Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inaugural Trojan Nation Bag Tag Challenge (9/14/08)

For those in the 'Nation (and you know who you are), there will be a Bag Tag Challenge on Sunday, September 14th, starting around 11 am. We hope to bring out a BBQ and a couple of coolers with beverages, if Wayne can get the power turned on for us, ChUcK said he'd bring some of his disc dyeing equipment, and, of course, there will be a round or two at one of the best courses in Oregon. So, if you have a Trojan Nation Bag Tag, we hope to see you there.

PM me with any questions or concerns.

Mitch
    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Just to clarify: Those who come out to the Tag Challenge that DO NOT already have tags, will hopefully receive their tags AFTER the rounds that day. This means you will NOT be playing for a better number (or artwork), but to earn your tag, so to speak. Those that already have their tag (or still need to be given theirs) will be playing for a better number (or artwork). Hope this clears things up... Questions? Let me know...
    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Ok. So, to the best of my knowledge, this is where we are as far as attendance goes:

In - Me, bishop, jasonrocksout, wiseguy, Dan N., Keys, Matt, Haley, ChUcK, OTH Bob, Trozzle

Out - Josh O. (bummer)

Undecided, or somewhat questionable - Scott Hill, Ol' Bob, Treelove, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Jason and Carrie P., and Yose(!)

Have heard nothing from (or I don't remember hearing from) - Rick, Chris Graham, J-Man, Jub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Andy Ivy

We are gonna drag out the BBQ and get a little late lunch going on, so, if you are not on the "In" or "Out" list, let me know what your status is. Also, let me know if I screwed up your status - with two boards, and this posted on two sections of each board, I may have missed something. Anyway, I am gonna go get the food Wednesday or Thursday, so the sooner I know, the better. Thanks.

Comment

BUMP (and an update)

Another update:

In - Me, bishop, jasonrocksout, wiseguy, Dan N., Keys, Matt, Haley, ChUcK, OTH Bob, Trozzle, Ol' Bob, Tim, Treelove, Marcus Ball, D-Walk

Out - Josh O. (bummer), J-Man (bummer, redux), Z-Man (bummer - I don't know what comes after redux)

Undecided, or somewhat questionable - Scott Hill, Greg the Clown, Jason and Carrie P., JLewis, Chris Graham, and Yose(!)

Have heard nothing from (or I don't remember hearing from) - Rick, Jub, Jim Anderson, Andy Ivy

As has been stated before, others are welcome, but extra tags are not in great supply. If you want in on this, let me know, ASAP (looking your direction, Jet). Thanks. See you Sunday at 11 am!

Comment

Yo Zip-

Carrie is injured, so I don't think either of us will make it out this weekend. Next time!
          Last edited by Pizzel; September 12th, 2008, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
            Yo Zip-

Carrie is injured, so I don't think either of us will make it out this weekend. Net time!

Yeah, I caught wind of that (Carrie's injury). That sucks. Hopefully she can get herself back out soon. We'll get you guys up this direction one of these days, one way, or another.

Comment

Breaking news.....

I'm in!

I can't wait.

Comment

I am out, unless I can get that day off work. also is the day before my DUI court date, so we will see what happens.
                All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Now, for your updated list...

In - Me, bishop, jasonrocksout, wiseguy, Dan N., Keys, Matt, Haley, ChUcK, OTH Bob, Ol' Bob, Tim, Treelove, Marcus Ball, D-Walk, Scott Hill, JLewis, Chris Graham, Brillo, my beloved (though she might not throw)

Out - Josh O. (bummer), J-Man (bummer, redux), Z-Man (bummer - I don't know what comes after redux), Rick, Greg the Clown, Jason and Carrie P., (more bummers all around - especially Carrie, since she's recently injured)

Somewhat questionable - Yose(!), and Trozzle

Have heard nothing from (or I don't remember hearing from) - Jub, Jim Anderson, Andy Ivy

As has been stated before, others are welcome, but extra tags are not in great supply. If you want in on this, let me know, ASAP (looking your direction, Micah). Thanks. See you Sunday at 11 am! Also, I might have corn on the cob to BBQ up, too.

Comment

I just wanted to throw out a huge thanks to the Nation for a great time today out at Trojan. You guys have done an amazing job, and it was a pleasure meeting and playing with you guys. I look forward to my next trip back up there.

Dave
                    Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                    PDGA #37890
                    Stumptown #157
                    ODW TDG 10-11
                    3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Oh Yeah!

Amen! That was an amazing day out at a great course with awesome people. What more can you ask for? I got to look at all of the tags' artwork and still picked my #5 with the sweet "Please, No explanations in the church" sign. Thanks for getting it all together Mitch.

I played while still sick (got sick on Friday) and still managed my Personal Best at Trojan with a -4.

But the highlight of the day HAD to be the deuce I pulled on hole #5.

I drove with the go-to 150g DX Destroyer out past the second tree on the left of the fairway. That gave me a look at the basket and I pulled out the "Fairway Driver" for the approach shot. Slight Hyzer release on the Elite X Trakcer and it flipped up flat almost immediately and burned a frozen rope straight into the chains from 250'+. Strange round with birdies on 1, 5, 8, 13 & 14 with my only bogey on hole 10 when my drive dropped in the water just short of the bank, easily retrievable. I should play DG when I am sick more often.
                      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Sweet Zombie Freaking Jesus.

I am tired. And I only threw one round.

What a great freaking experience. I don't even know where to begin. ChUcK and Tim came out and dyed approximately 3,000* discs during lunch, Matt and I managed to catch the BBQ on fire, I think some people drank some beer, a large number of people threw things, Jordan freaking Lewis BIRDIED HOLE #5, a couple of people earned their TN Bag Tags (and somebody forgot theirs in Seattle), and Ol' Bob wandered off Property De La Mud to throw with us as well. However, Wiseguy could not not be rousted from his apartment to join us - but Corey told on him to his mom, who happend to be bike riding out at the park. Ha, ha (in Nelson voice).

Results will be posted tomorrow, as I am tired. Wait, I already covered that - damn Spearhead show last night...

Seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves, I hope. Many thanks to Dan and Corey for their work on the tags (especially Dan, as he designed them), more thanks to Dan for making custom scorecards for the event. Thanks to ChUcK and Tim for making the long drive to join us, and thanks to Jim Anderson for making the trip, too. Support for Portland was strong, and it was good to see a new face or two during the event, too - good to meet ya; Dave. I don't even know what else, and probably forgot a lot. Thanks to all - you rock.

* Not really 3,000 discs, but it seemed like a lot. And, as usual, the dye work was amazing.

Comment

This event was the absolute shiznit. I had so much fun, but proably shouldn't have thrown that third round.

Food was great. People were great. The beer was plentiful.

Great job, TN!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X