take my scrip and put it on one of those cards. Then assuming the deadline is long enough on the card I could get it at a future tournament. If anyone could help me out that would be amazing! Please pm me if you think you can.

Comment

bump

Comment

I went down yesterday and exchanged my scrip for a Next Adventure credit Card which basically looks like a credit card but is serialized. It has my name on it and on the back has my balance and initialed by the gentleman at the counter that issued it to me. The entire process took 2 minutes.
                              PDGA #25296
                              Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X