Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sep 15th 2013, Susan G Komen Race for the Cure

Hey everyone,

I need your help, I am running in a race on the 15th of September that is near and dear to me and probably most of you. Its the Susan G Komen "Race for the Cure". Its to raise breast cancer awareness and to provide medical coverage and screenings for women who may otherwise not receive proper care. I am running on Team Tektronix and I am hoping to raise funds to meet a goal I set for myself. I don't like the thought of women developing breast cancer. Its a terrible thought and a painful disease, what is even more disturbing is that most women can prevent the loss of life through proper screening and self examinations.

I am asking you guys to help me raise money to help with this costs of getting uninsured women breast screenings and transportation. If everyone on this forum helped spread the word and donated $1 it would help achieve greatness. I personally do not need the credit so if you want to donate in your own name please do so.

Here is my fundraising goal page, I donated the first $100.00 and now I need help getting to the $500.00 stretch goal.
    http://race.komenoregon.org/site/TR?...20&pg=personal

If you do not want to help in my name here is the link to the organization who has vowed to help all women get the medical help they need.

Susan G Komen Donations
    https://secure2.convio.net/rfcp/site...donation=form1
    Last edited by Flash; September 10th, 2013, 02:27 PM.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Hey thanks for the support to those that have donated. There is still time. The race is this Sunday and I am still hoping to hit that fundraising goal.

After the race I hope to cruise out to Trojan to help with the ORDGC. Looks to be a great battle this year with possible some amazing weather both days.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X